Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: 65 thousand dollar question
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? 65 thousand dollar question Post 84916 by Neo on Thursday 29th of September 2005 11:50:43 AM
Old 09-29-2005
My reply was not so much to emphasize that you can get paid support. My reply pointed out that managers in large corporations and organizations have a "cover your back side" strategy. If something fails, they must be able to point to someone else and say "we hired the best and paid big bucks, it is their responsibility."

I see this all the time, perhaps because I've been in the IT business since 1987, 18 years, and have worked as a risk management consultant for very large organizations and I know how they think. They all think just about the same - self-preservation, "cover your back side".... find someone else to blame.

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing thousand of carriage returns using sed

I need to replace thousands of carriage returns/line breaks in a large xml file and with spaces. I hope to do so with a script, called, for example, "removeCRs." I would invoke this at the command line as ml5003$ sed -f /Users/ml5003/removeCRs oldFile > newFile The script, I presume, would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ml5003
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting thousand of permissions

Hi, I would like to ask if someone could help me to shorten this process. If example i will have a thousand files and i want to get there permisions. pls help. $ sh researcher2.sh rm /home/aris/logs/logna rm a12 for i in `aclget /usr/bin/uname` do grep -e $i ownership | awk '{print $1}'... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
13 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Concatenate several thousand files in unix

Hello, I would like to concatenate several thousand files (~40,000) into 1. I cannot do it with cat *.extension - it gives me an error that there are too many arguments. Any suggestions? Thanks, Gussi (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
6 Replies
MKCOVER(8C)															       MKCOVER(8C)

NAME
mkcover - HylaFAX continuation cover page generation command SYNOPSIS
/var/spool/fax/bin/mkcover qfile template result DESCRIPTION
bin/mkcover is the command invoked by the facsimile server when a continuation cover page is required for an outbound job that is about to be retried. It generates a single POSTSCRIPT(R) page that is imaged according to the remote capabilities and transmitted as the cover page. The arguments are: qfile the job description file for the outbound job. template the cover page template file, as used by the faxcover(1) program. result the filename where the resultant POSTSCRIPT document should be written. The default mkcover command is a shell script that uses awk(1) to parse the job description file and generate the cover page document. The template file may be optionally compressed with compress(1), pack(1), or gzip(1); the filename suffix is used to decide whether or not the template file contains compressed data. SEE ALSO
faxq(8C), hylafax-config(5F), sendq(5F) June 20, 1994 MKCOVER(8C)