Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: telnet to server from unix
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers telnet to server from unix Post 83875 by rgard on Tuesday 20th of September 2005 11:49:25 AM
Old 09-20-2005
telnet to server from unix

i need to automate a process in which i telnet to a server, execute some PGP commands and return. i need to do this from a script on our Unix server. All attempts have failed. i get the expected message defining the escape character, but no attempt to login is made.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Server

Good day, We have recently purchased an HP Compaq t5000 thin client and installed this as a management console. It runs Windows CE 5.0 as we required Internet Explorer for the managemenet of the one server (Web based management only working in Internet Explorer). We have now also installed... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: avd
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

I access to my server via Telnet

I use server Unix with AIX 5.2. I can't telnet to server about 5 mn, then i can access to server via telnet. This problem have again and again. Sometime can, sometime can't. I dont know why? Do you have any idea? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SENG
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet to remote server

Hi every1 well i am new to unix scripting but i have been seeking help from this forum the question i want to write a script to telnet to a remote server and put the username and pwd in the script the problem is that i want to run some commands on the remote server and get the results in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassanabbas
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet to another server

hi all, i wanted to write a ksh script to telnet to another server on a particular port every 5 mins in order to send out an alert if that server went down. how do i read the response that comes back when the server is down i.e "telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused" ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cesarNZ
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to auto telnet the server from another server using script

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' I have to write a script, which is ran... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: atul9806
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

How to auto telnet the server from another server?

Hi All, I have a problem with auto telnet script, but I want to tell u something a) I am only a member access on the server, so not able to access 'root' account b) not able to install any software on server 3) On server, there is not install 'except' 1. The problem statement, all variables... (8 Replies)
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet server

I need a list of servers, that, I can try out my test program with, such as a timeserver. For example, I would need to connect to telnet server|port. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jon80
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

10. SCO

Not able to telnet to server

Out of the blue for some odd reason I am no longer able to telnet to one of my SCO Unix servers. I can ping, ftp and do a traceroute to it, just cant telnet. When I attempt to telnet to it, I just get this Trying ##.##.##.##.... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection timed out ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macastor
0 Replies
TELNET-PROBE(1) 					      General Commands Manual						   TELNET-PROBE(1)

NAME
telnet-probe - lightweight telnet-like port probe SYNOPSIS
$PCP_BINADM_DIR/telnet-probe [-c] [-v] host port DESCRIPTION
telnet-probe allows the pmdashping(1) daemons to establish connections to arbitrary local and remote service-providing daemons so that response time and service availability information can be obtained. The required host and port number arguments have the same meaning as their telnet(1) equivalents. The -c option causes telnet-probe to perform a connect(2) only. This skips the read(2) and write(2) exercise that would otherwise be done after connecting (see below). The -v option causes telnet-probe to be verbose while operating. Once the telnet connection has been established, telnet-probe reads from stdin until end-of-file, and writes all the input data to the tel- net connection. Next, telnet-probe will read from the telnet connection until end-of-file, discarding whatever data it receives. Then telnet-probe exits. To operate successfully, the input passed via telnet-probe to the remote service must be sufficient to cause the remote service to close the connection when the last line of input has been processed, e.g. ending with ``quit'' when probing SMTP on port 25. By default telnet-probe will not produce any output, unless there is an error in which case a diagnostic message can be displayed (in ver- bose mode only) and the exit status will be non-zero indicating a failure. PCP ENVIRONMENT
Environment variables with the prefix PCP_ are used to parameterize the file and directory names used by PCP. On each installation, the file /etc/pcp.conf contains the local values for these variables. The $PCP_CONF variable may be used to specify an alternative configura- tion file, as described in pcp.conf(5). DIAGNOSTICS
If telnet-probe succeeds, then 0 will be returned. If the attempt to establish a connection fails or is terminated, then a non-zero exit status is returned. SEE ALSO
PCPintro(1), pmdashping(1), pmie(1), telnet(1), connect(2), read(2) and write(2). Performance Co-Pilot PCP TELNET-PROBE(1)