Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers the "jobs" command on Mac OSX Post 82364 by peterluxford on Wednesday 31st of August 2005 08:47:51 AM
Old 08-31-2005
the "jobs" command on Mac OSX

HI,

I am learning the basics of UNIX on my Mac OS X system but whenever I type the "jobs" command I just get the prompt again, with no output. Regardless of how many programmes or activities are processing.

Any ideas?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

How to find out jobs scheduled by "at" command?

How to find out jobs scheduled by "at" command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: johnveslin
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command Character size limit in the "sh" and "bourne" shell

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Roshan1286
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hi!!.. I would like to know what is maximum character size for a command in the "sh" or "bourne" shell? Thanks in advance.. Roshan. (1 Reply)
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix "look" Command "File too large" Error Message

I am trying to find lines in a text file larger than 3 Gb that start with a given string. My command looks like this: $ look "string" "/home/patrick/filename.txt" However, this gives me the following message: "look: /home/patrick/filename.txt: File too large" So, I have two... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: shishong
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sender name in the format "MAC [mac@yahoo.com]" in mailx command.

Hi Guys, I want the sender name in the format of "MAC " in the mailx command. I tried the below command but it is throwing error. > mailx -s "Test" -r 'MAC ' xxx@gmail.com EOT contains invalid character 'xxcd:~> Can somebody help me out here. Cheers!!!! ---------- Post... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mac4rfree
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies
TV_CAT(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						TV_CAT(1p)

NAME
tv_cat - Concatenate XMLTV listings files. SYNOPSIS
tv_cat [--help] [--output FILE] [FILE...] DESCRIPTION
Read one or more XMLTV files and write a file to standard ouput whose programmes are the concatenation of the programmes in the input files, and whose channels are the union of the channels in the input files. --output FILE write to FILE rather than standard output The treatment of programmes and channels is slightly different because for programmes, the ordering is important (typically programmes are processed or displayed in the same order as they appear in the input) whereas channels are just a set indexed by channel id. There is a warning if channel details clash for the same id. One more wrinkle is the credits (source, generator and so on), they are taken from one of the files and then there's a warning if the other files differ. If two input files have different character encodings, then it is not meaningful to combine their data (without recoding or other processing) and tv_cat die with an error message. This tool is rather useless, but it makes a good testbed for the XMLTV module. SEE ALSO
xmltv(5). AUTHOR
Ed Avis, ed@membled.com perl v5.14.2 2003-10-25 TV_CAT(1p)