Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Where to get X window Libraries? Post 85136 by eugrus on Sunday 2nd of October 2005 11:06:50 AM
Old 10-02-2005
install xorg-x11-devel package

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

3. Programming

libraries missing in C

some libraries are missing like conio.h and syslib.h how can i have them installed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
WMANAGER-LOOP(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  WMANAGER-LOOP(1)

NAME
wmanager-loop -- loop running window managers chosen with wmanager SYNOPSIS
wmanager-loop [OPTIONS ...] DESCRIPTION
The wmanager-loop program starts either the window manager specified by the WM variable or the first window manager listed in ~/.wmanagerrc (or an X terminal emulator if none), and when it exits, runs wmanager(1) to prompt the user for the next window manager. It loops doing this until the user chooses ``Exit this session'' in wmanager(1). Any options given to wmanager-loop will be passed on to wmanager(1). If the WM environment variable is set, the wmanager-loop program tries to interpret it as a window manager specification in the following ways in the specified order: o a full path to an executable file to run as the window manager; o the name of a window manager listed in the /.wmanagerrc file; e.g. ``fluxbox'' would match the following line: fluxbox=/usr/bin/startfluxbox o the program name of a window manager listed in the /.wmanagerrc file; e.g. ``startfluxbox'' would match the above example. o the start of such a program name; e.g. ``start'' would match the above example. o the end of such a program name; e.g. ``box'' would match the above example. If the WM variable is set and there is more than one line in ~/.wmanagerrc that matches the specification, wmanager-loop will exit with an error message. As mentioned above, if no window manager is specified in the WM environment variable or found in the ~/.wmanagerrc file, the wmanager-loop program attempts to start an X terminal emulator. If the WMTERM environment variable is set, the wmanager-loop program uses it as the path to the emulator. Otherwise it searches the user's path for a program named ``x-terminal-emulator'', ``urxvt'', ``rxvt'', or ``xterm'' in this order, and starts the first one found using its full path. If none of the common terminal emulators on the above list is found, the wmanager-loop program just runs ``xterm'' in the hope that something will come up on the user's display. ENVIRONMENT
The wmanager-loop program uses the following environment variables: WM The name, path, or partial path to the first window manager to execute. WMTERM The name of the X terminal emulator to execute if no window manager could be found in the ~/.wmanagerrc file. If not specified, the wmanager-loop program searches the user's path as described above. EXAMPLE
To start using wmanager-loop, create a ~/.wmanagerrc file - generally with wmanagerrc-update(1) - and add something like the following at the end of your ~/.xsession file: exec wmanager-loop -geometry +570+585 SEE ALSO
wmanager(1), wmanagerrc-update(1) HISTORY
The wmanager-loop program was written by Tommi Virtanen in 2000 and later modified by Peter Pentchev. This manual page was originally writ- ten in perldoc format by Tommi Virtanen in 2000, and converted to mdoc format and updated by Peter Pentchev in 2008. AUTHORS
Tommi Virtanen <tv@debian.org> Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net> BSD
September 8, 2009 BSD