Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sco unix v/386 boot disk
Operating Systems SCO sco unix v/386 boot disk Post 84986 by format on Thursday 29th of September 2005 09:48:46 PM
Old 09-29-2005
sco unix v/386 boot disk

anyone know where I can download or get a boot disk for sco unix v/386? I have an old PC running sco unix v/386 3.2. I dont have an install or boot disk. I need to reset the root password. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find it anywhere. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

format

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unix V/386 Help

I'm new in this.. I want to install SCO Unix in a Intel 166Mhz with 1GB HDD. I have the fowllowing disks with labels: -1 disk of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system Installation. -2 disks of SCO Unix System v/386 Operation system (extended Utilities) -6 disks of SCO Unix System v/386... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyvaldes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco Unix V/386

where can i get a boot diskette for my old SCO UNIX V/386 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LEO P. CAPARAS
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO UNIX System V/386, Release 3.2

I was just wondering if there is a way to recursive grep for something in this version of UNIX... so that I don't have to do it a directory at a time? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PBNOSGT
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error during Sco Unix boot

Hi friends, i am getting the following error while booting my system which has SCo UNIX . ========================= H iinit PANIC: srmountfun-Error 22 mounting of rootdev hd(1/42) cannot dump 40863 pages to dempdev hd(1/41) : Space for only 0 pages. Dump not completed. safe to power off... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sveera
3 Replies

5. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

6. SCO

Sco unix v/386 3.2 problem boot and install

Hi i have a problem after boot with N1 disk and putting N2 disk and pressing the enter in this message:Insert N2(filesystem) floppy and press after by this(pressing enter) the system is reboot!! why??? :confused: my old pc is a Pentium II 333mhz 3gb hd 64mb ram please help!! :( (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: panos_pit
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO UNIX Won't Boot

Our system is not booting up properly. It keeps going to this screen: Enter Run Level (0-6, s or S): I tried to hit all nos# 0-6 is just goes to hung state. Tried s or S & it brings me to single user mode. I've checked the file systems & found out that all three had 98%. I tried to... (86 Replies)
Discussion started by: jedimaster
86 Replies

8. SCO

SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 disk B2 needed

Hi to all! I'm new here. Recently I bought an Olivetti M400/10 with SCO System V/386 R3.2 V4.0 installed, complete with all disks and manuals. Checking the distribution disks however I found that disk labeled B2 was unreadable. Does anyone have an image of this disk? I wish to do a clean... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error UNIX: UNIX SCO release 5.05 system does not boot

UNIX sco release 5.05 system does not boot:cannot open device hd(40)/boot stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd(40)/bootWhat to do? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joaoalpande
2 Replies

10. SCO

Sco UNIX 5.0.6 not boot

hi i have image SCo Unix 5.0.6 and I want transfer on my HP ML350 G5 after Transfer show this message : boot not found cannot open stage 1 boot failure: error loading hd (40)/boot this hp server used smart array E200i and P400 and sco not recognized HDD tanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
7 Replies
PREP(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PREP(8)

NAME
prep, format - prepare hard and floppy diskettes SYNOPSIS
disk/prep [ -ra ] special [ type ] disk/format [ -t type ] [ -f ] [ -d ] [ -b bfile ] [ -c csize ] [ -l label ] drive [ files ... ] DESCRIPTION
A partition table is stored on a hard disk to specify the division of the physical disk into a set of logical units. On Plan 9 the parti- tion table is a list of triples: name, starting sector, and ending sector. The kernel fabricates the first two partitions, disk and parti- tion; the disk partition records the starting and ending sectors for the whole disk, and the partition partition, typically the last sector on the disk, holds the partition table itself. Special is the maximal prefix of names of the logical units on the disk, for example #w/hd0. Prep reads and prints the associated parti- tion table and then enters a simple interactive mode to control editing the table. The options are: -r (read only) prohibits writing the table on disk. -a automatically create default partitions if no partition table already exists. These include partitions for DOS, a boot kernel, an NVRAM substitute, a kfs(4) file system, and, if room remains, a swap partition. Format prepares for use the floppy diskette in the disk file named drive, for example /dev/fd0disk. The options are: -f Do not physically format the disc. Used to install an MS-DOS filesystem on a previously formatted disc. With this option, drive can be a plain file. -t specify a density and type of disk to be prepared. The possible types are: 31/2DD 31/2" double density, 737280 bytes 31/2HD 31/2" high density, 1474560 bytes 51/4DD 51/4" double density, 368640 bytes 51/4HD 51/4" high density, 1146880 bytes The default is the highest possible on the device, unless -f is used, in which case the default is 31/2HD. -d add MS-DOS parameter block, file access table (FAT), and root directory to the start of the floppy. The remaining options have effect only when -d is specified: -b use the contents of bfile as the bootstrap block installed in sector 0. -c use a DOS cluster size of csize sectors when creating the DOS FAT. -l add a label when creating the DOS parameter block. Again under -d, any files listed are added, in order, to the root directory of the MS-DOS filesytem. The files are contiguously allocated and created with the READONLY attribute set. The file /sys/src/boot/pc/bb is an example of a suitable bfile to make the disk a boot disk. It gets loaded by the BIOS at 0x7C00, reads the root directory into address 0x7E00, and looks at the first root directory entry. If that file is called B.COM, it uses single sector reads to load the file into address 0x10000 and then jumps to the loaded file image. EXAMPLE
Create a Plan 9 boot floppy on a previously formatted diskette: disk/format -f -b bb -d /dev/fd0disk /386/b.com SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/disk/prep.c /sys/src/cmd/disk/format.c /sys/src/boot/pc/bb.s SEE ALSO
floppy(3), wren(3), b.com(8) PREP(8)