Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux GNU's Not Unix! - The Free Software Foundation Post 84834 by kyoist on Thursday 29th of September 2005 03:18:43 AM
Old 09-29-2005
Save $

linux systems is a cheap way of learning Unix isnt it?

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

want to know hot to get free unix software

:mad: :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rolando
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Free UNIX software with oracle

Hi Friends, is there any site for download the UNIX operating system with Oracle database. if yes, Please send me the link for download the free Oracle software in UNIX environment. Thanks MPS (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: psiva_arul
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Free unix software

I used to have a free software on my computer to practice unix. Unfortunately, I had to rebuild the laptop after it was infected by a virus. Now I cannot remember the website where to download the software. Can anyone point me to a site? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ernst
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

Free Radius Software (GNU)

hi i have heared that there is a package called freeradius used for authenticating!!! actually i want to learn more about it but i cant find details on how to use it? is it based on client server model i.e should i have to install in both client and the server machines ? i am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: u.n.i.x
2 Replies
gvrng(1)																  gvrng(1)

NAME
gvrng - An interactive, introductory programming language. SYNTAX
gvrng [world file | program file] DESCRIPTION
Guido van Robot is a project developed by advanced high school students for use by their peers as a learning tool and precursor to the fur- ther study of programming with Python. It is a minimalistic programming language providing just enough syntax to help students learn the concepts of sequencing, conditional branching, looping and procedural abstraction. It's biggest strength is that it permits this learning in an environment that combines the thrill of problem-solving with instant visual feedback. In short, it is an interactive, introductory programming language that is excellent for learning the basic concepts of programming, applicable in any high-level language. Best of all, it's a whole lot of fun, too! At this point, you are probably asking yourself, "What is GvRng, specifically?" The gist of it is that it is a robot represented by a tri- angle on the screen that moves around in a world made up of streets and avenues, walls and "beepers", which Guido can collect or set. His actions are completely guided by a program written by the user. FILES
/usr/bin/gvrng /usr/lib/gvrng /usr/share/doc/gvrng AUTHORS
Stas Zytkiewicz - stasz@linux.isbeter.nl Waseem Daher - wdaher@mit.edu Steve Howell - showell@zipcon.net SEE ALSO
http://gvrng.sourceforge.net Stas Zytkiewicz 1.0 09/13/2004 gvrng(1)