Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: stack query
Top Forums Programming stack query Post 83597 by RishiPahuja on Friday 16th of September 2005 07:58:42 AM
Old 09-16-2005
MySQL

Alok,

To my understanding for each function call a stack is maintained not for each variable reference. Variable will be referenced directly via address ptr.

Hope it clarifies the doubt.

rishi

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what is stack winding and stack unwinding

helo can u tell me what do you mean by stack winding and stack unwinding Regards, Amit (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
2 Replies

2. Programming

Heap and stack

Hi, I have a basic doubt here. Consider the following code snippet: main() { int *a; . . } Here the memory for a gets allocated in heap or stack. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: naan
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

add the output of a query to a variable to be used in another query

I would like to use the result of a query in another query. How do I redirect/add the output to another variable? $result = odbc_exec($connect, $query); while ($row = odbc_fetch_array($result)) { echo $row,"\n"; } odbc_close($connect); ?> This will output hostnames: host1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Query Oracle tables and return values to shell script that calls the query

Hi, I have a requirement as below which needs to be done viz UNIX shell script (1) I have to connect to an Oracle database (2) Exexute "SELECT field_status from table 1" query on one of the tables. (3) Based on the result that I get from point (2), I have to update another table in the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: balaeswari
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to execute Oracle query taking input from a file to form query

Hi, I need to query Oracle database for 100 users. I have these 100 users in a file. I need a shell script which would read this User file (one user at a time) & query database. For instance: USER CITY --------- ---------- A CITY_A B CITY_B C ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DevendraG
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Kernel Stack vs User Mode Stack

Hi, I am new to the linux kernel development area. I want to know what is the difference between kernel mode stack and user mode stack? Does each process has a user mode stack and a kernel mode stack?? Or Each process has a user mode stack and there is only one kernel mode stack that is shared by... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhkoar
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What happens to the stack?

Consider this bad code, edited in Windows and run via CygWin after dos2unix so be aware of any hidden "\r" charatcers... #!/bin/bash n=0 stackit() { eval $1 if then exit 0 fi n=$ echo "$n" stackit stackit } stackit stackit Run under CygWin:- AMIGA:~> cd /tmp AMIGA:/tmp>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
2 Replies
ATOMIC_OR(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 					      ATOMIC_OR(3)

NAME
atomic_or, atomic_or_32, atomic_or_uint, atomic_or_ulong, atomic_or_64, atomic_or_32_nv, atomic_or_uint_nv, atomic_or_ulong_nv, atomic_or_64_nv -- atomic logical 'or' operations SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/atomic.h> void atomic_or_32(volatile uint32_t *ptr, uint32_t bits); void atomic_or_uint(volatile unsigned int *ptr, unsigned int bits); void atomic_or_ulong(volatile unsigned long *ptr, unsigned long bits); void atomic_or_64(volatile uint64_t *ptr, uint64_t bits); uint32_t atomic_or_32_nv(volatile uint32_t *ptr, uint32_t bits); unsigned int atomic_or_uint_nv(volatile unsigned int *ptr, unsigned int bits); unsigned long atomic_or_ulong_nv(volatile unsigned long *ptr, unsigned long bits); uint64_t atomic_or_64_nv(volatile uint64_t *ptr, uint64_t bits); DESCRIPTION
The atomic_or family of functions load the value of the variable referenced by ptr, perform a logical 'or' with the value bits, and store the result back to the variable referenced by ptr in an atomic fashion. The *_nv() variants of these functions return the new value. The 64-bit variants of these functions are available only on platforms that can support atomic 64-bit memory access. Applications can check for the availability of 64-bit atomic memory operations by testing if the pre-processor macro __HAVE_ATOMIC64_OPS is defined. SEE ALSO
atomic_ops(3) HISTORY
The atomic_or functions first appeared in NetBSD 5.0. BSD
April 11, 2007 BSD