Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fetchmail with pop3
Special Forums IP Networking fetchmail with pop3 Post 84445 by Sergiu-IT on Sunday 25th of September 2005 03:29:19 AM
Old 09-25-2005
Hi!
Is your username "myname" ? Usualy, it should be "myname@isp.com" (@isp.com too) beacause it seems that the mail server hosts more domains and when you send your username, you have to tell the domain you belong to. So, try sending "myname@isp.com" instead "myname".

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

pop3

hello dear friends I configured my dns in solaris 8 X86 pc and my sendmail, but i only can send email. i don't can receive email...... i saw inetd.conf and don't have the line of pop3. how can i add the line?and what the command? Thanks friends (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: themask
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail suitable for this task?

Hi all. I'm currently building my own webmail server but I will need to collect my mail from several different account scattered around the 'Net. I know fetchmail can do this. The problem I have is that my main POP3 mailbox at my ISP lumps all users' e-mails into one box. This means that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DraconianTimes
0 Replies

3. Linux

pop3

Hi Can anybody help me for configuring pop3 mail account i linux i m using linux enterprise 3. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naik_mit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fetchmail taking long time to fetchmail...

Hi peeps, We are having around 60 users. The time set to retrieve the mail is 300 sec. But it's taking around 1 hour to deliver mails. I am using debian sarge 3.1. any clues? And how it will affect if I decrease the time? My machine has got 1 p4 3.0 GHZ processor and 1 GB ram. The home... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: squid04
2 Replies

5. Linux

Fetchmail Ate my inbox!

Hello All. I was messing around with Fetchmail on a Test Email account. Here's what my fetchmailrc file looks like: poll imap.gmail.com proto IMAP fetchall ssl When I ran this, it removed all the test emails from my Google Account. There were a few emails that I needed, however, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: drewrockshard
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

Pop3

Opensuse Postfix ispconfig I would like to limit pop3 connections to three areas. 1. local, like 192. something 2. top domain for my Internet connection, like 204. something. 3. top domain for one other, like 270. something. What would be the easiest/best way to do this?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KillerDog
1 Replies

7. Linux

Fetchmail Help

Hello there Unix & Linux Guru's and Gifted ones, Can anyone help me configure fetchmail on my redhat 9.0 This sounds to be silly but really I'm new to linux. I really need step by step installation and configuration on our company's required Redhat 9.0 (shrike) OS. Thank you and God... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: struggled_boy
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

fetchmail with two envelope options

Dear All, Is it possible to using 2 envelope options on fetchmail ? Here is fetchmailrc configuration : envelope "Envelope-To" envelope "X-Apparently-To" Thx :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhein_onizuka@y
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Fetchmail Error

Hello All, I am using fecthmail on RHEL 5.fetchmail: fetchmail 6.3.6-1.1.el5.3.1 getting the below error. ################# Installation check passed Fetching email ... mail box file name is ....mailbox.2011051614 /usr/bin/fetchmail --all --timeout 3000 --nokeep --bsmtp... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
0 Replies
DOVECONF(1)							      Dovecot							       DOVECONF(1)

NAME
doveconf - Dovecot's configuration dumping utility SYNOPSIS
doveconf [-adnNSx] [-c config-file] [-f filter] [-m module] doveconf [-n] [-c config-file] section_name ... doveconf [-h] [-c config-file] [-f filter] setting_name ... DESCRIPTION
doveconf reads and parses Dovecot's configuration files and converts them into a simpler format used by the rest of Dovecot. All standalone programs, such as dovecot(1) and dovecot-lda(1), will first get their settings by executing doveconf. For system administrators, doveconf is mainly useful for dumping the configuration in easy human readable output. OPTIONS
-a Show all settings with their currently configured values. -c config-file read configuration from the given config-file. By default /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf will be used. -d Show the setting's default value instead of the one currently configured. -f filter Show the matching configuration for the specified filter condition. The filter option string has to be given as name=value pair. For multiple filter conditions the -f option can be supplied multiple times. Possible names for the filter are: lname The local hostname, e.g. mail.example.com. This will only match hostnames which were configured like: local_name mail.example.com { # special settings } local The server's hostname or IP address. This will also match hostnames which were configured like: local imap.example.net { # special settings } protocol, service The protocol, e.g. imap or pop3 remote The client's hostname or IP address. -h Hide the setting's name, show only the setting's value. -m module Show only settings for the given module. e.g. imap, imap-login, lmtp, pop3 or pop3-login -n Show only settings with non-default values. -N Show settings with non-default values and explicitly set default values. -S Dump settings in simplified machine parsable/readable format. -x Expand configuration variables (e.g. $mail_plugins => quota) and show file contents (from e.g. ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dove- cot.pem). section_name Show only the current configuration of one or more specified sections. setting_name Show only the setting of one or more setting_name(s) with the currently configured value. You can show a setting inside a section using '/' as the section separator, e.g. service/imap/executable. EXAMPLE
When Dovecot was configured to use different settings for some networks/subnets it is possible to show which settings will be applied for a specific connection. doveconf -f local=10.0.0.110 -f remote=10.11.1.2 -f service=pop3 -n doveconf can be also used to convert v1.x configuration files into v2.x format. doveconf -n -c /oldpath/dovecot.conf > /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf.new This example shows how to ask doveconf for a global setting and a protocol specific setting. The second command uses also the -h option, in order to hide the setting's name. doveconf mail_plugins mail_plugins = quota doveconf -h -f protocol=imap mail_plugins quota imap_quota This example demonstrates how to dump a whole configuration section. doveconf dict dict { quota = pgsql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext } Or how to dump only the quota dict: doveconf dict/quota dict/quota = pgsql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1), dovecot(1), dovecot-lda(1), dsync(1) Dovecot v2.2 2012-01-29 DOVECONF(1)