Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ISO Confusion?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers ISO Confusion? Post 83792 by Mr_Pinky on Monday 19th of September 2005 06:02:24 PM
Old 09-19-2005
Yeah my connection is preety stable. I have cable running at 1MB, so I dont think it will break and I have downloaded large files (700MB+) before and it was fine and that was without a download manager.

Thats me started the downloads now woohooo! Thanks again! Smilie

M.P

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clear confusion

Hi, In some machines when i type "clear" it completely clears all the contents on that window but on some it simply scrolls up all the content. How can i change this? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp confusion

I'm an intern at a company that recently bought out another business. In doing so, they inherited a unix system that contains files which they need to retrieve. No one in the company, including myself, really understands or knows unix so please respond with the true assumption that I'm a unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: intern
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

'tr' confusion

Good day, everyone! Could anybody explain me the following situation. If I'm running similar script: Var="anna.kurnikova" Var2="Anna Kurn" echo $Var | tr -t "$Var" "$Var2" Why the output is : anna KurniKova instead of Anna Kurnikova? :confused: Thank you in advance for any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nafanja
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab confusion

I come across an entry in cron which is in such: 0 * * * * What is the first 0 indicating? 0 minute? meaning a script cron as such will run every minute? :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user50210
2 Replies

5. Programming

shmget confusion?????

Hi friends, This is a small program built on the concept of shared memory. The producer is a separate program and process, and the consumer is a seperate program and process. Both are executed under the same user account. The producer takes some string from the user and adds that string to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabam
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to make boot.iso image from rhel6 installation dvd iso ?

Hello Everyone, Can anyone let me know how to make minimal boot.iso from rhl6 installation dvd iso image. I have a dvd image with me but i want to make just a minimal boot media. Somehow it is not shipped with dvd iso. I know we can download boot.iso from redhat site but is there any anyway we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rohit Bhanot
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion with PS

Hello All, I have a problem in counting number of process getting run with my current script name.. Here it is ps -ef | grep $0 | grep -v grep This display just one line with the PID, PPID and other details when i print it in the script. But when I want to count the numbers in my... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sathyaonnuix
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Confusion in hash

Hi folks, If a declare a direct hash , then the hash element works fine. my %test = ("test",1); print %test; print "\n"; Here in the above, the name of the hash is predeclared... Suppose now I need to create the hash elements dynamically in the for loop. $test="hash"; my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

9. Programming

Pointer confusion

Here are two programs that pass a pointer to a variable but behave differently. Shouldnt the i in second program be 0 after the function call? #include<stdio.h> void changeI(int *i) { *i = 10; } int main(void) { int i=5; printf("%d before\n", i); changeI(&i); printf("%d... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
1 Replies
PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)

NAME
pull-lp-source - download a source package from Launchpad SYNOPSIS
pull-lp-source [options] source package [release|version] DESCRIPTION
pull-lp-source downloads and extracts the specified version of <source package> from Launchpad, or the latest version of the specified release. To request a version from a particular pocket say release-pocket (with a magic -release for only the release pocket). If no ver- sion or release is specified, the latest version in the development release will be downloaded. OPTIONS
Listed below are the command line options for pull-lp-source: source package This is the source package that you would like to be downloaded from Launchpad. version This is the version of the source package to be downloaded. release This is the release that you would like the source package to be downloaded from. This value defaults to the current development release. -h, --help Display a help message and exit. -d, --download-only Do not extract the source package. -m UBUNTU_MIRROR, --mirror=UBUNTU_MIRROR Use the specified Ubuntu mirror. Should be in the form http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu. If the package isn't found on this mir- ror, pull-lp-source will fall back to Launchpad, as its name implies. --no-conf Do not read any configuration files, or configuration from environment variables. ENVIRONMENT
All of the CONFIGURATION VARIABLES below are also supported as environment variables. Variables in the environment take precedence to those in configuration files. DIST Specifies the default target. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
The following variables can be set in the environment or in ubuntu-dev-tools(5) configuration files. In each case, the script-specific variable takes precedence over the package-wide variable. PULL_LP_SOURCE_UBUNTU_MIRROR, UBUNTUTOOLS_UBUNTU_MIRROR The default value for --mirror. SEE ALSO
dget(1), pull-debian-source(1), pull-debian-debdiff(1), ubuntu-dev-tools(5) AUTHOR
pull-lp-source and this manual page were written by Iain Lane <iain@orangesquash.org.uk>. Both are released under the GNU General Public License, version 3 or later. ubuntu-dev-tools 4 August 2008 PULL-LP-SOURCE(1)