Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What's the problem with the pdf file?? Post 84015 by new_hand on Wednesday 21st of September 2005 08:30:50 AM
Old 09-21-2005
What's the problem with the pdf file??

Sometimes,I open a pdf file with ghostview and it works well. But when I open the file below, the error message comes out:

/****message begin****/
bash-2.03$ bash-2.03$ ghostview TexBook_chinese_ver.pdf

information提示框
Error: /typecheckAFPL Ghostscript 8.14: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
in --length--
Operand stack:
(/tmp/gs_BYaOeb) --nostringval-- --dict:4/4(L)-- F4 13.948 --dict:6/6(L)-- --dict:6/6(L)-- TBYYLW+KaiTi_GB2312 --dict:11/12(ro)(G)-- --nostringval-- --dict:7/7(L)-- --dict:7/7(L)-- --dict:14/19(L)-- Msize --nostringval--
Execution stack:
%interp_exit .runexec2 --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 %stopped_push --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop 1 3 %oparray_pop --nostringval-- --nostringval-- 2 1 137 --nostringval-- %for_pos_int_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %array_continue --nostringval-- false 1 %stopped_push --nostringval-- %loop_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- %array_continue --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval-- --nostringval--
Dictionary stack:
--dict:1117/1686(ro)(G)-- --dict:0/20(G)-- --dict:75/200(L)-- --dict:75/200(L)-- --dict:104/127(ro)(G)-- --dict:238/347(ro)(G)-- --dict:20/24(L)-- --dict:4/6(L)-- --dict:24/31(L)-- --dict:2/7(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
/****message end****/

Can anyone help me?
Many thanks in advance.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - Convert html to pdf - PDF::FromHTML

Hi, I am trying to convert html to pdf using perl module PDF::FromHTML, am getting the error as given below. not well-formed (invalid token) at line 2, column 17, byte 56 at C:/Perl/lib/XML/Parser.pm line 187 at C:/Perl/site/lib/PDF/FromHTML.pm line 140 The perl code is as given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

wget pdf downloading problem

Hi. I am trying to make a mirror of this free online journal: http://www.informaworld.com/smpp/title~content=t716100758~db=all Under the individual issues, the link location for the "Full Text PDF" does not have ".pdf" as an extension -- so when I use wget it misses the file. However clicking... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: obo1234
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text file + image/form/overlay file to PDF

Hi, We have an app specific legacy environment running SCO Openserver 5.0.7. I need to be able to (1) scan a pre-existing “form” consisting of logo/boxes/lines/static text as an image , (2) lay a print file from the app "on top of the image" and (3) output the "merge" as a PDF file. Scanning... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 65bit
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Printing pdf problem using pasta.cfg

hi folks I have issue in printing pdf while using ERP application, it's using pasta utility to print pdf. If i print from command line its successful while when ERP user give print command the printer doesnot print anything rather it gives error which is as follows ESP Ghostscript 815.01:... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smazshah
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Dynamically Extract file content based on Parameters from a pdf file

Hi Guru's, I am new to shell scripting. I have a unique requirement: The system generates a single pdf(/tmp/ABC.pdf) file with Invoices for Multiple Customers, the format is something like this: Page1 >> Customer 1 >>Invoice1 + invoice 2 >> Page1 end Page2 >> Customer 2 >>Invoice 3 + Invoice 4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DIps
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

PDF Script to extract PDF Links MOD in Need

In here we have a script to extract all pdf links from a single page.. any idea's in how make this read instead of a page a list of pages.. and extract all pdf links ? #!/bin/bash # NAME: pdflinkextractor # AUTHOR: Glutanimate (http://askubuntu.com/users/81372/), 2013 #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: danielldf
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in refreshing a text editor (gedit) for scanned pdf

Dear Friends, I am using Ubuntu 15.10, 34 bit system. I added a Nautilus-Actions script in shell script to convert PDF files to text. There are 2 types of PDF 1. Scanned PDF -- Not OCR type -- When I convert it to text it work , but as the part it must (text file) open in gedit . But I can see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anespa
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a text file and a pdf file from Linux command results.

Hello. The task : Using multiple commands like : gdisk -l $SOME_DISK >> $SOME_FILEI generate some text file. For readiness I must insert page break. When the program is finished I want to convert the final text file to a pdf file. When finished, I got two files : One text file and One pdf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
PDF2DSC(1)							 Ghostscript Tools							PDF2DSC(1)

NAME
pdf2dsc - generate a PostScript page list of a PDF document SYNOPSIS
pdf2dsc input.pdf [ output.dsc ] DESCRIPTION
pdf2dsc uses gs(1) to read an Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) document "input.pdf" and create a PostScript(tm) document "output.dsc" that conforms to Adobe's Document Structuring Conventions (DSC) requirements. This new document simply tells Ghostscript to read the PDF file and to display pages one at a time. The generated document can then be viewed with any PostScript viewer based on Ghostscript, like ghostview(1) on Unix or GSview on Windows, with which the user can browse through the pages of the PDF document in any order. If no output file is named on the command line, the name of the output file is that of the input file with any extension removed, followed by the extension ".dsc". CAVEATS
The DSC document uses Ghostscript-specific procedures. In addition, the original PDF document must be accessible when the DSC document is processed. You need the file "pdf2dsc.ps" (originally by Russell Lang) supplied with Ghostscript since release 3.53. SEE ALSO
gs(1), ghostview(1) VERSION
This document was last revised for Ghostscript version 9.07. AUTHOR
Yves Arrouye <yves.arrouye@usa.net> and Russell Lang gsview at ghostgum.com.au 9.07 12 February 2013 PDF2DSC(1)