Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to schedule a job
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to schedule a job Post 84161 by sanjustudy on Thursday 22nd of September 2005 06:23:43 AM
Old 09-22-2005
How to Schedule a job

hai ,

go to /etc
open crontab

specify
* * * * * roots /a/b/c/program name
the stars will be
1. minutes
2.hours.
3.day of the week
4.day of the month
5.month of the year

according what u specfied u can run the job

Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Schedule job using cron(URGENT)

Hello All, I m newbie to Job scheduling. Suppose i have 2 files s1.sh and s2.sh i want to make a schedule such as run s1.sh at 2AM everyday and run s2.sh 9Pm everyday. Can anyone tell me how to schdule that using CRON and i want to know what is CRON and CRONTAB. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a job using Crontab

I would like to execute my script at 17.30 and 23.00 using crontab, could anybody help me out!! Thanks in Advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jatanig
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How would i schedule a job on ESX

Hi I m using a machine for VMWARE setup. machine details. #uname -a VMkernel testmachine.test.com 3.5.0 #1 SMP Release build-110271 Aug 12 2008 19:36:55 i686 unknown the problem is i m not able to schedule a job using crontab as crontab is not found on the machine. ~ # crontab -e... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
5 Replies

4. AIX

Schedule Job

how to schedule a job in aix, pls explain with cmd (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a Cron job

Hi all, I am new to cron jobs.. i wanted to schedule a cron job that wil send a mail to me at 3:00PM on 10th August ie is on Wednesday. 0 15 10 8 3 echo "message from UNIX here"|mail -s "your subject here" user@user.com However this was not executed... Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule a corn job

Hi, I new to cron job... I need to schedule a job that runs on a particular day at a specific time say for example need to send a test mail at around 2:30PM on wed 10th August i have used the below syntax, but the job was not executed. 30 14 * * * echo "message from UNIX... (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Schedule a cron job

Hi, Can anyone help me out with scheduling a cron job for the below: i wnated to delete file from a folder on every sunday at 05:00 AM this is code i have used. ******************************************************* 0 05 * * 0 find /abc/xyz/pqrs/bak/ -type f -mtime +30 -exec rm -f... (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule job

Hi, I have a spcific box called abc in autosys and below that there are 2 jobs. my requirement is to run the abc box only on monday and rest of the day the rest of the jobs should be in success status.. ---------- Post updated at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous update was at 02:45 PM ----------... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule a job without Cron

Hi All, Is there any way (any utility) to schedule a job to run once in a week on RedHat Linux ? Note- Do not using Crontab. Thanks Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you schedule a job to run at 3:45 am every morning?

help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonu pandey
2 Replies
GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)						  GRAM5 Commands					      GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)

NAME
globus-job-status - Check the status of a GRAM5 job SYNOPSIS
globus-job-status JOBID globus-job-status [-help] [-usage] [-version] [-versions] DESCRIPTION
The globus-job-status program checks the status of a GRAM job by sending a status request to the job manager contact for that job specifed by the JOBID parameter. If successful, it will print the job status to standard output. The states supported by globus-job-status are: PENDING The job has been submitted to the LRM but has not yet begun execution. ACTIVE The job has begun execution. FAILED The job has failed. SUSPENDED The job is currently suspended by the LRM. DONE The job has completed. UNSUBMITTED The job has been accepted by GRAM, but not yet submitted to the LRM. STAGE_IN The job has been accepted by GRAM and is currently staging files prior to being submitted to the LRM. STAGE_OUT The job has completed execution and is currently staging files from the service node to other http, GASS, or GridFTP servers. OPTIONS
The full set of options to globus-job-status are: -help, -usage Display a help message to standard error and exit. -version Display the software version of the globus-job-status program to standard output. -versions Display the software version of the globus-job-status program including DiRT information to standard output. ENVIRONMENT
If the following variables affect the execution of globus-job-status. X509_USER_PROXY Path to proxy credential. X509_CERT_DIR Path to trusted certificate directory. BUGS
The globus-job-status program can not distinguish between the case of the job manager terminating for any reason and the job being in the DONE state. SEE ALSO
globusrun(1) University of Chicago 03/18/2010 GLOBUS-JOB-STATUS(1)