Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how do i unmount ?
Operating Systems AIX how do i unmount ? Post 82146 by andryk on Monday 29th of August 2005 08:33:00 AM
Old 08-29-2005
Have u tried fuser, see man fuser for example Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

[FreeBSD] Unable to unmount

I have mounted an ISO-file to do a network install of Red Hat. Afterwards, I removed the ISO and forgot about the mount. Now, I am unable to unmount this mount, because the target no longer exists... Here's the error I get when I try to unmount: Even if I put all the files back and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

3. AIX

Unmount strongly command

Dear Guy's I'm making script to easier my work to mount and unmount some file systems I'm executing this command umount -f /file_system To unmount the file system but some times is not allow the un mounting it's giving me device is busy ... I want to know is there any another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can we unmount device?

Hi, I know that if we need to unmount a device, we use the command umount mount-point, example 'umount /tmp/mount1' But We can also unmount the device with device name example 'umount /dev/hda6'. NOTE: I think in RHEL3 we cannot unmount with device name. Correct me if I am wrong. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unmount the partition

Dear all, I have a two hard drive.On the second (/dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2) hard drive i have two partitions. The /dev/sdb2 has been mounted on the /home2 directory.I want to unmount that /dev/sdb2.I have no idea to how to do it.Can anybody give me the details about that?. Regards, Prakashkumar.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
2 Replies

7. Solaris

zfs cannot unmount (cannot unshare)

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine, created a raidz2 zpool named shares and set up sharing (zfs set sharesmb=on shares). I also created a script for automatic backuping using snapshots. Everything worked fine. But yesterday I tried recovering from one of those backuped snapshots:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

FC Lun scan without unmount

OS : 11.31 Storage : HP P2000 WE extended one lun to 100GB which was previously 50GB from storage side... How to get detect the size without unmounting.... ---------- Post updated at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:37 AM ---------- No LVM and No online JFS installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount files via script

Hi all, I have a requirement to do an upgrade. As part of that upgrade I have to unmounts files in the fstab (there could be 100's), is there a way I can do this via script? The problem is, is that the mount points on every server will be different.... For example: /u001/oradata/T865 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
4 Replies

10. AIX

Filesystem unable unmount

Hi all , I have issue oracle filesystem name /oracle/SID unable to unmount even though no any process are running mentioned fs .would appreciate anyone assist further high level .my system running aix 6.1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arulji
7 Replies
RESIZE_REISERFS(8)					      System Manager's Manual						RESIZE_REISERFS(8)

NAME
resize_reiserfs - Reiserfs filesystem resizer SYNOPSIS
resize_reiserfs [ -s [+|-]size[K|M|G] ] [ -j dev ] [ -fqv ] device DESCRIPTION
The resize_reiserfs tool resizes an unmounted reiserfs file system. It enlarges or shrinks an reiserfs file system located on a device so that it will have size bytes or size=old_size +(-) size bytes if the + or - prefix is used. If the -s option is not specified, the filesystem will be resized to fill the given device. The size parameter may have one of the optional modifiers K, M, G, which means the size parameter is given in kilo-, mega-, gigabytes respectively. The resize_reiserfs program does not manipulate the size of the device. If you wish to enlarge a filesystem, you must make sure you expand the underlying device first. This can be done using cfdisk(8) for partitions, by deleting the partition and recreating it with a larger size (assuming there is free space after the partition in question). Make sure you re-create it with the same starting disk cylinder as before! Otherwise, the resize operation will certainly not work, and you may lose your entire filesystem. The resize_reiserfs program allows to grow a reiserfs on-line if there is a free space on block device. If you wish to shrink an reiserfs partition, first use resize_reiserfs to shrink the file system. You may then use cfdisk(8) to shrink the device. When shrinking the size of the device, make sure you do not make it smaller than the reduced size of the reiserfs filesystem. OPTIONS
-s [+|-]size Set the new size in bytes. -j dev Set the journal device name. -f Force, do not perform checks. -q Do not print anything but error messages. -v Turn on extra progress status messages (default). RETURN VALUES
0 Resizing successful. -1 In another case. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how to test resize_reiserfs. Suppose 2Gb reiserfs filesystem is created on the device /dev/hda8 and is mounted on /mnt. For shrinking the device we need to unmount it first, then run resize_reiserfs with a size parameter (in this case -1Gb): df umount /mnt resize_reiserfs -s -1G /dev/hda8 mount /dev/hda8 /mnt df /mnt WARNING
Note that this is a BETA program and may corrupt filesystems. AUTHOR
This version of resize_reiserfs has been written by Alexander Zarochentcev <zam@namesys.com>. BUGS
Please, report about the bugs to Alexander Zarochentcev <zam@namesys.com> or to Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com>. SEE ALSO
cfdisk(8), reiserfsck(8), debugreiserfs(8) Reiserfsprogs-3.6.4 January 2002 RESIZE_REISERFS(8)