Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exporting text file data to csv Post 83582 by RishiPahuja on Friday 16th of September 2005 05:28:36 AM
Old 09-16-2005
MySQL

post some extract from your data file and the way you wish to see the output.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

exporting number into .csv file in text form (no other extra charc) from shell script

I have written a k shell program which is executing a sql and exporting data in numeric form like 0412323444 into .csv file. the problem i am facing is that , the data is coming in excel formatted in scientific form like 4.1+E08,while my requirement is to store data as such 0412323444 in excel ( no... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deepak_Rastogi
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data fetched from text file and save in a csv file

Hi i have wriiten a script which fetches the data from text file, and saves in the output in a text file itself, but i want that the output should save in different columns. I have the output like: For Channel:response_time__24.txt 1547 data points 0.339 0.299 0.448 0.581 7.380 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohitkalia
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting .csv file into mysql server 2005 using script.

Hi, I have a .csv file created by a script with data in a tabular format. I need to insert all the value into mysql database which is running in a different machine. what is the command to export the .csv file into database using shell script. Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data as a CSV file from Unix shell script

Friends...This is the first time i am trying the report generation using shell script... any suggestions are welcome. Is there a way to set the font size & color when i am exporting the data from unix shell script as a CSV file ? The following sample data is saved as a .csv file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicate commas after exporting excel file to csv

Hello everyone I'm new here and this is my first post so first of all I want to say that this is a great forum and I have managed to found most of my answers in these forums : ) So with that I ask you my first question: I have an excel file which I saved as a csv. However the excel file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spunkerspawn
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Text file to CSV with field data separated by blank lines

Hello, I have some data in a text file where fields are separated by blank lines. There are only 6 fields however some fields have several lines of data as I will explain. Also data in a particular field is not consistently the same size but does end on a blank line. The first field start with... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestport
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Filtering data from text to csv

Hello, Is there a way to filerter data from a text file as shown below to a Column e.g. hostname nfsmount as two separate column. Currently I could get hostname and the mount is appearing below.. using this script #! /bin/bash for i in `cat fqdn.txt` do echo "$i ............ " >>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cy Pqa
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting data for text file to csv

Gents Using the script attached (raw2csv). i use to create the file .csv.. The input file is called 201.raw. Kindly can you check if there is easy way to do it. The script works fine but takes a lot time to process Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies
scrollkeeper-devel(1)						   User Commands					     scrollkeeper-devel(1)

NAME
scrollkeeper-devel, scrollkeeper-extract, scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid, scrollkeeper-preinstall - utilities for working with OMF documents and the scrollkeeper database SYNOPSIS
scrollkeeper-extract file stylesheet output [stylesheet output...] scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid scrollkeeper-preinstall docfile omf-file1 omf-file2 DESCRIPTION
scrollkeeper-extract is used internally by scrollkeeper to convert DocBook/SGML files to Docbook/XML files if necessary, and to apply a number of transformations to the XML file to extract information from the XML file. scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid generates a globally unique series ID for an OMF file. scrollkeeper-preinstall reads omf_file1, changes the URL attribute of the identifier tag to doc_file and writes the output to omf_file2. scrollkeeper-preinstall can be used during the document installation process to point OMF files to the correct location on the target machine before registration in the scrollkeeper database. OPTIONS
None. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: docfile Specifies the file path to the document that omf-file1 describes. file Specifies the XML file that is to be used as input for XSLT transformations. omf-file1 Specifies the OMF file that contains metadata for docfile. omf-file2 Specifies the file created by scrollkeeper-preinstall, which contains the same data as omf-file1 except that the URL attribute of the identifier tag is changed to docfile. output Specifies the file that contains the result when the preceding stylesheet has been applied to file. stylesheet Specifies an XSLT transformation to apply. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Creating a New scrollkeeper Series ID example% scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid Example 2: Extracting a TOC From a Document example% scrollkeeper-extract /path/to/xml/file.xml /usr/share/scrollkeeper/stylesheets/toc.xsl /path/to/toc.xml EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Application exited successfully >0 Application exited with failure FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-extract The command-line executable for the scrollkeeper-extract application. /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid The command-line executable for the scrollkeeper-gen-seriesid application. /usr/bin/scrollkeeper-preinstall The command-line executable for the scrollkeeper-preinstall application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-libs-devel | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
scrollkeeper(1) NOTES
Written by Sander Vesik, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2003. SunOS 5.10 01 Apr 2003 scrollkeeper-devel(1)