Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers PS command doesnot display shellscript runningi Post 83349 by RTM on Wednesday 14th of September 2005 08:21:45 AM
Old 09-14-2005
If you are starting / stopping a script from another, then you should be able to use parent and child pid's to check. Take a look at this post

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo doesnot show output

hi every one , i m new in unix . i m trying shell scripting . set v = abc echo $v but it does not show any output . please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samy123
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to schedule the cron only if tuesday doesnot fall under 5 th and 25 th of jan

Hi I am new to unix. I have to set up a cron for the program , which should run every Monday at 3 a.m, however , if the date is between the 5 th and the 15th of January,APril or December, the program should not run I know i cant do this in cron , Help with writing the if contion is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saiviren
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

search files which doesnot match pattern ?

Hi I need a command to search files in a directory which does not match with pattern .. Plz send me this Ex : Test is directory and has some 10 files with different name all are with *.dat extension , need to search files which doesnot contain word "Dummy file". Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: madankumar
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Require some way or shell in which commands doesnot gets logged in history file

Guys, can u tell me some way in which the commands i execute on solaris system doesnot gets logged. It should not appear in history file.. Is there any shell which provide such solution or can I turn off the logging, if yes then how... Help will be appreciated Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: harpreetrekhi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove newline between two string with sed command in unix shellscript

I have a file (test.dat) which contains data like this 459|199811047|a |b |shan kar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |bv |gur u|cbe| but I need it like: 459|199811047|a |b |shankar|ooty| 460|199811047|a |b |guru|cbe| While reading the data from this file, I don't want to remove newline from the end of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcrshankar
4 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

ssh command doesnot excute commands in the destination server

Hi All, I have the below code where Iam connecting from xzur111pap server to xzur0211pap server thru ssh to execute some commands. ssh xzur0211pap spaceleft=`df -k /home |tail -1 | awk '{print $5}'` spaceleft=${spaceleft%\%} if ]; then echo "ALERT : HUFS(/home $spaceleft)" exit 0... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaddamja
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use mailx command in shellscript?

Hi, i have run the below script in bash ...after running this command iam not getting any error but i am not getting the mail.Can anybody help me regarding this issue? #! /bin/bash x=50 if then mail -s "$x is greater than 25" manish.gupta@gmail.com fi (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pspriyanka
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cc and bcc and to command in shellscript

Hi All, I have tried some below commands , some of these are working. some are not working. I want to add this "TO ,cc, bcc, from " in shellscript. can anyone give me the example for this. mailx -s "$SUBJECT5" "$EMAIL" < $EMAILMESSAGE above code is working but i want to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
5 Replies

9. Solaris

Cronjob doesnot exist on the machine but running every sunday

I have deleted a particular cronjob couple of months ago but the jb is still running every sunday, even though it is not present in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root file. Please assist. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shellscript command to remove files starting with a certain string, and older than 3 days

Hi All, Need help in identifying a shellscript command to remove all files on a server directory, starting with a certain prefix and also older than 3 days. That means files created with that prefix, today or yesterday, shouldn't be removed. Thanks, Dev (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dev.devil.1983
3 Replies
bind_to_cpu(3)						     Library Functions Manual						    bind_to_cpu(3)

NAME
bind_to_cpu - Bind execution to a specific CPU. LIBRARY
Mach Library (libmach.a) SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/resource.h> int bind_to_cpu( pid_t pid, unsigned long cpu_mask , unsigned long flag ); PARAMETERS
Specifies the target pid. You must have access rights to the pid. Specifies the CPU on which the thread should run. The target CPU is the bit index in the mask. If you set more than one bit, an error is generated. A cpu_mask of zero clears any previously set CPU binding. Specifies options to CPU binding. Currently only the option BIND_NO_INHERIT is supported. When set, this option causes child processes and threads to not inherit the CPU binding. DESCRIPTION
Upon return from bind_to_cpu, all threads of the target pid are running on the target CPU. Bound threads are not eligible for execution on any other CPU. You release CPU binding by invoking bind_to_cpu with a cpu_mask of zero. EXAMPLES
/* * Fork child process and force it to run on cpu number 3. * Processes created by the forked child will not inherit bindings. */ #include <sys/resource.h> #include <sys/sysinfo.h> #include <sys/signal.h> #include <sys/types.h> #define CPU_3 0x8 /* Bit 3 set */ main() { pid_t pid; if (pid = fork()) { /* parent */ if (bind_to_cpu(pid, CPU_3, BIND_NO_INHERIT)) { kill(pid, SIGKILL); exit(1); /* bind_to_cpu() will print error msg */ } sleep(2); /* wait for child to print CPU */ } else { /* child */ long cpu_num; sleep(1); /* wait for parent to bind CPU */ getsysinfo(GSI_CURRENT_CPU, &cpu_num, 0L, 0L, 0L); printf("child running on CPU %d ", cpu_num); } } In this example, the CPU_3 symbol is defined so that bit three in the bit mask is set. When the pid returned from the fork routine identi- fies the parent routine, the bind_to_cpu routine is called. This routine binds the child process to CPU number three, as specified in the CPU_3 symbol. When the pid returned from the fork routine identifies the child routine, the child routine sleeps to give the parent routine time to set its CPU binding. Then it uses the getsysinfo call to determine its CPU and displays its CPU with the printf routine. If the return value from the bind_to_cpu routine indicates an error, the parent process kills the child process and exits with an error status. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, bind_to_cpu returns zero. Upon error, a -1 is returned. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: runon(1) Functions: getsysinfo(2) delim off bind_to_cpu(3)