Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: whats the command in unix
Top Forums Programming whats the command in unix Post 82589 by ramneek on Friday 2nd of September 2005 10:50:11 PM
Old 09-02-2005
whats the command in unix

what is the command to print the text in a specifed location

eg

i have text ("i am here");
i have to print it on location 20,20
wat is the command and which header file it uses

i am currentlr working in solaris 5.8 using unix

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats the dif between AIX and UNIX?

Hi, sorry to ask and exceedingly dumb question, but as far as UNIX goes I really am the newbiest of the newbies. I've been posed a question by one of my bosses, I'll break it down. He says "We have a big AIX box and I'd like to use Notes to handle the SMTP side of things." I say, "Okay I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SlyClone2k
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats the Vhost Command for the Unix Shell

anyone know? would be greatly thankful. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellnewbie
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix? Whats that

Hi, I am curently running Windows. Don't laugh. Unix is a OS right? I am thinking about getting it but am not sure about geting Unix or Linux. I could use all the help I can get, Thanks! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: DamienVryce
6 Replies

4. Solaris

Whats the command to see

What fonts are installed on a Solaris 8? I have no GUI so a command line command would be great. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Acleoma
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux OR Unix Whats The Difference!

What is the difference bettween linux and unix? Sorry but I am really new to this! :confused: Also are they BOTH free :-D (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jamesthemagicia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats wrong with the mv command

I am sorry guys I have figured out the error myself. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats the latest verson of Unix?

Also can unix be downloaded? Thank you, Nic (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicjr3
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Whats is the user of $ and # in UNIX ???

Whats is the user of $ and # in UNIX ??? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paynemax
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

whats setenv in unix

Hi whats the setenv command in unix..?? i have set the oracle_home path as aa.ii.1 in kron_settings and mentioned setenv oracle_path as aa.ii.2 in user settings. Does this make any changes made to the path name of the oracle_home when i run a scripts in unix..???:( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhi_123
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whats does this export command do?

Hi, I know that export command is used to set environment variable. Can you please explain what ":--100" in the below command is doing? export ROWSTOLOAD=${ROWSTOLOAD:--100} Thanks, Gangadhar (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gangadhar Reddy
5 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)