Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: how do i unmount ?
Operating Systems AIX how do i unmount ? Post 82143 by jyoung on Monday 29th of August 2005 08:26:54 AM
Old 08-29-2005
If you have IBM support I would contact them. They have been very helpful to me in the past.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

[FreeBSD] Unable to unmount

I have mounted an ISO-file to do a network install of Red Hat. Afterwards, I removed the ISO and forgot about the mount. Now, I am unable to unmount this mount, because the target no longer exists... Here's the error I get when I try to unmount: Even if I put all the files back and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: indo1144
6 Replies

2. HP-UX

Cannot unmount mount points??

When taking a snap, I have a script that stops any active snap. When running the script, I'm getting a message that u02 and u04 are already mounted. How can I find out what process(es) is/are latching on the these mount points? Thank you for your time. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genzbeat
1 Replies

3. AIX

Unmount strongly command

Dear Guy's I'm making script to easier my work to mount and unmount some file systems I'm executing this command umount -f /file_system To unmount the file system but some times is not allow the un mounting it's giving me device is busy ... I want to know is there any another... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ITHelper
2 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Can we unmount device?

Hi, I know that if we need to unmount a device, we use the command umount mount-point, example 'umount /tmp/mount1' But We can also unmount the device with device name example 'umount /dev/hda6'. NOTE: I think in RHEL3 we cannot unmount with device name. Correct me if I am wrong. What... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: praveen_b744
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount USB disk

Hi, How can I unmount an usb disk using the command umount? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Guccio
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unmount the partition

Dear all, I have a two hard drive.On the second (/dev/sdb1 and /dev/sdb2) hard drive i have two partitions. The /dev/sdb2 has been mounted on the /home2 directory.I want to unmount that /dev/sdb2.I have no idea to how to do it.Can anybody give me the details about that?. Regards, Prakashkumar.S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakashkumar41
2 Replies

7. Solaris

zfs cannot unmount (cannot unshare)

I have installed Solaris 11 Express on my machine, created a raidz2 zpool named shares and set up sharing (zfs set sharesmb=on shares). I also created a script for automatic backuping using snapshots. Everything worked fine. But yesterday I tried recovering from one of those backuped snapshots:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RychnD
1 Replies

8. HP-UX

FC Lun scan without unmount

OS : 11.31 Storage : HP P2000 WE extended one lun to 100GB which was previously 50GB from storage side... How to get detect the size without unmounting.... ---------- Post updated at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous update was at 12:37 AM ---------- No LVM and No online JFS installed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selvaforum
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unmount files via script

Hi all, I have a requirement to do an upgrade. As part of that upgrade I have to unmounts files in the fstab (there could be 100's), is there a way I can do this via script? The problem is, is that the mount points on every server will be different.... For example: /u001/oradata/T865 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gartie
4 Replies

10. AIX

Filesystem unable unmount

Hi all , I have issue oracle filesystem name /oracle/SID unable to unmount even though no any process are running mentioned fs .would appreciate anyone assist further high level .my system running aix 6.1 (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arulji
7 Replies
LIEBERT(8)							    NUT Manual								LIEBERT(8)

NAME
liebert - Driver for Liebert contact-closure UPS equipment NOTE
This man page only documents the hardware-specific features of the liebert driver. For information about the core driver, see nutupsdrv(8). SUPPORTED HARDWARE
This driver supports some Liebert UPS equipment with a contact-closure interface. This includes the UPStation GXT2 with their contact-closure cable. The smart mode ("Multilink") cable is not supported by this driver. EXTRA ARGUMENTS
This driver does not support any extra settings in the ups.conf(5). BUGS
This driver does not yet support shutdowns by raising DTR. Be aware that shutdowns are not possible with the stock contact-closure cable. You may have to build another cable with DTR connected through to the UPS for it to work. There is no way for this driver to detect the hardware or cable. It will start up successfully even if no UPS is present. This is a fundamental limitation of any contact-closure driver. SEE ALSO
The core driver: nutupsdrv(8) Internet resources: The NUT (Network UPS Tools) home page: http://www.networkupstools.org/ Network UPS Tools 05/21/2012 LIEBERT(8)