Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to use function fork() in Windows NT Post 8647 by andrewl68 on Monday 15th of October 2001 09:41:21 PM
Old 10-15-2001
Sounds like you want to use P Threads... P thread is not supported in the NT Environment. You need to find the pthread libraries for WIN32. Web site is http://sources.redhat.com/pthreads-win32
There is a bunch of sample programs with it to help you out!!!

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Endless loop - Fork function failed?

I need a quick script that will serve as a sort of "real time monitor" for watching some log files. I am using Bourne shell in HP-UX 10.20. I have basically created a script that never ends, unless of course I manually terminate it. Here's the script (it's called qhistory): clear echo "REAL... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdunavent
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fork function

hi everyone, have this little piece of code in order to help you understand my question #include<stdio.h> #include<unistd.h> int main() { int i, pid; pid = fork(); if(pid<0) { fprintf(stderr, "fork failed\n"); _exit(1); } if(pid==0) { printf("in Child\n");... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: a25khan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing global variable to a function which is called by another function

Hi , I have three funcions f1, f2 and f3 . f1 calls f2 and f2 calls f3 . I have a global variable "period" which i want to pass to f3 . Can i pass the variable directly in the definition of f3 ? Pls help . sars (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sars
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with fork() on windows

Here is my sample perl program. my $pid = fork(); if(! $pid ) { exec("perl sleep.pl 600"); } else { print "PID ==== \n"; sleep 30; print "killing the PID in 20 seconds\n"; sleep 20; kill 9, $pid; print "Done ....\n"; } The PID returns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hansini
1 Replies

5. AIX

Fork Function Failed on 4GB ?

Hello, I am running Oracle Database and after a while I keep getting this message whenever I execute any command. I cannot execute any command even shutdown, whenever I execute any command , I get this message /usr/bin/ksh: 0403-031 The fork function failed. There is not enough memory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
7 Replies
TTYSRV(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 TTYSRV(8)

NAME
ttysrv - connect to a serial port and log output SYNOPSIS
ttysrv [-o option] [-s sock] [-l log] -t tty [-b baud] [-p parity] [-w wordsize] [-i pidfile] DESCRIPTION
ttysrv is the backend for rconsole. It connects to the serial port, handles the log file and waits for connections from rconsole to view what's happening on the serial console. OPTIONS
-t tty Specify which device to connect to. -s sock The name of the socket to listen for connections from rconsole on. -o option Specify any ttyios options to open the port with. Currently only nolocal is supported. -l log The logfile to write to. If not set then no log is kept. -b baud Set the baud rate to talk to the port at. Defaults to 9600. -p parity Set the parity for the serial port. Defaults to none. -w wordsize Set the word size for the serial port. Defaults to 8 bits. -i pidfile The file to write the pid of ttysrv to. If not specified no such file is written. SEE ALSO
rconsole(1), remote-tty(1). AUTHOR
rtty was written by Paul Vixie <vixie@isc.org>. This manual page was written by Jonathan McDowell <noodles@earth.li> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). May 23, 2006 TTYSRV(8)