Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting can nested SQl be run in Unix Script? Post 84124 by shihabvk on Wednesday 21st of September 2005 11:48:15 PM
Old 09-22-2005
Hi,
When I tried the example above , evrything is working fine.. but one extra blank line is getting printed... how can I avoid that..

Shihab

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Case in UNIX script

Hi I wanted to know if we can write a nested case in UNIX script. Something like following - Case ${sDB} in Srvr1) case ${sSchema} Sch1) DBusr=Username1 DBPwd=Pwd1 ;; Sch2) DBusr=Username2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute PL/SQL function from Unix script (.sql file)

Hi guys, I am new on here, I have a function in oracle that returns a specific value: create or replace PACKAGE BODY "CTC_ASDGET_SCHED" AS FUNCTION FN_ASDSCHEDULE_GET RETURN VARCHAR2 AS BEGIN DECLARE ASDSchedule varchar2(6); ASDComplete... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reptile
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested SQL queries within Shell script

Hi, Would someone know if I can fire nested sql queries in a shell script? Basically what I am trying to do is as follows: my_sql=$(sqlplus -s /nolog<<EOF|sed -e "s/Connected. *//g" connect... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrutihardas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run Sql plus in shell script

Hello, I want to connect to ssh, run a query, and store that into a variable in the shell script. Also I need to pass the variable back to php to display the query results. I have created a public/private key pair for ssh connection and that is working fine. Also I am able to run query in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar2010us
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run SQL thru shell script: how to get a new line when run sql query?

Hi, this's Pom. I'm quite a new one for shell script but I have to do sql on shell script to query some information from database. I found a concern to get a new line...When I run my script, it retrieves all data as wondering but it's shown in one line :( What should I do? I'm not sure that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kapom
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time taken to run a SQL script

Hello I am asked to run around 5-6 SQL queries in a shell script and take a note of the time taken to execute each query to a file. How do I get the time taken to run the individual SQL queries (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX?

Please share the doc asap as very urgently required. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

run sql queries from UNIX shell script.

How can i run sql queries from UNIX shell script and retrieve data into text docs of UNIX? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 24ajay
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run sql query after ssh in UNIX

I am running this test.ksh on server1. It successfully logins to server2 but runs the queries of query.sql on server1. query.sql is present in both server1 and server2 Can anybody please help. I need to run queries on server2 itself.:confused: Below is the test script... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruthimithra
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX Sqlplus - Capture the sql statement about to run and execution status

Greetings Experts, I am on AIX using ksh. Created a unix script which generates the CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW ... and GRANT .. statements, which are placed in a single .txt file. Now I need to execute the contents in the file (there are around 300 view creation and grant statements) in Oracle and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
4 Replies
g3cat(1)						       mgetty+sendfax manual							  g3cat(1)

NAME
g3cat - concatenate multiple g3 documents SYNOPSIS
g3cat [-l] [-a] g3-file1 ... DESCRIPTION
g3cat concatenates g3 files. These can either be 'raw', that is, bitmaps packed according to the CCITT T.4 standard for one-dimensional bitmap encoding, or 'digifax' files, created by GNU's GhostScript package with the digifax drivers. Its output is a concatenation of all the input files, in raw G3 format, with two white lines in between. If a - is given as input file, stdin is used. If the input data is malformed, a warning is printed to stderr, and the output file will have a blank line at this place. OPTIONS
-l separate files with a one-pixel wide black line. -h <blank lines> specifies the number of blank lines g3cat should prepend to each page. Default is 0. -L <lines> limit lenght of output page to maximum <lines> lines. SPECIAL-CASE OPTIONS -w <width> specifies the desired page width in pixels per line. Default is 1728 PELs, and this is mandatory if you want to send the fax to a standard fax machine. If one of the input files doesn't match this line width (for example because it was created by a broken G3 creator), a warning is printed, and the line width is transparently fixed. -a byte-align the end-of-line codes (EOL) in the file. Every EOL will end at a byte boundary, that is, with a 01 byte. -p <pad> specifies a minimum number of bytes that each output line must be padded to. Padding is done with 0-bits before the EOL code. -R suppress output of end-of-page code (RTC). Example The following example will put a header line on a given g3 page, 'page1' and put the result into 'page2': echo '$header' | pbmtext | pbm2g3 | g3cat - page1 >page2 FILES
-- BUGS
Hopefully none :-). SEE ALSO
g32pbm(1), sendfax(8), faxspool(1) AUTHORS
g3cat is Copyright (C) 1993 by Gert Doering, <gert@greenie.muc.de> greenie 27 Oct 93 g3cat(1)