Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX User unable to create a file over 2 GB's in size Post 86048 by ravager on Monday 10th of October 2005 11:50:36 AM
Old 10-10-2005
vi /etc/security/limits
this will change on reboot and become prmanent but to change it on the fly
with out rebooting use the following

chuser rss=<value> <username>
chuser fsize=<value> <username>
chuser data=<value> <username>

After reboot this will revert back to what is in /etc/security/limits

+===========================================
Other problems with file system and sizes may be that you have to create an enhanced o ( or big file enabled filesystem ) but you will have to look at what you have set in fs

http://publibn.boulder.ibm.com/doc_l...D6CE066274MEKI

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Other than root user .Normal user is unable to create files

Hi all, I am using Sun Solaris 9 .In this system normal users unable to create files from the command line.I added these users in bin,adm and even root group i found them unable to create a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

to create a file of specified size

hi guys, Is there any way to create a file of specified size ..ie...during creation itself u should be able to specify the size of it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep
12 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need to create a file of specified size

Hi, I need to create a file using touch command . I want the size to be of 300 MB . Is it possible with touch or any other command. Thanx for your help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply2soumya
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to create folder as a user

Hi All, I am trying to create a folder in /export/home/user1 directory as a user1 but I am getting the error message as -bash-3.00$ mkdir abc mkdir: Failed to make directory "abc"; Permission denied Also I tried creating the folder but it fails too -bash-3.00$ touch abc touch: cannot... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Unable to create user in linux

Hi $ uname -a Linux xyz 2.6.18-128.0.0.0.2.el5 #1 SMP Wed Jan 21 05:17:33 EST 2009 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am unable to add a new user getting following # id uid=0(root) gid=0(root)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankurk
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

unable to open / create any file in vi

Hi, I am unable to create/open any file in vi editor for normal user, though using root I am able to create/open any file, using redhat 5.5, example vi test it showing nothing after entering command (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies

7. Solaris

Unable to create or delete a directory in /usr with root user

Hi All, I am trying to uninstall jdk 1.5 from my Solaris 10 64 bit but some how was not successful.so tried to delete the folder of jdk from /usr but its throughing error as: Unable to remove directory jdk: Read-only file system Even I tried to create a dir in /usr but its not allowing me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pshah
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to change/create home dir for particular user

Hi all I wanted to change the home dir for a user, but when using smh : SMH->Accounts for Users and Groups->Local Users->Modify User ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- * Required... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Unable to create a ftp user only

Hi all I am facing difficulties when using the useraddcommand. when running useradd -u 60006 -g 100 -d /opt/xxx/yyy/z -m -s /bin/false ftpuser It does create the user, but with a wrong home directory. It creates its home directory at /home/ftpuser Please can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Unable to create new user without lower character

Hi friends, I want to create new user BG0001 in SunOS and getting below errorbash-3.2# useradd -d /home/BG0001 -m -s /bin/sh BG0001 UX: useradd: BG0001 name should have at least one lower case character. bash-3.2# bash-3.2# OS version is as belowbash-3.2# cat /etc/release ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepkmehra
7 Replies
asadmin-create-connector-security-map(1AS)			   User Commands			asadmin-create-connector-security-map(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-create-connector-security-map, create-connector-security-map - creates a security map for the named connector connection pool SYNOPSIS
create-connector-security-map --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] --poolname connector_connection_pool_name --principals principal-name[, prin- cipal-name]*|--usergroups user-group[, user-group]* --mappedusername user_name [--mappedpassword password] mapname Creates a security map for the named connector connection pool. If the security map is not present, one is created. You must have first created a connector connection pool using the create-connector-connection-pool command. The enterprise information system is any system which holds the information. It can be a mainframe, a messaging system, a database system, or even an application. The --principals option and --usergroups option are mutually exclusive; only one should be used. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. --poolname connector connection pool name. --principals a comma separated list of J2EE principals. --usergroups a comma separated list of J2EE usergroups. --mappedusername the enterprise information system username. --mappedpassword the enterprise information system password. OPERANDS
mapname name of the security map to be created. Example 1: Using create-connector-security-map It is assumed that the connector pool has already been created using the create-connector-pool command. asadmin> create-connector-security-map --user admin --password adminadmin poolname connector-pool1 --principals principal1,principal2 --usergroups usergroup1,usergroup2 --mappedusername backend-username --mappedpassword backend-password securityMap1 Command create-connector-security-map executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-delete-connector-security-map(1AS), asadmin-list-connector-security-maps(1), asadmin-update-connector-security-map(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-create-connector-security-map(1AS)