Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mysql
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Mysql Post 82545 by kisoun on Friday 2nd of September 2005 08:32:02 AM
Old 09-02-2005
Mysql

Is it my opinion, or Unix & Linux systems dislike me???? Smilie

New problem

I want to mysqldump a database from a Red Hat 9 mysql server,
to a Solaris 7 mysql server.

the problem is :

Mysql server in Red Hat 9 is up and running. (Its the production server).
I'm trying to mysqldump a database, and provides me the below error.

/usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqldump: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) when trying to connect

Remember, this server is up and running.

I'm searching everywhere for mysql.sock, or *.sock, and I can't find anything.
there is no mysql.sock file in the system (hidden or not).
There is no .sock file in the system.

mysqld.log it exists but is empty, so I can't get any information from there.

Now,

in Solaris 7, mysql.sock exists, in a proper location '/tmp/mysql.sock',
but its empty.
Mysql server, in Solaris 7, its also up and running.

My obvious question is , how to make mysqldump work without any mysql.sock file in the system????

But I want to add another question.
If I'll create, in Red Hat 9, a '/tmp/mysql.sock' file, empty of course, will it cause any damage to the mysql server, which is up and running????????

Thanks again.

I'll never give up, never give in Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

MySQL problem >> missing mysql.sock

MySQL on my server is down.... I figured out that the mysqld process isn't running. When I try to run it, it says it can't find mysql.sock Any suggestions? Here's what I can't do: can't be root don't have physical access (do stuff via SSH) reinstall MySQL (need to keep the current MySQL... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: _hp_
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mysql would not start: missing mysql.sock

I recently installed mysql-standard-5.0.21-solaris9-sparc-64bit.pkg on a Solaris 9 machine (SunOS 5.9 Generic_118558-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-250). The package installation went very smooth, however, starting mysql is a different story. I get the message below everytime I try to start mysql: #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xnightcrawl
2 Replies

3. Red Hat

MySQL conflicts with mysql-3.23.58-16.RHEL3.1

I am tring to install mysql 5.0 on redhat linux3. In this server mysql 3 is already installed and hence while I install mysql 5 it gives the following error. How I can install mysql 5 with out affect previous installation? bash-2.05b# rpm -i MySQL-server-community-5.0.41-0.rhel3.i386.rpm... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
2 Replies

4. Linux

mysql

Hi all, How I can find out how long is mysql server is down and is it writing data or not? thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

MySQL Daemon failed to start - no mysql.sock file

After doing a yum install mysql mysql-server on Fedora 14 I wasn't able to fully install the packages correctly. It installed MySQL 5.1. I was getting the following error when running the: mysql ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jastanle84
3 Replies

6. Programming

Mysql++

code: #include <mysql/mysql.h> #include <my_global.h> int main(int argc, char **argv) { MYSQL *conn; conn = mysql_init(NULL); mysql_real_connect(conn, "localhost", "zetcode", "passwd", "testdb", 0, NULL, 0); mysql_query(conn, "use vobd_db"); mysql_query(conn, "select *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raj6
1 Replies
RHN_CHECK(8)							   Red Hat, Inc.						      RHN_CHECK(8)

NAME
rhn_check - Check for and execute queued actions on RHN. SYNOPSIS
rhn_check [options] DESCRIPTION
rhn_check is a client program that connects to Red Hat Network (or a Red Hat Network Satellite) and receives queued actions for this par- ticular system. After receiving the actions, rhn_check will then process them, and return the results to Red Hat Network. OPTIONS
-v, --verbose Increase the debugging output. --proxy=PROXY Specify an http proxy to use. --proxyUser=PROXYUSER Specify a username to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyPassword. --proxyPassword=PROXYPASSWORD Specify a password to use for an authenticated proxy. This option must be used in conjunction with proxyUser. --version Show the program's version number and exit. -h, --help Show a help message and exit. FILES
/etc/sysconfig/rhn/systemid The digital server ID for this machine if the system has been registered onto Red Hat Network. This file does not exist otherwise. /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date The common configuration file used by RHN client programs. SEE ALSO
rhn_register(8), rhnreg_ks(8), rhnsd(8), rhn-profile-sync(8), rhnplugin(8), up2date(5). AUTHORS
See the AUTHORS file included with this software. This manual page was written by James Bowes <jbowes@redhat.com> BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugzilla.redhat.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1999-2010 Red Hat, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. Linux 2010 August 30 RHN_CHECK(8)