Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding a certain string on each line in a file Post 85808 by vino on Friday 7th of October 2005 05:48:55 AM
Old 10-07-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by vino
Code:
awk -F";" '{ if ( NF < 17 ) print $0 }' input.file

Redirect it to another file

Code:
awk -F";" '{ if ( NF < 17 ) print $0 }' input.file > output.file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

finding a string in a file

hi all.. I dont know how to search for a string in a file.. I have tried doing.. I did google but didnt get effective answers..my code is as follows: int search(char* filename,const char* username,const char* passwd) { int flag=0; unsigned long fsize=0; unsigned long current=0;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ume1986
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with finding unique string in log file

Shell script help Here is 3 sample lines from a log file <date> INFO <java.com.blah> abcd:ID= user login <date> DEBUG <java.com.blah> <nlah bla> abcd:ID=123 user login <date> INFO <java.com.blah> abcd:ID=3243 user login I want to find unique "ID" from this log... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gubbu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a text file and posting part of the line

What would be the most succinct way of doing this (preferably in 1 line, maybe 2): searching the first 10 characters of every line in a text file for a specific string, and if it was found, print out characters 11-20 of the line on which the string was found. In this case, it's known that there... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: busdude
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the Last String in a Line

Hi, i am looking for a command that can help me find the last Sting in a Line ex.. yyeyrtehhehrerry: change this from to here i want to extract END. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit1234
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding the line number of a particular line in a file

Hi Frnds, I need to find the line number of a particular line in a file and store that line number to a variable. if a file named myfile contains following look at the sun look at the moon look at the star look at the ocean i need to get the line number of the line 'look at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mvignesh
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reformatting single column text file starting new line when finding particular string

Hi, I have a single colum file and I need to reformat the file so that it creates a new line every time it come to an IP address and the following lines are corresponding rows until it comes to the next IP address. I want to turn this 172.xx.xx.xx gwpusprdrp02_pv seinwnprd03... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kieranfoley
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding files with a certain name string inside of another file.

Hi, I have a very large file that contains a listing of all files on the system. I need to create a listing from that file of all files that start with the following format: s???_*, whereas the '?' represents characters, so the file name begins with an 's' followed by three other characters and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tes218
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with finding last line of file: if statement depending on that line.

Good morning, My first time actually posting in this forum, though I have used this forum to help with numerous projects. I am trying to figure out why my if statement does not work. I have a file where a line is inputted every 15 seconds. I want this if statement to check what the last line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shanrunt
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a string in a file

Hello All, I have a text file, i want to search for a string in it and the string is repeated multiple times in a file i want to get the first occurence of the string in a variable. the content of file is like: I want to grepthe first occurance of "Configuration flow done" and store the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand2308
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)