Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting transfer of specific file content to another file Post 86939 by jim mcnamara on Tuesday 18th of October 2005 02:01:26 PM
Old 10-18-2005
Code:
awk ' {print $2}' oldfile > newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove specific content in a file

Hi, I have a file called fl_list consists of files i have to archive. I want to create a exception parm called except_parm, so if it finds the directory it will not archive these files and remove from fl_list. $ cat fl_list /apps/dev/ihub/ready/IA003B/IA003B_Deal_Header_yyyymmdd_hhmmss.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k9cheung
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy Content of a file to another file on a specific column

Hi i have a file (file1)with this content: 1.2.3.10.in-addr.arpa and a second file (file2) with a content wich have 8 Columns if a do a awk '{print $8}' file2 i become this output: ,'10.3.2.1.', So i want to replace only the 10.3.2.1. in file2 (column 8) with the information... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuxus
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract specific content from a file

My input file: >sequence_1 ASSSSSSSSSSSDDDDDDDDDDDCCCCCCC ASDSFDFFDFDFFWERERERERFSDFESFSFD >sequence_2 ASDFDFDFFDDFFDFDSFDSFDFSDFSDFDSFASDSADSADASD ASDFFDFDFASFASFASFAFSFFSDASFASFASFAFS >sequence_3 VEDFGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG dDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDFSDF SDGFDGSFDGSGSDGSDGSDGSDGSDG My... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
22 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit file content at the specific line.

How to edit file content at the specific line? For example at below The things to edit --> This is line 2. And it is below line 1. This is line 1. This is line 2. # i want to append some words at this row line. How? This is line 3. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alvin0618
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting content from a file in specific format

Hi All, I have the file in this format **** Results Data **** Time or Step 1 2 20 0.000000000e+00 0s 0s 0s 1.024000000e+00 Us 0s 0s 1.100000000e+00 1s 0s 0s 1.100000001e+00 1s 0s 1s 2.024000000e+00 Us Us 1s 2.024000001e+00 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diehard
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Content merging at a specific location in a file

Hi, This is a bit lengthy problem, i will try to keep explaining it simple. I have got a file say file1 that contains the following in it, ------------------------------------------------------------------------ r201463 | ngupta@gmail.com | 2012-06-19 22:02:20 +0530 (Tue, 19 Jun 2012) |... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kashyap
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check specific content from log file

Hi all, i have a logfile which is continuously being updated. I have built a script to check for a specific content and if it is found, it sends a string into a file. Here's the current script: #!/bin/bash logfile=/opt/jboss-eap-6.3/standalone/log/server.log tail -fn0 $logfile | \... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Insert content from file 1 to file 2 in specific criteria meet

Hi , I'm looking for some code that can copy and paste form file1 to file2 with 2 criterial meet. file1: test "sp-j1" test "sp-j2" test "sp-j3" test "sp-j4" file2: sub Pre_Shorts1 (Status_Code, Message$) global Status !if Message$ <> "" then print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kttan
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending content of a file to another file before a specific character

Hi there, i've got a file with this content $ cat file1 Matt Mar The other file has the same number of lines with this content: $ cat file2 20404=767294 23450=32427 is there a way with either using sed, awk or paste to insert the content of file1 before the "=" character? So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
3 Replies
LIBNETCFG(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      LIBNETCFG(1)

NAME
libnetcfg - configure libnet DESCRIPTION
The libnetcfg utility can be used to configure the libnet. Starting from perl 5.8 libnet is part of the standard Perl distribution, but the libnetcfg can be used for any libnet installation. USAGE
Without arguments libnetcfg displays the current configuration. $ libnetcfg # old config ./libnet.cfg daytime_hosts ntp1.none.such ftp_int_passive 0 ftp_testhost ftp.funet.fi inet_domain none.such nntp_hosts nntp.none.such ph_hosts pop3_hosts pop.none.such smtp_hosts smtp.none.such snpp_hosts test_exist 1 test_hosts 1 time_hosts ntp.none.such # libnetcfg -h for help $ It tells where the old configuration file was found (if found). The "-h" option will show a usage message. To change the configuration you will need to use either the "-c" or the "-d" options. The default name of the old configuration file is by default "libnet.cfg", unless otherwise specified using the -i option, "-i oldfile", and it is searched first from the current directory, and then from your module path. The default name of the new configuration file is "libnet.cfg", and by default it is written to the current directory, unless otherwise specified using the -o option, "-o newfile". SEE ALSO
Net::Config, libnetFAQ AUTHORS
Graham Barr, the original Configure script of libnet. Jarkko Hietaniemi, conversion into libnetcfg for inclusion into Perl 5.8. perl v5.18.2 2018-08-17 LIBNETCFG(1)