Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Add Date as part of file name Post 82709 by YoYo on Monday 5th of September 2005 05:28:44 PM
Old 09-05-2005
doesnt work

I tried but it didnt work

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name?

Hi Guys here I am again, I have two files in a specified location. Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ input file names: 1. abc_app.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abd_app.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads the files from the location based on the oldest date and cuts the date part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ruthless
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to update date part with new increment date time

hi experts, my requirement is like this i need to develop a shell script to update date part with new incremental date time in file some 'X' which is kept at some server location incrementing every two hours.as i am new to this scripting i need support from u people,thanx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amanmro
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting the date part from the log file.

Hi, I have a script that runs to generate a log file which is in this format: Start: Friday, April 29, 2011 18:30 User : Host : Database : I need to write a script that reads this log file (RUN.LOG) and rename the existing log file... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashok@119
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate many files which contents the same date as part of name file

Gents, I have lot of files in a folder where each file name includes the date of generation, then I would like to merge all the files for each date in a complete file. list of files in forder. dsd01_121104.txt dsd01_121105.txt dsd01_121106.txt dsd03_121104.txt dsd03_121105.txt... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to add a date column (today's date) in file

Hi I have file with number status and date1 and date1 field, want add a column today between column date1 and date2. file1.txt number status date1 date2 ===== ==== === ===== 34567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 45678 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 43567 open 27/06/13 28/06/13 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_rajni
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove the date part of the file?

Hi Gurus, I have file name like: abcd.20131005.dat I need to remove mid part of data final name should be abcd.dat thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I take out(remove) the date part in the file name in a script?

Hi All, I need to create links between two directories. have multiple files in a specified location. Source Location ex: /opt/xdm/input/ Target Location ex: /opt/xdm input file names: 1. abc_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd 2. abcd_app.aus.apac.yyyymmdd.dtd I need to build a code that reads... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kthri_82
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to get year part from file created date?

Hi Gurus, I need to get year part of file created date. when using ls -l , it only show month, day and time. is there any option I can add to get year portition? Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ken6503
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the specific part of the file name with file creation date?

Hello Folks, I have an requirement, where i need to get total count of the file based on creation date with there filename selected pattern. Filename: MobileProtocol.20171228T154200.157115.udr I want to get the count of files created on each day based on a pattern find. find . -type... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file and add it into part of file

Hello let me explain senario. there is a file which name is config and it store main software variable: file main.conf contents: update="1" log_login="0" allow_ports="" deny_ports="21,22,23" and there is a file which name is ports.txt file ports.txt contents: 25,26,27 i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimafire
3 Replies
WMSUN(1)						      General Commands Manual							  WMSUN(1)

NAME
WMSUN - Dockable WindowMaker SunRise/SunSet App SYNOPSIS
wmSun [-h] [-display <Display>] [-lat <Latitude>] [-lon <Longitude>] [-td <TimeDiff>] [-date <yyyymmdd>] DESCRIPTION
wmSun displays the current day's Sun Rise and Set Times. You must enter your LAtitude and Longitude correctly for it to work. OPTIONS
-h Display list of command-line options. -display <display> Use an alternate X Display. -lat <Latitude> Set latitude of observer. -lon <Longitude> Set longitude of observer. -td <UT - LT> Set the difference beteeen UT and LT. Useful when you want to show the Sunrise/Sunset at a remote lat/lon without resetting your clock. -date <yyyymmdd> Set the date to show sunrise/sunset for. EXAMPLES
wmSun -lon 106.3 -lat 35.9 this would display rise/set times at Los Alamos in local time. wmSun -lat 19.58 -lon 155.92 -td 10 this would display rise/set times in Kona, Hawaii in local time (in winter -- you need to take into account daylight savings at other times of the year). BUGS
Who knows? (Let me know if you find any). AUTHOR
Michael G. Henderson <mghenderson@lanl.gov> 5 January 1999 WMSUN(1)