Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to check directory size
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to check directory size Post 82238 by umen on Tuesday 30th of August 2005 03:00:30 AM
Old 08-30-2005
More about sizes..
well it seams my su don't support su -h (its itanium machine)
is there any way to get the same result with script ? I can't install any thing new here.
one more question about getting the size of afile ..
say if ilike to get file size in houmen readable format when I sort the files with ls or ll can it be done?
thanks for the helpers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

check logfile size

Hello everyone! Can anyone help me with this? I need a script that looks at a logfile and check itīs size. If itīs over a sertain size the i should get an email. Dont really know how the grep that info "the size" Please help.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dozy
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check if 3 files have same size in directory

I need to determine if any three files have the same file size in a specified directly? I have got as far as listing the file sizes but where to go from here? ls -al |sort -n -r +4 | awq '{print $5}' Thanks in anticipation (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: oggle
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for file size is zero or not.

I have following script on AIX/KSH if ] ; then echo "filename exists and is > 0 bytes" else echo "filename does not exist or is zero length" fi It is not working. What is wrong here??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Directory size larger than file system size?

Hi, We currently have an Oracle database running and it is creating lots of processes in the /proc directory that are 1000M in size. The size of the /proc directory is now reading 26T. How can this be if the root file system is only 13GB? I have seen this before we an Oracle temp file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

directory tree with directory size

find . -type d -print 2>/dev/null|awk '!/\.$/ {for (i=1;i<NF;i++){d=length($i);if ( d < 5 && i != 1 )d=5;printf("%"d"s","|")}print "---"$NF}' FS='/' Can someone explain how this works..?? How can i add directory size to be listed in the above command's output..?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file size - help

I want to write a batch job (ksh) with the following requirement we have file feeds coming to our system from other team, if the file size is greater than expected then we dont need to process the file for the day and need to archive the file and send email notification to the manager saying... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sithara
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete some of the files in the directory, if the directory size limits the specified size

To find the whole size of a particular directory i use "du -sk /dirname".. but after finding the direcory's size how do i make conditions like if the size of the dir is more than 1 GB i hav to delete some of the files inside the dir (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ls directory size reporting byte size instead of file count

I have been searching both on Unix.com and Google and have not been able to find the answer to my question. I think it is partly because I can't come up with the right search terms. Recently, my virtual server switched storage devices and I think the problem may be related to that change.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmgibby
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

File size check

I am trying to check whether two files are empty or not using below if condition but its checking for only one file if ] Again I tried if && ] Need your assistance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_001
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check total files size in hdfs directory?

Is there a way to calculate the total file size of HDFS file directory in GB or MB? I dont want to use du/df command. Without that is there a way HDFS Directory - /test/my_dir (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
1 Replies
itk(n)								     [incr Tk]								    itk(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
itk - framework for building mega-widgets in Tcl/Tk _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Mega-widgets are high-level widgets that are constructed using Tk widgets as component parts, usually without any C code. A fileselection- box, for example, may have a few listboxes, some entry widgets and some control buttons. These individual widgets are put together in a way that makes them act like one big widget. A fileselectionbox mega-widget can be created with a command like: fileselectionbox .fsb -background blue -foreground white Once it has been created, it can be reconfigured with a command like: .fsb configure -background green -foreground black and all of its internal components will change color. Each mega-widget has a set of methods that can be used to manipulate it. For exam- ple, the current selection can be queried from a fileselectionbox like this: set fileName [.fsb get] In effect, a mega-widget looks and acts exactly like a Tk widget, but is considerably easier to implement. [incr Tk] is a framework for building mega-widgets. It uses [incr Tcl] to support the object paradigm, and adds base classes which provide default widget behaviors. All [incr Tk] widgets are derived from the Archetype base class. This class manages internal component widgets, and provides methods like "configure" and "cget" to access configuration options. The Widget base class inherits everything from Archetype, and adds a Tk frame which acts as a container for the mega-widget. It is used to build mega-widgets that sit inside of other frames and toplevels. Derived classes create other internal components and pack them into the "hull" frame created by the Widget base class. The Toplevel base class inherits everything from Archetype, but adds a Tk toplevel which acts as a container for the mega-widget. It is used to build mega-widgets, such as dialog boxes, that have their own toplevel window. Derived classes create other internal components and pack them into the "hull" toplevel created by the Toplevel base class. [incr Widgets] LIBRARY [incr Widgets] is a mega-widget library built using [incr Tk]. It can be used right out of the box, and contains more than 30 different widget classes, including: - fileselectiondialog - tabnotebook - panedwindow - combobox - optionmenu - scrolledlistbox - scrolledframe - messagedialog - and many others... The catalog demo in the "iwidgets/demos" directory shows all of the available widgets in action. Each widget class has its own man page describing the features available. KEYWORDS
class, object, object-oriented, mega-widget itk 3.0 itk(n)