Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Turn off Screen Output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Turn off Screen Output Post 85708 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 6th of October 2005 04:49:25 PM
Old 10-06-2005
Why would a profile create screen output if you are cacthing both stderr and stdout?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need to hide output to screen

I have a script that askes users to enter in an oracle account and password, The information is displayed on the screen as they type it. Does anyone know how I can hide this output? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: boat73
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Supress screen output...

I need to suppress the output to the screen. I am appending to a file so do not need the output on the screen in the CLI environment. eg. cat $HOME/somefile >> $HOME/anotherfile I am doing this a number of times with SQL output files so I can look at the finished file not on the screen in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagannatha
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

screen output

I need to put the following in a script: echo $CCPDB will give me the db name on the screen. I need to use this name to tar cvfEh <newtarname> <dbname.exp>. I am not sure how to use the output that display on the screen in a script. I tried this echo $CCPDB > file didn't work Gundu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gundu
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

no screen output

I'm a newbie. I'm having a problem at work with a script. What i'm trying to do is connect to a cisco switch from a sun station. After i run the script and telnet into the switch i don't get any output on the "xterm window" and all my commands from the script don't show up on the screen or on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to force output to screen??

hi, is there anyway i can force a output of a command to the monitor. for example banner hello > /dev/console it will show a hello in the console, so how do i make it to appear on the monitor screen when the console is been minmize. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckng
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Suppressing output to the screen

I want to check whether the variable read from the console is number or character , so i used echo $option|grep and checked the reuslt returned by grep cmd using $? But since I use echo the value is getting printed in the screen , I want to supress the o/p. Can anyone suggest how this can be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rolex.mp
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Screen output

Is it possible to split the screen and show, lets say a local directory listing on the left and a remote directory listing on the right with shell scripting? I know it's usually done with curses/ncurses, but I'd really like to keep it simple as possible. I guess 'dialog' command could do it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lochraven
1 Replies

8. Linux

Cannot boot as usuall , turn to black screen & ask for loging in ???? Help me????

Hey guys..... Im new user for linux fedora 20.... i really need help ....... i have no idea why suddently when i turn on my laptop fedora turn to be black screen and ask me loging in , when i loging then nothing happen , it stay at the same screen... then i try to go to "with linux secure...,"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: asianfootball
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use awk to turn character to newline then scan output

i have a datafile (data.txt) that has the following data: #Beginner`echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Screen output to a file

Hi All, I am trying to out of shell script when i run it like sh /mypath/abc.sh ....a screen log should be generated whenever i input the values, when above the script prompt for values Regards Amarendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amar1208
3 Replies
EXCHANGE2ICAL(1)					     OpenChange Users' Manual						  EXCHANGE2ICAL(1)

NAME
exchange2ical - Convert Exchange calendar to ical file SYNOPSIS
exchange2ical [-?V] [-?|--help] [--usage] [-f|--database=STRING] [-p|--profile=STRING] [-P|--password=STRING] [-i|--icalsync=STRING] [-o|--filename=STRING] [-R|--range=STRING] [-d|--debuglevel=STRING] [--dump-data] [-V|--version] DESCRIPTION
exchange2ical provides a way to extract appointments from an Exchange calendar into the ical format. The ical is provided on stdout by default if the filename is not specified. OPTIONS
--database -f Set the path to the profile database to use --profile -p Set the profile to use. If no profile is specified, exchange2ical tries to retrieve the default profile in the database. If no default profile has been set, exchange2ical returns MAPI_E_NOT_FOUND . --password -P Specify the password for the profile to use. This can be omitted if the password is stored in the profile. --icalsync -i Specify an icalendar file to be used to sync back to exchange. --filename -o Specify the filename for the icalendar output. The specified file will be overwritten with the new icalendar. If this is omitted, stdout will be used by default. --range -r Specify the range of exchange appointments to be converted into an icalendar. If there are no events, whos start date is within the specified range, an icalendar with no vevents will be returned. Format: MM/DD/YYYY-MM/DD/YYYY --dump-data Dump the hex data. This is only required for debugging or educational purposes. --debuglevel -d Set the debug level. EXAMPLES
Extract appointments from the Exchange calendar: exchange2ical > appointments.ical Extract appointments from the Exchange calendar to a specified path exchange2ical --filename=/path/to/file.ics Extract only appointments which begin from June 25 2008 to July 26 2009 exchange2ical --range=06/25/2008-07/26/2009 REMARKS
If you are using the default profile database path and have set a default profile (using mapiprofile --profile=profile_name -S ) you do not need to specify these parameters on the command line. AUTHOR
exchange2ical was written by Julien Kerihuel <j.kerihuel at openchange dot org> This man page was written by Brad Hards <bradh at openchange dot org> OpenChange 2.0 QUADRANT 2013-01-24 EXCHANGE2ICAL(1)