Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hard Disk Check
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Hard Disk Check Post 82255 by polaris on Tuesday 30th of August 2005 07:30:38 AM
Old 08-30-2005
iostat

Try: iostat -En

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to check my hard disk is below 10%, and then send mail to superuser

how to write bash to superuser, when the disk space dips below 10% of the total by automatically sending an email? It is have any sample for reference (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: foong
3 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hard Disk

I have a cuestion. How Can I to add other hard disk to my computer? I need to configurate anyone? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaraver
4 Replies

3. Solaris

how to reformat a hard disk

hi i need help on how to reformat a hard disk. what should i do since i don't have any bootable disk. i'm using solaris 1 & 2 and also need to make a backup copy of the current hard disk. appreciate all the help i can get... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_balodoy
14 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can i get hard disk usage

I want to get hard disk usage hard disk usage= already allocated/total allocated first I use ioscan -kfnC disk get disk name c#t#d# then I use diskinfo /dev/rdsk/c#t#d# but this command can only get total disk size,not disk usage has any command can get that thanks:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hard Disk at 99% Help!

:eek: I use this Solaris to run CMS a call acounting software package for my job. No one could run reports today because it said the this when you logged on "The following file systems are low, and could adversely affect server performance: File system /: 99%full" Can some one please explain... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannyisme
9 Replies

6. SCO

declare disk driver for IDE hard disk

hi I've a fresh installation of SCO 5.0.7 on the IDE hard disk. For SCSI hard disk I can declare, for example blc disk driver using: # mkdev hd 0 SCSI-0 0 blc 0but it works for IDE hard disk? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccc
3 Replies

7. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

8. BSD

Migrate a Hard Disk

hi Has anyone already tried to migrate a hard disk with FreeBSD using recoverdisk? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccc
1 Replies

9. AIX

Command to check the busy % for a hard disk device like hdisk5

Please help with command to check the busy % for a hard disk device like hdisk5 Best regards, Vishal (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vishal_dba
7 Replies

10. HP-UX

How to check overall hard disk utilization in UNIX?

how to check overall hard disk utilization in unix? we use bdf command to find the utilized space for the particular path bdf filepath how can i find overall hard disk utilization? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashwanthfrq
4 Replies
IOSTAT2PCP(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						     IOSTAT2PCP(1)

NAME
iostat2pcp - Import iostat data and create a PCP archive SYNOPSIS
iostat2pcp [-v] [-S start] [-t interval] [-Z timezone] infile outfile DESCRIPTION
iostat2pcp reads a text file created with iostat(1) (infile) and translates this into a Performance Co-Pilot (PCP) archive with the basename outfile. If infile is "-" then iostat2pcp reads for standard input, allowing easy preprocessing of the iostat(1) output with sed(1) or similar. The resultant PCP archive may be used with all the PCP client tools to graph subsets of the data using pmchart(1), perform data reduction and reporting, filter with the PCP inference engine pmie(1), etc. A series of physical files will be created with the prefix outfile. These are outfile.0 (the performance data), outfile.meta (the metadata that describes the performance data) and outfile.index (a temporal index to improve efficiency of replay operations for the archive). If any of these files exists already, then iostat2pcp will not overwrite them and will exit with an error message. The first output sample from iostat(1) contains a statistical summary since boot time and is ignored by iostat2pcp, so the first real data set is the second one in the iostat(1) output. The best results are obtained when iostat(1) was run with its own -t flag, so each output sample is prefixed with a timestamp. Even better is -t with $S_TIME_FORMAT=ISO set in environment when iostat(1) is run, in which case the timestamp includes the timezone. Note that if $S_TIME_FORMAT=ISO is not used with the -t option then iostat(1) may produce a timestamp controlled by LC_TIME from the locale that is in a format iostat2pcp cannot parse. The formats for the timestamp that iostat2pcp accepts are illustrated by these examples: 2013-07-06T21:34:39+1000 (for the $S_TIME_FORMAT=ISO). 2013-07-06 21:34:39 (for some of the European formats, e.g. de_AT, de_BE, de_LU and en_DK.utf8). 06/07/13 21:34:39 (for all of the $LC_TIME settings for English locales outside North America, e.g. en_AU, en_GB, en_IE, en_NZ, en_SG and en_ZA, and all the Spanish locales, e.g. es_ES, es_MX and es_AR). In particular, note that some common North American $LC_TIME settings will not work with iostat2pcp (namely, en_US, POSIX and C) because they use the MM/DD format which may be incorrectly converted with the assumed DD/MM format. This is another reason to recommend setting $S_TIME_FORMAT=ISO. If there are no timestamps in the input stream, iostat2pcp will try and deduce the sample interval if basic Disk data (-d option for iostat(1)) is found. If this fails, then the -t option may be used to specify the sample interval in seconds. This option is ignored if timestamps are found in the input stream. The -S option may be used to specify as start time for the first real sample in infile, where start must have the format HH:MM:SS. This option is ignored if timestamps are found in the input stream. The -Z option may be used to specify a timezone. It must have the format +HHMM (for hours and minutes East of UTC) or -HHMM (for hours and minutes West of UTC). Note in particular that neither the zoneinfo (aka Olson) format, e.g. Europe/Paris, nor the Posix TZ format, e.g. EST+5 is allowed for the -Z option. This option is ignored if ISO timestamps are found in the input stream. If the timezone is not specified and cannot be deduced, it defaults to "UTC". Some additional diagnostic output is generated with the -v option. iostat2pcp is a Perl script that uses the PCP::LogImport Perl wrapper around the PCP libpcp_import library, and as such could be used as an example to develop new tools to import other types of performance data and create PCP archives. CAVEAT
iostat2pcp requires infile to have been created by the version of iostat(1) from <http://freshmeat.net/projects/sysstat>. iostat2pcp handles the -c (CPU), -d (Disk), -x (eXtended Disk) and -p (Partition) report formats (including their -k, -m, -z and ALL variants), but does not accommodate the -n (Network Filesystem) report format from iostat(1); this is a demand-driven limitation rather than a technical limitation. SEE ALSO
Date::Format(3pm), Date::Parse(3pm), iostat(1), LOGIMPORT(3), PCP::LogImport(3pm), pmchart(1), pmie(1), pmlogger(1) and sed(1). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot IOSTAT2PCP(1)