Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Basic SFTP questions
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Basic SFTP questions Post 84593 by JohnRodey on Tuesday 27th of September 2005 10:38:33 AM
Old 09-27-2005
Question Basic SFTP questions

I'm trying to find out what all is involved with setting up SFTP?

1) Do Solaris machines come with a SFTP server and client already installed.

2) If so would I have to install SFTP clients on windows, if I want to transfer files to a Solaris box?

3) If SFTP doesn't come prepackaged would I have to purchase a SFTP server?

4) Is SFTP simply FTP over SSH for encryption?

Thanks for any help in advance!

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

basic UNIX questions

Can somebody please tell me a little about UNIX OS. For instance, is it ideal for digital media or how easy is it to get help and support? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: buk5d
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic Unix Questions

OK, here's a question from a true UNIX newb: How does one make a 20 line file? I'm lost. :confused: OK, I figured it out. :D (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kitchen Zinc
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some basic questions

Hi- Newbie here with some basic questions: 1) I can't get alias to work. I tried alias ll='ls -al', but it doesn't work. When just typing 'alias', the new definition doesn't appear. I'm in a bash shell -- is that the problem. I tried switching to csh, but that didn't seem to help. This... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aworstell
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic security questions

Hey guys, I've seen this posted a few times when i searched but I kinda want to know the cleanest way of doing it. On Solaris 8 and Solaris 9 What is the best way to disable telnet ssh1 and remote root login premanently? I've seen posts that say edit /etc/services edit this edit that... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingdbag
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic variable questions

when you see something like this export SOMEDATA=.:/somedir/files what does the ".:" mean? I think the the "." alone would mean current directory but the ":" together is kind of new to me. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hp-ux basic questions

I have multiple questions How to list or find only Nov month's files? How can I get state of process like running, stop, or sleep etc? How can I check dependences of processes? plz ans any if u can thx regards, Mazhar Hussain (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazhar99
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

some basic questions about unix ..

Hi all today i gone through worst interview of my life that for hour questions were so basic but i never though about them now i am figuring out answers my self but i would appreciate if you ppl help me ... i am listing some of the questions i remember .. 1 ) $ cat a.sh #! /usr/bin/ksh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

basic awk questions

I find an script with awk sitting around. I went through some online manuals, but I can't figure out exactly how it works. I can't post the whole program. Not allowed. This is the line that is confusing me. I get when else is in the script grep -v "^REM " $1| grep -v "JUNK;" | awk -F" "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guessingo
2 Replies
libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(3)					  libssh2 manual					 libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex - unlink an SFTP file SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> #include <libssh2_sftp.h> int libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *filename, unsigned int filename_len); int libssh2_sftp_unlink(LIBSSH2_SFTP *sftp, const char *filename); DESCRIPTION
sftp - SFTP instance as returned by libssh2_sftp_init(3) filename - Path and name of the existing filesystem entry filename_len - Length of the path and name of the existing filesystem entry Unlink (delete) a file from the remote filesystem. RETURN VALUE
Return 0 on success or negative on failure. It returns LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN when it would otherwise block. While LIBSSH2_ERROR_EAGAIN is a negative number, it isn't really a failure per se. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_SEND - Unable to send data on socket. LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_TIMEOUT - LIBSSH2_ERROR_SFTP_PROTOCOL - An invalid SFTP protocol response was received on the socket, or an SFTP operation caused an errorcode to be returned by the server. SEE ALSO
libssh2_sftp_init(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_sftp_unlink_ex(3)