Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: create excel file
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers create excel file Post 84559 by miltony on Tuesday 27th of September 2005 06:37:32 AM
Old 09-27-2005
to create from txt

Hi,

if the data is in txt file, then how it can be stored one word per cell in the excel sheet. plz reply me.

Thanks,
Regards,
Milton Y.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel-Sheet (with data from Oracle)

Hi HOWTO create in UNIX a Microsoft Excel sheet (with data from Oracle). At the moment I am making CSV files (using SQL statemens with || ';'), but search for more advanced formatting. Don't wish to use Perl. cheers (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
4 Replies

2. Programming

How to create java based dictionary for mobile using data in microsoft excel?

i am having a ms excel file which contains 2 columns, I first column i added words, and in second column meaning to the word in the first column. I want to create a dictionary for mobile like nokia or any java based application running mobile. How it can be created as i, dont know the java... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create an .csv/excel file using shellscript

In my file, i have 4 Product names(For ex:Microsoft excel, Oracle,.Net,IBM websphere,..etc.,) I want this 4 Products in 4 individual .csv/excel file after running the script with those products related information. (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navya
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a .sh file for an equivalent Excel VBA code

Hi guys, I am new to Unix, Need your help here. I have installed cygwin software (Unix) in my computer (Windows vista). Now i want to create a shell script (.sh file)/other script which is equivalent of VBA code (at the bottom) and then put this .sh file into bin directory of c:/cygwin. so... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bansalpankaj88
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

create separate files from one excel file with multiple sheets

Hi, I have one requirement, create separate files (".csv") from one excel file(xlsx) with multiple sheets. These ".csv" files are my source files. So anybody please suggest me the process. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Harris (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing excel file using perl : Excel file formatting changed

I am trying to create a program where user can input data in certain excel cells using user interface on internet....the programming is on perl and server is unix But when i parse data into excel the formatting of sheets is turned to default and all macro coding removed. What to do...Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mud_born
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create excel file using bash script

i have written one script which generates text file which gives output like. 001.config: CR1.1 COMPILE_PASSED TEST_PASSED 002.config: CR1.1 COMPILE_FAILED TEST_FAILED . . .so on this text file will get filled one by one as its for loop for n number. i... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi, i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to Merge contents of 2 different excel files in a single excel file

All, I have an excel sheet Excel1.xls that has some entries. I have one more excel sheet Excel2.xls that has entries only in those cells which are blank in Excel1.xls These may be in different workbooks. They are totally independent made by 2 different users. I have placed them in a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anamika08
1 Replies
Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			  Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)

NAME
Test::Excel::Template::Plus - Testing module for use with Excel::Template::Plus SYNOPSIS
use Test::More tests => 1; use Test::Excel::Template::Plus; my $template = Excel::Template::Plus->new( engine => 'TT', template => 'test.tmpl', config => { INCLUDE => [ '/templates' ] }, params => { ... } ); $template->write_file('test.xls'); # compare the file we just made with # an existing example file ... cmp_excel_files("test.xls", "t/xls/test.xls", '... the excel files matched'); DISCLAIMER
This module is woefully incomplete. It works for my very basic purposes right now, but it is surely going to need lots or work in the future to make it really usable. DESCRIPTION
This module attempts to provide a means of testing and comparing dynamically generated excel files. Currently it only supports comparing two excel files for some approximation of strutural (values within cells) and visual (formatting of said cells) equivalence. As a by product of the implementation, elements may get compared which don't really need comparing, and things which do need comparing may be skipped. This will get refined as time goes by and the module is used in more heavyweight situations. FUNCTIONS
cmp_excel_files($file1, $file2, $msg) BUGS
All complex software has bugs lurking in it, and this module is no exception. If you find a bug please either email me, or add the bug to cpan-RT. AUTHOR
Stevan Little <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2007-2010 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-06 Test::Excel::Template::Plus(3pm)