Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: .txt and more than 100
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting .txt and more than 100 Post 85116 by test on Sunday 2nd of October 2005 01:41:00 AM
Old 10-02-2005
.txt and more than 100

hi i want to reach .txt file and their sizes are more than 100

foreach file ( `ls -l *.txt | awk '{print $5 }'` )
if ( $file > 100 ) then
echo $file
endif
end

this script gives numerical value of file sizes like
568 etc.

but i only want file name like

csa.txt
ggg.txt
sad.txt

thanks for help
best regards..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt

Hi Guru's, I need to create 3 files with the contents "ABC" using single command. Iam using: echo "ABC" > file1.txt file2.txt file3.txt the above command is not working. pls help me... With Regards / Ganapati (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganapati
4 Replies

2. Solaris

list files .txt and .TXT in one command

Dear experts, In a directory i have both *.TXT and *.txt files. I have a script- for file in `ls *.txt`; do mv $file /tmp/$file How to list both *.txt and*.TXT file in one command so that script will move both .txt or .TXT whatever it find. br//purple (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to read x.txt and grep from y.txt

How would I write a command(s) to read from a file (list) that looks like this: 29847374384 and grep from a second file (list) that looks like this: 29847374384, jkdfkjdf,3833,ddd:confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smellylizzard
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find lines in file1.txt not found in file2.txt memory problem

I have a diff command that does what I want but when comparing large text/log files, it uses up all the memory I have (sometimes over 8gig of memory) diff file1.txt file2.txt | grep '^<'| awk '{$1="";print $0}' | sed 's/^ *//' Is there a better more efficient way to find the lines in one file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raptor25
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk append fileA.txt to growing file B.txt

This is appending a column. My question is fairly simple. I have a program generating data in a form like so: 1 20 2 22 3 23 4 12 5 43 For ever iteration I'm generating this data. I have the basic idea with cut -f 2 fileA.txt | paste -d >> FileB.txt ???? I want FileB.txt to grow, and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: theawknewbie
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete file2.txt from file1.txt using scripting

Hi, I`m a total newbie, well my requirement is that i have 2 files I want to identify which countries i do not currently have in db.. how can i use the grep or another command to find this file .. i want to match all-countries.txt with countries-in-db.txt so the output is equal to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: beanbaby
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to append the date | abcddate.txt to the first line of my txt file

I want to add/append the info in the following format to my.txt file. 20130702|abcd20130702.txt FN|SN|DOB I tried the below script but it throws me some exceptions. <#!/bin/sh dt = date '+%y%m%d'members; echo $dt+|+members+$dt; /usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS="|"; OFS="|"; } { print... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: harik1982
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Desired output.txt for reading txt file using awk?

Dear all, I have a huge txt file (DATA.txt) with the following content . From this txt file, I want the following output using some shell script. Any help is greatly appreciated. Greetings, emily DATA.txt (snippet of the huge text file) 407202849... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash incert line from 1.txt to 2.txt

i would like to insert a line from 2.txt into 1.txt between " and " or a way of adding to the end of each line " _01_ and have the numbers correspond to the line # 1.txt= foofoo "" _01_ foofoo "" _02_ foofoo "" _03_ foofoo "" _04_ 2.txt= ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: klein
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk, sed, shell all words in INPUT.txt find in column1 of TABLE.txt and replce with column2 in

Hi dears i have text file like this: INPUT.txt 001_1_173 j nuh ]az 001_1_174 j ]esma. nuh ]/.xori . . . and have another text like this TABLE.txt j j nuh word1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
6 Replies
DBAR(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   DBAR(1)

NAME
dzen2-dbar - simple gadget that you can use in combination with dzen to display a progressbar. SYNOPSIS
dzen2-dbar [-w characters] [-s symbol] [-min minvalue] [-max maxvalue] [-l string] [-nonl] DESCRIPTION
dbar is an application that generates semi graphical progress meters, from some values you supply to it. See the usage examples for a description of the expected input format. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -max Value to be considered 100% (default: 100) -min Value to be considered 0% (default: 0) -w Number of charcaters to be considered 100% in the bar (default: 25 ) -s Symbol represeting the percentage value in the bar (default: = ) -l label to be prepended to the bar (default: '' ) -nonl no new line, don't put '0 at the end of the bar (default: do print '0) USAGE EXAMPLES
Static 0% and 100% mark or single value input: Command: echo 25 | dbar -m 100 -l Sometext Output: Sometext 25% [====== ] If your 100% mark changes dynamically or 2-values input: Command: echo "50 150" | dbar Output: 33% [======== ] If your value range is not between [0, maxval] or 3-values input: Command: echo "50 -25 150" | dbar Output: 43% [=========== ] Dbar was written by Robert Manea. This manual page was written by bertagaz <bertagaz@ptitcanardnoir.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Jan 01 2008 DBAR(1)