Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reg:rm -R is not working
Operating Systems SCO reg:rm -R is not working Post 83633 by Perderabo on Friday 16th of September 2005 01:13:39 PM
Old 09-16-2005
No such thing as "rm -R". "rm -r" will recursively delete.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reg DB values

Hi, I would like to call my Data Base procedure through unix, my procedure returns 4 values i.e. (4 out variables), how to assign 4 out variables to unix variables. Ex: xxat_safety_stock_main_p( retcode => l_retcode ,errbuf => l_errbuf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mpkirankumar
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg expression For

HI system.sysUpTime.0 : Timeticks: (1519411311) 175 days, 20:35:13.11 From the above output i need only 175days in a perl script.. Please Help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg Ex question

Hi All, If I had a string that was a combination of plain text and quoted text - For ex String: This "sentence is" a combination of "multiple words" I wanted to know how I can write a reg-ex that splits the above string into the following result = This result = sentence is result = a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reg: MAILX

Hi all, I am trying to send a mail by using MAILX option to my YAHOO-Id. It is giving the following error. Can any one help me to find what is the problem? Do i need to get any kind of settings in my UNIX box for using MAILX? The bounce mail is as below: Message 1: From MAILER-DAEMON Tue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raamc
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Reg: ZONES

HI Friends, What is the min. Requirement to install Solaris ZONEs, i am using INTEL PC at home and i allready installed Solaris 10 can i configure ZONES in it, and i want to know the basic information of ZONES. Thanks in Advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Reg. VXVM

Hi Guys, I have a doubt either to Reboot the server after Replacing the disk0. I have two disks under vxvm root mirrored and i had a problem with primary disk so i replace the disk0 failed primary disk and then mirrored. After mirroring is it reboot required ? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
7 Replies

7. AIX

reg DS_LVZ

HI in a vg i want to display the lv name & whether the LV is enabled with DS_LVZ parameter? I used #lsvg -o | grep vgname | lsvg -il this gives the output of lv's in the vg. buti treid with lsvg -o | grep vgname| lsvg -il | egrep "LOGICAL VOLUME|DS_LVZ" but No... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: balumurugesh
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reg:SFTP

I have a query in regards to SFTP....We have a SFTP ID/PWD, so say if the password changes Would it fail my SFTP? SFTP uses public/private keys for authentication right? So would it endanger my existing process???? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saggiboy10
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reg - Working on a CSV File in a script

Dear All, I have 2 CSV files and want to create a new CSV based on a common value in both of the CSV file. ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Client 1 XXXXX Server A Client 2 XXXXX Server B Client 3 XXXXX Server C 2nd CSV file ColumnA CloumnB Server A value... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
14 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

REG Expression

Need your help in creating regular expression for particular set. let say I have given two dates 20130623 to 20140625. I need to create regular for the dates which fall in between above two dates. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gvkumar25
4 Replies
delete(n)							    [incr Tcl]								 delete(n)

NAME
delete - delete things in the interpreter SYNOPSIS
delete option ?arg arg ...? DESCRIPTION
The delete command is used to delete things in the interpreter. It is implemented as an ensemble, so extensions can add their own options and extend the behavior of this command. By default, the delete command handles the destruction of namespaces. The option argument determines what action is carried out by the command. The legal options (which may be abbreviated) are: delete class name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] classes called name. This deletes all objects in the class, and all derived classes as well. If an error is encountered while destructing an object, it will prevent the destruction of the class and any remaining objects. To destroy the entire class without regard for errors, use the "delete namespace" command. delete object name ?name...? Deletes one or more [incr Tcl] objects called name. An object is deleted by invoking all destructors in its class hierarchy, in order from most- to least-specific. If all destructors are successful, data associated with the object is deleted and the name is removed as a command from the interpreter. If the access command for an object resides in another namespace, then its qualified name can be used: delete object foo::bar::x If an error is encountered while destructing an object, the delete command is aborted and the object remains alive. To destroy an object without regard for errors, use the "rename" command to destroy the object access command. delete namespace name ?name...? Deletes one or more namespaces called name. This deletes all commands and variables in the namespace, and deletes all child names- paces as well. When a namespace is deleted, it is automatically removed from the import lists of all other namespaces. KEYWORDS
namespace, proc, variable, ensemble itcl 3.0 delete(n)