Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Where to get X window Libraries? Post 85106 by byblyk on Saturday 1st of October 2005 04:43:27 PM
Old 10-01-2005
Where to get X window Libraries?

Hey,

I'm trying to install fluxbox. Currently i'm running Mandrake 10.1 with KDE. When i ./configure fluxbox it returns an error saying

configure: error: Fluxbox requires the X Window System libraries and headers.

Where do i download the X window System libraries and headers from? I have looked but i'm not to sure if i've got the right files downloaded. And if i am using another window manager can i switch between fluxbox and KDE if i have to?

Thanks
Byblyk

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies

2. Programming

C Libraries??

I can not locate package sys/mkdev.h on HP-UX or Linux. Is it a special package or something? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: laila63
9 Replies

3. Programming

libraries missing in C

some libraries are missing like conio.h and syslib.h how can i have them installed ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: C|[anti-trust]
4 Replies

4. IP Networking

Libraries

How is Libnet and libpcap are useful in sending a packet through DLL layer and sniff network layer? and how sinffers are used to track ip adresses provided Mac adresses? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netsavy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

libraries

I am slowly ploughing my way through the list of links to on-line tutorials you provided to newbies. I for one am grateful for such a comprehensive list, so first of all thank you for that. What i cannot seem to find, is information on C++ libraries: The two links on libraries in your list... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pil888
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use two different libraries?

Hello, I need to use two different libraries like /usr/local/bin/expect and /usr/bin/ksh at the same script. Is it possible? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fozay
4 Replies

7. Programming

I want to know some c libraries

I'm a rookie to C and i'm looking for some libraries to learn,something likes the C++ STL or Boost ,does any1 can tell me some of them?Thanks a lot:) Eric (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Maximizing X window without Window Switcher

Hi everyone! I have a strange situation. I'm running an NX remote Gnome desktop session. On the remote machine, there is a whole load of unsaved data in a window. A problem that I've been having with this NX session is that I can't load Gnome Applets, including the Window Switcher. So.. when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexandicity
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

10. Programming

Configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required

I am trying to compile thunar 1.8.4. It is giving me this error. configure: error: X Window system libraries and header files are required Ubuntu Mate 18.04 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
2 Replies
bbrun(1)							      bbtools								  bbrun(1)

NAME
bbrun - An elegant tool for the Blackbox window manager that runs commands SYNTAX
bbrun [OPTIONS] [-- [-display <display>]]... DESCRIPTION
bbrun is a small but very useful application. It makes it convenient to quickly execute commands from the blackbox or fluxbox window man- agers. bbrun is very similar to KDE's Alt+F2 Run Command dialog box. When launched, it occupies a small portion of the desktop and docks itself to the right side of the screen. The run dialog is opened by clicking on the tiny bbrun window. You don't necessarily need blackbox for this program to work. It looks just as good in fluxbox, but it won't look the same in other window managers. FILES
~/.bbrun_history OPTIONS
-a, --advanced - advanced mode, shows more options than the normal command entry box. The default is for it to be in normal (tradi- tional/simple) mode. -h, --help - this help screen -i, --history-file=<history file> - set the history file to use. (default: ~/.bbrun_history) -v, --version - print the version number -w, --withdraw - withdrawn mode, will go straight to command entry box Options that must occur after '--' if they are used: -display <display> - set the display that the gearbox should show up on GENERAL USAGE INFO
bbrun can be run in normal mode where it creates an icon that sits in the slit. You can then click on the gear icon to make the text entry window popup. You can also run bbrun in withdrawn mode by specifying the -w flag. This is ideal for use with the key shortcut program bbkeys since it will jump straight to the text entry screen. bbrun also supports the 'escape' and 'enter' keys for those of you who like to use the mouse as little as possbile. bbrun keeps a history of your most recent commands. The history list is stored in the '.bbrun_history' file in your home directory. If the file does not exist it is created automatically. Also keep in mind that you need quotes when you specify arguments with spaces in them. eg. mpg123 '/mp3/Creed - Higher.mp3' This file was updated by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> on February 12, 2007. Josh King <;jking@dwave.net> 1.6 bbrun(1)