Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How can I read files from the floppy in RedHat7.1 Post 8401 by syedifti on Wednesday 10th of October 2001 11:30:54 PM
Old 10-11-2001
I tried to use that escape command it reads and auto completes the file name but for some reason whenever I try to run the file it says
File or Directory does not exist.
I am running the file like this
./FileName.
It is very strange, I have talked to several people they are surprised too. It is not even reading or getting into the files so set -x command will not get executed too. And it is not getting executed. Please help me out.
Regards
-Iftikhar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFR Files on floppy tobe access in windows

I have here a UnixSlackware 2.01 disk that contains a so called SFR files, i want to open it on windows system since i dont have a unix system, is it posible ??? i tried to install WIPRO UWIN (korn shell) on my windows system but i cant access the floppydisk... so is there a posible solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mharck29
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do i access (mount, read & write) a floppy disk from the console, not being root?

welll, the title quite explains what i want to do thanks for your time! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kfaday
4 Replies

3. SCO

Read a SCO floppy disk under another OS...

I have formatted a floppy disk under SCO unix. Is there a way I could read this disk under another operating system e.g. Windows or Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sgertsos
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Can't read floppy and cdrom in single user mode

I am having trouble reading floppy and crom in single user mode. running volcheck doesn't do anything I am using Solaris -10 on Sun blade 150. Has anybody seen this problem .. or do I have to manually mount the cdrom ...and floppy ??? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajnabi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

regarding floppy

Regarding floppy drive .. I need a command or a method by which i can detect a floppy drive is present or not ? Thanks, Priya. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: priyam
4 Replies

6. SCO

Read Floppy disk in SCO OpenServer 5.0

help me please i am beguinner in SCO operating system how i can read Floppy disk i install SCO OpenServer5.02 i want to /mnt but no result (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

read() wont allow me to read files larger than 2 gig (on a 64bit)

Hi the following c-code utilizing the 'read()' man 2 read method cant read in files larger that 2gig. Hi I've found a strange problem on ubuntu64bit, that limits the data you are allowed to allocate on a 64bit platform using the c function 'read()' The following program wont allow to allocate... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkeyking
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read log files from last read

Hi i am looking a way to look at a log file(log.txt) from the last time I've read it. However after some days the main log file(log.txt) is rename to (log.txt.1). So now i will have two log files as below. log.txt.1 log.txt Now, i have to read the log from the point where i have left... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitsks
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read files in shell script code and run a C program on those files

HI, I am trying to implement a simple shell script program that does not make use of ls or find commands as they are quite expensive on very large sets of files. So, I am trying to generate the file list myself. What I am trying to do is this: 1. Generate a file name using shell script, for... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[REDHAT7] Adding LVM volume

Dear community, is it possible to add more volumes to actual LVM disk? I have the following: # lsblk NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 120G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 500M 0 part /boot └─sda2 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
0 Replies
CGI::Session::Driver::file(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     CGI::Session::Driver::file(3)

NAME
CGI::Session::Driver::file - Default CGI::Session driver SYNOPSIS
$s = new CGI::Session(); $s = new CGI::Session("driver:file", $sid); $s = new CGI::Session("driver:file", $sid, {Directory=>'/tmp'}); DESCRIPTION
When CGI::Session object is created without explicitly setting driver, file will be assumed. file - driver will store session data in plain files, where each session will be stored in a separate file. Naming conventions of session files are defined by $CGI::Session::Driver::file::FileName global variable. Default value of this variable is cgisess_%s, where %s will be replaced with respective session ID. Should you wish to set your own FileName template, do so before requesting for session object: use CGI::Session::Driver::file; # This line is mandatory. # Time passes... $CGI::Session::Driver::file::FileName = "%s.dat"; $s = new CGI::Session(); For backwards compatibility with 3.x, you can also use the variable name $CGI::Session::File::FileName, which will override the one above. DRIVER ARGUMENTS If you wish to specify a session directory, use the Directory option, which denotes location of the directory where session ids are to be kept. If Directory is not set, defaults to whatever File::Spec->tmpdir() returns. So all the three lines in the SYNOPSIS section of this manual produce the same result on a UNIX machine. If specified Directory does not exist, all necessary directory hierarchy will be created. By default, sessions are created with a umask of 0660. If you wish to change the umask for a session, pass a UMask option with an octal representation of the umask you would like for said session. NOTES
If your OS doesn't support flock, you should understand the risks of going without locking the session files. Since sessions tend to be used in environments where race conditions may occur due to concurrent access of files by different processes, locking tends to be seen as a good and very necessary thing. If you still want to use this driver but don't want flock, set $CGI::Session::Driver::file::NoFlock to 1 or pass "NoFlock => 1" and this driver will operate without locks. LICENSING
For support and licensing see CGI::Session perl v5.16.3 2008-07-16 CGI::Session::Driver::file(3)