Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX list of default umask by user Post 84852 by Zlikos on Thursday 29th of September 2005 05:11:41 AM
Old 09-29-2005
Thx for your answer but I did'nt find the umask field in this file.
I have only the following fields :
fsize = -1
core = 2097151
cpu = -1
data = 262144
rss = 65536
stack = 65536
nofiles = 2000
fsize_hard = -1

Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Changing default permissions -without "umask"-...

Hi! My question is this: Is it possible to change the default permissions in UNIX (666 for files and 777 for directories)?. I am not talking about using the command "umask". I mean, with the command "umask" you can modify permissions from a default permissions x. Is it possible to make... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chicoGuapo
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Umask

I need to set a umask of 022 for my ssh sessions, or within my profile. I have set the umask in both bash_profile and bashrc. and when i run umask i get 0022 but when i create a file i get, # touch test.txt # ls -l test.txt -rw------- 1 root root 0 Apr 26 12:25 test.txt it seems like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: felix001
1 Replies

3. AIX

FTP user and Umask issue

Guy's I have user ID created in AIX calld FTPuser in AppServer Umask for this user ( FTPuser ) is umask 002 from my workstation I'm doing as the following ftp Appserver Connected to Appserver. 230 User FTPuser logged in. put testfile.sh file will be transferd but the issue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
1 Replies

4. AIX

default umask setting during ftp

Hi all, How do i change the default primary group of files uploaded in AIX (via ftp) in such a way that the files will be owned by tom:staff? I understand that the default file permission can be set in /etc/profile for aix by adding a new line umask=032 Do I add a line in umask as well?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chipahoys
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Setting umask 022 by default to my profile

Hello everyone, I want to set my properties of my profile to umask 022 by default. I have an idea that i need to make the change in .profile file. Can you please help me, on how would i be able to set it. Thanks, Abhishek S. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write a scripts to kill idle user for 60 min. & email user list to admin in text file

Folks, I have written one script for following condition by referring some of online post in this forum. Please correct it if I'm missing something in it. (OS: AIX 5.3) List the idle user. (I used whoidle command to list first 15 user and get username, idle time, pid and login time).... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumit30
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Setting default permissions without umask or cron jobs

I've got a number of people sending files to me in different directory structures, and users on many different groups who need access to these incoming paths. My problem is that umask assumes a default of 666 for files. No execute bit, meaning that my users can't even see the incoming folders.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Karunamon
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change umask for apache user

Hi, I need to change the umask for apache user so that the other group memebers have write access to the files. The apache user has no login shell running under centos 5.6. Currently apache user have 022 umask and i need to change to 002 so that other group memeber can have write access to that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: phanidhar6039
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Default umask setting during ftp AIX

Hi, I have set below option in following file /etc/inetd.conf in AIX. ftp stream tcp6 nowait root /usr/sbin/ftpd ftpd -u 2 But still it created the file with permission (640): -rw-r----- 1 ftptosas ftpusrg 6091 Jul 28 12:23 diff_061920.txt Required permission... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mageshpsv01
1 Replies
PRLIMIT(1)							   User Commands							PRLIMIT(1)

NAME
prlimit - get and set process resource limits SYNOPSIS
prlimit [options] [--resource[=limits] [--pid PID] prlimit [options] [--resource[=limits] command [argument...] DESCRIPTION
Given a process ID and one or more resources, prlimit tries to retrieve and/or modify the limits. When command is given, prlimit will run this command with the given arguments. The limits parameter is composed of a soft and a hard value, separated by a colon (:), in order to modify the existing values. If no lim- its are given, prlimit will display the current values. If one of the values is not given, then the existing one will be used. To specify the unlimited or infinity limit (RLIM_INFINITY), the -1 or 'unlimited' string can be passed. Because of the nature of limits, the soft limit must be lower or equal to the high limit (also called the ceiling). To see all available resource limits, refer to the RESOURCE OPTIONS section. soft:hard Specify both limits. soft: Specify only the soft limit. :hard Specify only the hard limit. value Specify both limits to the same value. GENERAL OPTIONS
-h, --help Display help text and exit. --noheadings Do not print a header line. -o, --output list Define the output columns to use. If no output arrangement is specified, then a default set is used. Use --help to get a list of all supported columns. -p, --pid Specify the process id; if none is given, the running process will be used. --raw Use the raw output format. --verbose Verbose mode. -V, --version Display version information and exit. RESOURCE OPTIONS
-c, --core[=limits] Maximum size of a core file. -d, --data[=limits] Maximum data size. -e, --nice[=limits] Maximum nice priority allowed to raise. -f, --fsize[=limits] Maximum file size. -i, --sigpending[=limits] Maximum number of pending signals. -l, --memlock[=limits] Maximum locked-in-memory address space. -m, --rss[=limits] Maximum Resident Set Size (RSS). -n, --nofile[=limits] Maximum number of open files. -q, --msgqueue[=limits] Maximum number of bytes in POSIX message queues. -r, --rtprio[=limits] Maximum real-time priority. -s, --stack[=limits] Maximum size of the stack. -t, --cpu[=limits] CPU time, in seconds. -u, --nproc[=limits] Maximum number of processes. -v, --as[=limits] Address space limit. -x, --locks[=limits] Maximum number of file locks held. -y, --rttime[=limits] Timeout for real-time tasks. EXAMPLES
prlimit --pid 13134 Display limit values for all current resources. prlimit --pid 13134 --rss --nofile=1024:4095 Display the limits of the RSS, and set the soft and hard limits for the number of open files to 1024 and 4095, respectively. prlimit --pid 13134 --nproc=512: Modify only the soft limit for the number of processes. prlimit --pid $$ --nproc=unlimited Set for the current process both the soft and ceiling values for the number of processes to unlimited. prlimit --cpu=10 sort -u hugefile Set both the soft and hard CPU time limit to ten seconds and run 'sort'. SEE ALSO
ulimit(1), prlimit(2) NOTES
The prlimit system call is supported since Linux 2.6.36, older kernels will break this program. AUTHORS
Davidlohr Bueso <dave@gnu.org> - In memory of Dennis M. Ritchie. AVAILABILITY
The prlimit command is part of the util-linux package and is available from https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux/. util-linux July 2014 PRLIMIT(1)