Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Another hard one, how can I look at a blank directory? Post 84970 by nj78 on Thursday 29th of September 2005 07:19:21 PM
Old 09-29-2005
Thanks, here you go:

./save$
./save
./hold$
./hold
./failed$
./failed
./config$
./config
./ $
./

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Ignoring symbolic/hard links while scanning through a directory

Hi, I am writing a unix system utility that is supposed to scan through a directory, collecting information about the files and subdirectories. That part is going well. The tricky part is that some files in the directory are hard links or symbolic links. I am supposed to IGNORE these links.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yifan_Guo
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

The best partitioning schem for a 250GB Sata hard drive & a 75GB SCSI hard drive

Hi I have 2 75GB SCSI hard drives and 2 250GB SATA hard drives which are using RAID Level 1 respectively. I wana have both FTP and Apache installed on them as services. I'm wondering what's the best partitioning schem? I wana use FC3 as my OS, so, I thought I can use the 75GB hard drive as the /... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sirbijan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

initializing a blank hard disk

I have a blank hard disk - no partitions, no file system, no label, no nothing - that I need to reuse. In a shell script, how do I get it to where I can write data to it again? I've looked at the man parted page, but I can't tell which command to run, or which sequence of commands. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daflore
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard link a directory

Is it possible to Hard link a directory? Some people on google say it is possible and some say it is not possible. I haven't seen a working solution though. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
3 Replies

5. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rename all file with blank in directory from home root , please help me

hi , :wall: I've in directory home user 3 file with blank space in name file, I would like erase the all character that no have alphanum more dot in namefile from home root , below the script. If I execute the shell script from directory where stay it's execute well done.But I would like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giankan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file

Hi Gurus, Somebody can say me how to delete blank spaces and blank lines in a file unix, please. Thank you for advanced. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
10 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To check Blank Lines, Blank Records and Junk Characters in a File

Hi All Need Help I have a file with the below format (ABC.TXT) : ®¿¿ABCDHEJJSJJ|XCBJSKK01|M|7348974982790 HDFLJDKJSKJ|KJALKSD02|M|7378439274898 KJHSAJKHHJJ|LJDSAJKK03|F|9898982039999 (cont......) I need to write a script where it will check for : blank lines (between rows,before... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatwithsaurav
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Split multiple blank, even if it's blank

Hello, I am trying to split : qvipari1 opcmsga OVO Message Agent AGENT,EA Aborted qvipbcarls02 opcmsga OVO Message Agent AGENT,EA Aborted qvipcac3 perfalarm Alarm generator ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cterra
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In a file, replace blank line by the last line not blank above

Dear All, In a CSV file, say that a given column has been extracted. In that column, information is missing (i.e. blank lines appear). I would like to replace the blank lines by the last valid line (not blank) previously read. For example, consider the extract below: 123 234 543 111... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bagvian
7 Replies
NWDIR(1)							       nwdir								  NWDIR(1)

NAME
nwdir - Lists files in directory SYNOPSIS
nwdir [-h] [-v] [-l] [-t] [-d] [-e] [-f] [directory] DESCRIPTION
nwdir lists files, directories and their attributes from the specified NetWare directory. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -d List directories like other files, rather than listing their contents. -l Show filename in all available namespaces. -v Verbose listing, display everything possible. -e Display OS/2 Extended Attributes. -f List connections using each file. -t Show all informations (rights, attributes, file inodes) also as hexadecimal numbers. directory You can specify the directory to list. Current working directory is used by default. You have to specify path in Linux format, not in NetWare format. EXAMPLES
nwdir -t -v /NetWare/server/sys With this example, all files from directory /NetWare/server/sys are displayed. AUTHORS
nwdir was written by Milan Vandrovec. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. BUGS
Directory quotas are not displayed. User names are not taken from NDS, but only from bindery. nwdir 4/2/1998 NWDIR(1)