Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ftp download problem
Operating Systems HP-UX ftp download problem Post 84192 by Perderabo on Thursday 22nd of September 2005 12:04:10 PM
Old 09-22-2005
RishiPahuja is correct, file deletion is controlled by write permission to the directory that contains the link. See Unix File Permissions

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

When a FTP download is completed

I receive files by FTP in an input directory. Every 10 seconds a process checks if some new file has arrived to the input directory and then the process moves them to another directory to be read by a second process. The problem is that there is no way to know if the download has finished... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi
11 Replies

2. HP-UX

Ftp Download Problem

FROM WINDOWS , WHILE GETTING DATA FROM HP-UNIX SERVER USING FTP, I AM ABLE TO GET DATA ONLY LESS THAN 4GB FILE, PLZ HELP ME HOW TO GET MORE MORE THAN 4GB FILE. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: niranjan
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Jobs for FTP download

Dear All, Please to be inform you,I have posted one thread on this forum last 5 days back. I was not getting suggestions for my thread. So i am creating a new thread with detailed of my R&D. I am new in Shell Scripts, Perl and Cron Jobs. I have one requirement in Cron jobs for FTP Download.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: moorthygs
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Download username and password

I am trying to download from ftp server (rsync and postfix). But every time I connect to the ftp server, it prompts for USER and PASS but I don't know which username and and password to use. And I am using command based UNIX OS. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarrana
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

download specified file from ftp server

Hi all, I'm having problems downloading files from ftp server. I have to download only those files that name starts with YYYYMMDD.But file comes like the format "20080624221035.TXT".Also how i can get list of all file names with in specified folder. Here i paste my code ftp -vn... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vaskarbasak
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Download data from ftp.

Dear all, I am beginner to shell scripting. I have to download more than 1k files from ftp site. link is below ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/genomes/Bacteria/ Earlier i was using wget url, for download but the problem is some times folder names get changed, i don't know how to move in directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP download using perl script

Need assistance I have a script which i can download the files from ftp server using perl . But i want to download multiple files at a time #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::FTP; $ftp = Net::FTP->new("ftp.ncdc.noaa.gov"); $ftp->login('username', 'password'); $ftp->cwd("<dir>");... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP File download

Hi, I have few files at FTP location and have written a script to download the same from ftp based on the sysdate - 1, however with the below code I am unable to download the files from FTP. x=`TZ=CST+24 date +%Y%m%d` mget Daily_BIH_$x_NEW.tar.gz can anyone please help me in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
10 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Problem with Apache Tomcat FTP Server - download gets 404

Hi $ brew -v install tomcat Homebrew 0.9.5 ==> Downloading http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.53/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.53.tar.gz ==> Best Mirror http://mirror.switch.ch/mirror/apache/dist/tomcat/tomcat-7/v7.0.53/bin/apache-tomcat-7.0.53.tar.gz /usr/bin/curl -fLA... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to Download File from FTP

Hi, I am trying to download files from FTP using below FTP code. x=$(TZ=CST date +%Y%m%d) host='xxx.xx.xxx.xxx' user='userX' pass='Password' echo "Connecting to FTP Host -- $host....." echo $x a=$(ftp -v -n -i << ! open $host user "$user" $pass cd /rose/yellow/ mget... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rramkrishnas
6 Replies
SYSINST(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						SYSINST(8)

NAME
sysinst -- install or upgrade a NetBSD system SYNOPSIS
sysinst [-D] [-f deffile] [-r releasename] DESCRIPTION
sysinst is a menu-based program that may be used to install or upgrade a NetBSD system. It is usually invoked automatically when the system is booted from appropriate installation media. sysinst is usually not present on a NetBSD system that has been fully installed. OPTIONS
-D Switch on debugging. -r releasename Set the releasename if it is different to the one compiled. Currently unused. -f deffile Set a file for definitions other than the defaults. See DEFINITION FILE for its format. DEFINITION FILE
The definition file is used to set several other names and directories to search for. You can specify any of the options in the file. They are stored as: option = value pairs. In this description, REL and MACH are the release and architecture respectively, determined by the image sysinst is used on. option name default value description release REL Release name (also set by -r releasename). machine MACH Machine architecture xfer dir /usr/INSTALL Transfer dir ext dir Extract dir (will usually be set later on) ftp host ftp.NetBSD.org ftp host for fetching files ftp dir pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-REL ftp directory for fetching files ftp prefix /MACH/binary/sets directory to look for sets. Note that this is used for all kinds of fetching (CDs, local FS, ...), not only ftp. ftp user ftp ftp user for connecting ftp pass - ftp password ftp proxy - ftp proxy nfs host - nfs host for fetching via nfs nfs dir /bsd/release nfs directory for fetching files cd dev cd0a name of the CD device for fetching files fd dev /dev/fd0a name of floppy for fetching files local dev - Other device to be mounted for fetching files local fs ffs FS-type for local dev local dir release Directory to look for in the mounted local fs targetroot mount /targetroot Directory to mount target root dir to dist postfix .tgz Suffix of set files to be extracted diskname mydisk disktab(5) diskname to use for target disk SEE ALSO
release(7), afterboot(8), boot(8), diskless(8) <machine>/INSTALL.* files on CD-ROM installation media .../NetBSD-<rel>/<machine>/INSTALL.* files in NetBSD releases or snapshots. HISTORY
A sysinst command appeared in NetBSD 1.3. BSD
September 17, 2011 BSD