Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Can some review my code would be appreicated? Post 84947 by sibghat on Thursday 29th of September 2005 02:54:43 PM
Old 09-29-2005
Can some review my code would be appreicated?

I am getting an error "ftpNotes.sh[11]: syntax error at line 8 : `<<' unmatched"

Code:
#!/bin/ksh
PATH=/usr/sbin/:/usr/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:/usr/local/bin:.
cd $HOME
if [ -e CRM_DSC_XML ];then 
		    if [ -e ftpDSC$DATE.flg ]; then 
					     echo 'DSC file already ftp to epm server'
		    else
		            ftp -n epmdev00 <<SCRIPT
			user $USER $PASSWD
			binary
			prompt off
		          cd /export/home/dsadm/EPM_INTERFACE/TAS/RCDD
			put CRM_DSC.XML 
			quit
			SCRIPT
			(
    			sleep 3
    			print $USER
    			sleep 1
    			print $PASSWD
    			sleep 2
    			print "cd $ HOME"
    			print "ls -la CRM_DSC.XML >$CHECK" 	
    			sleep  10
    			print "exit"
    			sleep 3
    			) | telnet epmdev00
		ERROR=`grep -i -c 'No such file or directory' $CHECK`

if [ $ERROR = 1 ]; then 
		echo " FTP for DSC file! Failed -- `date +%H:%M`"

else
			echo 'DSC file has been ftp to epm server'
			touch ftpDSC$DATE.flg
			rm -f CRM_DSC.XML
			fi
		    fi	
else
echo 'didn't get the DSC file this week or already ftp to epm server' 
fi
exit

if i am doing something worng can someone help me please.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by Perderabo; 09-29-2005 at 04:36 PM.. Reason: Add code tags for readability

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a piece of code, plz help to review

use "getopts" to get params from command. Need replace black with a specified string like "%20 DEFAULT_DELIM=%20 ... while getopts dek:f:t:vh OPTION do case $OPTION in t) DELIM=`tvar=/'"$OPTARG"'/ svar="$DEFAULT_DELIM" awk 'BEGIN{T=ENVIRON;S=ENVIRON; while(index(T,S)!=0){S=S"0"};print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anypager
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone review my code tell me where I am going wrong?

Started writing my code. my read input is not even asking nor working? And I get a EOF script error. echo "1) aragorn.domain.net" echo "2) marvel.domain.net" echo "3) athena.domain.net" echo "4) gandalf.domain.net" echo "5) griffin.domain.net" echo "What server would you like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrchcol
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I review the source code?

A very n00b question: After compiling and installing software, where does the original source code reside? I'd like to study the source code of some of the ports I've installed. Thanks! :D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Pls review this code and suggest if it can be written in a better way

Pls review this code and provide your feedbacks to make it more efficient.I have tried to add to each section. Code ############################################################### #!/bin/ksh RRSRC=/test RREP=/test #Directories test_dir=/test #Imp Files FILENAME=/test/files.txt #... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Request to code review Suggestions Plz

Hello All, I have 2 questions, 1) I am on Unix Sun Solaris korn shell, in my shell scripts i am using #!/bin/sh Instead of #!/bin/ksh, though it is still working is this correct way of doing and also I am saving the shell script file as abc.sh instead of abc.ksh, please let me know the best... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

6. Programming

Code review: recursion in circular array, reduce two functions to one?

Hello, I think there's an easier way to do this but can't seem to recall but given an array of animals and an initial value is a random index in the array, here it's 3. 3,4,5,4,3,2,1,0,1,2,3,4,5,4,3,2,1,0... inifinite repeat a quick brute force solution i came up with was two functions, i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
6 Replies
Tk_GetDash(3)						       Tk Library Procedures						     Tk_GetDash(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetDash - convert from string to valid dash structure. SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetDash(interp, string, dashPtr) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. const char * string (in) Textual value to be converted. Tk_Dash *dashPtr (out) Points to place to store the dash pattern value converted from string. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedure parses the string and fills in the result in the Tk_Dash structure. The string can be a list of integers or a character string containing only ".,-_" or spaces. If all goes well, TCL_OK is returned. If string does not have the proper syntax then TCL_ERROR is returned, an error message is left in the interpreter's result, and nothing is stored at *dashPtr. The first possible syntax is a list of integers. Each element represents the number of pixels of a line segment. Only the odd segments are drawn using the "outline" color. The other segments are drawn transparent. The second possible syntax is a character list containing only 5 possible characters ".,-_ ". The space can be used to enlarge the space between other line elements, and can not occur as the first position in the string. Some examples: -dash . = -dash {2 4} -dash - = -dash {6 4} -dash -. = -dash {6 4 2 4} -dash -.. = -dash {6 4 2 4 2 4} -dash {. } = -dash {2 8} -dash , = -dash {4 4} The main difference of this syntax with the previous is that it is shape-conserving. This means that all values in the dash list will be multiplied by the line width before display. This assures that "." will always be displayed as a dot and "-" always as a dash regardless of the line width. On systems where only a limited set of dash patterns, the dash pattern will be displayed as the most close dash pattern that is available. For example, on Windows only the first 4 of the above examples are available. The last 2 examples will be displayed identically as the first one. KEYWORDS
dash, conversion Tk 8.3 Tk_GetDash(3)