Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Can any one solve this Problem...!!! Post 83974 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 21st of September 2005 05:54:31 AM
Old 09-21-2005
this is not an acceptable solution,

since it was different
thought of sharing this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba B. Saheb
#include<stdio.h>
void change()
{
printf("5\n");
exit(0);

}

void main()
{
int i=5;
change();
i=10;
printf("%d",i);
}

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How can I solve this problem?

I'm now designing a server application which can serve large number of clients' request. I've a question to ask, that is, main process will block when invoke the "accept" function, if a client request comes, main process should be separated into 2 processes by invoking "fork" function, the parent... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: acqy
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can't solve that problem [PLEASE HELP]

well, my internet brakes down every day because of my server, i don't have troubles with RAM or anything i think... that problem started since i am running an unrealircd server... well, my internet brakes down and when i try to access the inside ip from the server on http port 80, it says that:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AiRkO
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

use two unix commands to solve the following problem

Hi, all, The following commands could compute the 10 most frequent bigrams from a input sequence which is in a file infile. I would like to know whether there is somebody who can use only two unix commands to do the same work. -------------------- tr " " "\012*" <infile >out1 tail +2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vicky20000
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to solve restarting problem

Hi! My unix os version is OSF1 CP1 V4.0 878 alpha. It startup normally but it restarts within 5 sec. I would like to know how to solve . Please reply to me. Thanks . akzin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akzin
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Need to solve complex network problem

I have a Red Hat linux server X on a x.x.0.0 network. This machine also has to communicate with another server Y on a network called y.y.0.0 Server X has two network interfaces. eth0 is configured on the x.x.0.0 network and has a default gateway on the x.x.0.0 network. In order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soliberus
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how would you solve this problem?

I have a file process.txt I wanted to just grab data in "process" column. Name process process_id status Adminserver adminserver 22669 Running Browser Engine browserengine ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: soemac
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unknown Problem. I really want your help to solve this!

Take a look on this code: #!/bin/sh currentpath=`pwd` if ; then #Normal user if ; then "$currentpath"/.cleaner else ./runit fi else #Root user if ; then rm -r /some fi mkdir /some cd /home/ echo "`ls --group-directories-first -1`" > /some/allusers cat /some/allusers | sed 's/... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: hakermania
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to solve the problem of overwriting an array?

Hi all, I have a file..... I want to print 2nd column arranged according to order of first column, present in second file..... So, the output should be: I am using following code: awk 'NR==FNR{a=$2;next}{print a?a:"ABSENT\t"}' file1 file2 But, it seems that the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CAch
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me solve this scripting problem please

Hello, I would really appreciate some help into approaching this problem: - i have a random txt file with x lines and y rows following this pattern: ex: ip1 | user1 | command ip2 | user2 | command ip3 | user3 | command - i need to telnet/ssh into these ip's, login with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: catalinstk
7 Replies
setjmp(3)						     Library Functions Manual							 setjmp(3)

Name
       setjmp, longjmp - non-local goto

Syntax
       #include <setjmp.h>

int setjmp (env)
       jmp_buf env;

void longjmp (env, val)
       jmp_buf env;
       int val;

Description
       The and functions help deal with errors and interrupts encountered in a low-level subroutine of a program.

The function saves its stack environment in env (whose type, jmp_buf, is defined in the <setjmp.h> header file) for later use by It returns
       the value 0.

The function restores the environment saved by the last call of with the corresponding env argument.   After  finishes,	program  execution
       continues  as if the corresponding call of (which must not itself have returned in the interim) had just returned the value val.  The func-
       tion cannot cause to return the value 0.  If is invoked with a second argument of 0, returns 1.	At the time of the second return from  all
       accessible  data  have  values as of the time is called.  However, global variables have the expected values.  For example, those as of the
       time of the

Examples
       #include <setjmp.h>

jmp_buf env;
       int i = 0;
       main ()
       {
	    void exit();

if(setjmp(env) != 0) {
		 (void) printf("value of i on 2nd return from setjmp: %d0, i);
		 exit(0);
	    }
	    (void) printf("value of i on 1st return from setjmp: %d0, i);
	    i = 1;
	    g();
	    /*NOTREACHED*/
       }

g()
       {
	    longjmp(env, 1);
	    /*NOTREACHED*/
       }

If the a.out resulting from this C language code is run, the output is as follows:
       value of i on 1st return from setjmp:0

value of i on 2nd return from setjmp:1
       Unexpected behavior occurs if is called without a previous call to or when the last such call was in a function which has since returned.

Restrictions
       The values of the registers on the second return from are register values at the time of the first call to not those of the Thus, variables
       in a given function can produce unexpected results in the presence of depending on whether they are register or stack variables.

See Also
       signal(2).

RISC								 setjmp(3)