Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers the "jobs" command on Mac OSX Post 82372 by Unbeliever on Wednesday 31st of August 2005 10:08:28 AM
Old 08-31-2005
The 'jobs' commands lists the child processes which you have started from your current interactive shell and then placed into the background (whether by adding a '&' to the end of the line, or interrupting the command with a CTRL-Z and then typing the 'bg' command).

To list processes on the system you should be using the 'ps' command .. see 'man ps' for more info.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to find out jobs scheduled by "at" command?

How to find out jobs scheduled by "at" command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender name in the format "MAC [mac@yahoo.com]" in mailx command.

Hi Guys, I want the sender name in the format of "MAC " in the mailx command. I tried the below command but it is throwing error. > mailx -s "Test" -r 'MAC ' xxx@gmail.com EOT contains invalid character 'xxcd:~> Can somebody help me out here. Cheers!!!! ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
atrm(1) 							   User Commands							   atrm(1)

NAME
atrm - remove jobs spooled by at or batch SYNOPSIS
atrm [-afi] [ [ job #] [user...]] DESCRIPTION
The atrm utility removes delayed-execution jobs that were created with the at(1) command, but have not yet executed. The list of these jobs and associated job numbers can be displayed by using atq(1). atrm removes each job-number you specify, and/or all jobs belonging to the user you specify, provided that you own the indicated jobs. You can only remove jobs belonging to other users if you have solaris.jobs.admin privileges. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a All. Removes all unexecuted jobs that were created by the current user. If invoked by the privileged user, the entire queue will be flushed. -f Force. All information regarding the removal of the specified jobs is suppressed. -i Interactive. atrm asks if a job should be removed. If you respond with a y, the job will be removed. FILES
/var/spool/cron/atjobs spool area for at jobs ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
at(1), atq(1), auths(1), cron(1M), auth_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Aug 1999 atrm(1)