Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Print file line by line
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Print file line by line Post 87129 by zazzybob on Thursday 20th of October 2005 08:44:38 AM
Old 10-20-2005
without the UUoC
Code:
while read line; do
  # stuff
done < filename

Cheers
ZB

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print line whatever line i want in a file... there any way

Hi friends I need to get what ever line number i want Supplier.profile ----------------- SFTP/INVTRAN SFTP/INVSNAP GATEWAY/INVTRAN GATEWAY/INVSNAP ---------------- exec 0<$Supplier.profile while read LINE do echo $LINE (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kittusri9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare multiple fields in file1 to file2 and print line and next line

Hello, I have two files that I need to compare and print out the line from file2 that has the first 6 fields matching the first 6 fields in file1. Complicating this are the following restrictions 1. file1 is only a few thousand lines at most and file2 is greater than 2 million 2. I need to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gillesc_mac
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

read file line by line print column wise

I have a .csv file which is seperated with (;) inputfile --------- ZZZZ;AAAA;BBB;CCCC;DDD;EEE; YYYY;BBBB;CCC;DDDD;EEE;FFF; ... ... reading file line by line till end of file. while reading each line output format should be . i need to print only specific columns let say 5th... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocking77
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match a line in File 1 with Column in File 2 and print whole line in file 2 when matched

Hi Experts, I am very new to scripting and have a prb since few days and it is urgent to solve so much appreciated if u help me. i have 2 files file1.txt 9647810043118 9647810043126 9647810043155 9647810043161 9647810043166 9647810043185 9647810043200 9647810043203 9647810043250... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: mustafa.abdulsa
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print pipe separated list as line by line in Korn Shell

Korn Shell in AIX 6.1 I want to print the below shown pipe (|) separated list line by line. line=es349889|nhb882309|ts00293|snh03524|bg578835|bg37900|rnh00297|py882201|sg175883 for i in line do echo "Hello $line " done I wanted to execute the above for loop. But i can't even set the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: polavan
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using regex's from file1, print line and line after matches in file2

Good day, I have a list of regular expressions in file1. For each match in file2, print the containing line and the line after. file1: file2: Output: I can match a regex and print the line and line after awk '{lines = $0} /Macrosiphum_rosae/ {print lines ; print lines } ' ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print previous line of multiple pattern matched line?

Hello, I have below format log file, Comparing csv_converted_files/2201/9747.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and csv_converted_files/22019/97447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv Comparing csv_converted_files/2559/9447.1012H67126.5077292103609547345.csv and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindshukla81
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Output to file print as single line, not separate line

example of problem: when I echo "$e" >> /home/cogiz/file.txt result prints to file as:AA BB CC I need it to save to file as this:AA BB CC I know it's probably something really simple but any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Cogiz (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cogiz
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find line then evaluate text on next line, print when condition is met

Hello, I am looking for a specific situation in a text file. The conditions are, > <CompoundName> InChI=1S/C5H12NO2/c1-5(2)4-8-6(3)7/h5H,4H2,1-3H3/q+1 I am looking for cases where the line "> <CompoundName>" is followed by a line that contains the string "InChI=" without regard to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reading a file line by line and print required lines based on pattern

Hi All, i want to write a shell script read below file line by line and want to exclude the lines which contains empty value for MOUNTPOINT field. i am using centos 7 Operating system. want to read below file. # cat /tmp/d5 NAME="/dev/sda" TYPE="disk" SIZE="60G" OWNER="root"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
4 Replies
SQL::Translator::Schema::Table(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       SQL::Translator::Schema::Table(3pm)

NAME
SQL::Translator::Schema::Table - SQL::Translator table object SYNOPSIS
use SQL::Translator::Schema::Table; my $table = SQL::Translator::Schema::Table->new( name => 'foo' ); DESCRIPTION
"SQL::Translator::Schema::Table" is the table object. METHODS
new Object constructor. my $table = SQL::Translator::Schema::Table->new( schema => $schema, name => 'foo', ); add_constraint Add a constraint to the table. Returns the newly created "SQL::Translator::Schema::Constraint" object. my $c1 = $table->add_constraint( name => 'pk', type => PRIMARY_KEY, fields => [ 'foo_id' ], ); my $c2 = SQL::Translator::Schema::Constraint->new( name => 'uniq' ); $c2 = $table->add_constraint( $constraint ); drop_constraint Remove a constraint from the table. Returns the constraint object if the index was found and removed, an error otherwise. The single parameter can be either an index name or an "SQL::Translator::Schema::Constraint" object. $table->drop_constraint('myconstraint'); add_index Add an index to the table. Returns the newly created "SQL::Translator::Schema::Index" object. my $i1 = $table->add_index( name => 'name', fields => [ 'name' ], type => 'normal', ); my $i2 = SQL::Translator::Schema::Index->new( name => 'id' ); $i2 = $table->add_index( $index ); drop_index Remove an index from the table. Returns the index object if the index was found and removed, an error otherwise. The single parameter can be either an index name of an "SQL::Translator::Schema::Index" object. $table->drop_index('myindex'); add_field Add an field to the table. Returns the newly created "SQL::Translator::Schema::Field" object. The "name" parameter is required. If you try to create a field with the same name as an existing field, you will get an error and the field will not be created. my $f1 = $table->add_field( name => 'foo_id', data_type => 'integer', size => 11, ); my $f2 = SQL::Translator::Schema::Field->new( name => 'name', table => $table, ); $f2 = $table->add_field( $field2 ) or die $table->error; drop_field Remove a field from the table. Returns the field object if the field was found and removed, an error otherwise. The single parameter can be either a field name or an "SQL::Translator::Schema::Field" object. $table->drop_field('myfield'); comments Get or set the comments on a table. May be called several times to set and it will accumulate the comments. Called in an array context, returns each comment individually; called in a scalar context, returns all the comments joined on newlines. $table->comments('foo'); $table->comments('bar'); print join( ', ', $table->comments ); # prints "foo, bar" get_constraints Returns all the constraint objects as an array or array reference. my @constraints = $table->get_constraints; get_indices Returns all the index objects as an array or array reference. my @indices = $table->get_indices; get_field Returns a field by the name provided. my $field = $table->get_field('foo'); get_fields Returns all the field objects as an array or array reference. my @fields = $table->get_fields; is_valid Determine whether the view is valid or not. my $ok = $view->is_valid; is_trivial_link True if table has no data (non-key) fields and only uses single key joins. is_data Returns true if the table has some non-key fields. can_link Determine whether the table can link two arg tables via many-to-many. my $ok = $table->can_link($table1,$table2); name Get or set the table's name. Errors ("No table name") if you try to set a blank name. If provided an argument, checks the schema object for a table of that name and disallows the change if one exists (setting the error to "Can't use table name "%s": table exists"). my $table_name = $table->name('foo'); schema Get or set the table's schema object. my $schema = $table->schema; primary_key Gets or sets the table's primary key(s). Takes one or more field names (as a string, list or array[ref]) as an argument. If the field names are present, it will create a new PK if none exists, or it will add to the fields of an existing PK (and will unique the field names). Returns the "SQL::Translator::Schema::Constraint" object representing the primary key. These are eqivalent: $table->primary_key('id'); $table->primary_key(['name']); $table->primary_key('id','name']); $table->primary_key(['id','name']); $table->primary_key('id,name'); $table->primary_key(qw[ id name ]); my $pk = $table->primary_key; options Get or set the table's options (e.g., table types for MySQL). Returns an array or array reference. my @options = $table->options; order Get or set the table's order. my $order = $table->order(3); field_names Read-only method to return a list or array ref of the field names. Returns undef or an empty list if the table has no fields set. Useful if you want to avoid the overload magic of the Field objects returned by the get_fields method. my @names = $constraint->field_names; equals Determines if this table is the same as another my $isIdentical = $table1->equals( $table2 ); LOOKUP METHODS
The following are a set of shortcut methods for getting commonly used lists of fields and constraints. They all return lists or array refs of Field or Constraint objects. pkey_fields The primary key fields. fkey_fields All foreign key fields. nonpkey_fields All the fields except the primary key. data_fields All non key fields. unique_fields All fields with unique constraints. unique_constraints All this tables unique constraints. fkey_constraints All this tables foreign key constraints. (See primary_key method to get the primary key constraint) AUTHORS
Ken Youens-Clark <kclark@cpan.org>, Allen Day <allenday@ucla.edu>. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-01 SQL::Translator::Schema::Table(3pm)