Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting taking every variable and executing the command Post 81884 by srichunduru on Wednesday 24th of August 2005 09:44:12 PM
Old 08-24-2005
thankyou very much. Can you please guide me where should i put the tables.lst file which contains all the list of tables.
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Taking sed result in a variable

Hi All, How can i take the following code having three seds into a variable : echo "$DateFileFormat" | sed 's/\./\\\\./g' | sed 's/\$/+/g' | sed 's/\#/'$job_date'/g' I want to get the result stored in a script variable i tried var2=`echo "$DateFileFormat" | sed 's/\./\\\\./g' |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhinav192
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing a variable assignment in a string

I'm using whatever the scripting is in this copy of busybox ! So not the full boxed set sometimes. If I do cmd="echo fred" $cmd the system prints "fred" if I do cmd="fred=9" $cmd it barfs. Is there a simple way to put a varabble assignment in a string and execute it? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dexdyne
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a variable that strores a unix command string

Hi: I have a touble with executing a variable that stores a unix command string. The following would be excuted fine: command='ls -l' `echo $command` However, the following gives me an error: command='(uuencode file1 file1; uuencode file2 file2) | mailx email_id' `echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sagewise
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command taking lot of time to execute

Hi, I am running the following command, and it tries to delete some dn from ldap, however, it takes lot of time before it finally request LDAP server to delete it. I am trying to find why it is taking lot of time. Could you anyone help me in this regard. I have copies the pstack output, and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: john_prince
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

taking the output of awk command to a new file

cat doc | nawk -v da="${date}" '$23>199 {print $0 > "doc"+da+".txt"}' Every time(need to run every day) i run this, i want to a create a new file "doc_01 Aug.txt". Basically, i want to create a new file with date appended in it. The above command is creating a file with name "0".... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vagar11
4 Replies

6. Linux

Error executing a variable

greetings, i'll try to keep this simple... i have a script that sets up my environment and creates a command line variable to execute. when i execute the variable i get an error telling me it cannot open one of the files on the command line. the error prints a file name that is definitely... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimso
7 Replies

7. Red Hat

Du -sh command taking time to calculate the big size files

Hi , My linux server is taking more time to calculate big size from long time. * i am accessing server through ssh * commands # - du -sh * #du -sh * | sort -n | grep G Please guide me for fast way to find big size directories under to / partition Thanks (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nats
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command line arguments not taking

# more minusf.awk #!/bin/awk -f BEGIN { FS=":"; } { if ( $2 == "" ) { print $1 ": no password!"; } } # ./minusf.awk aa aa aa aa awk: can't open aa (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sri.phani
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with taking variable of for loop in textfile

Hi, I am new to unix/linux scripting. I have a text file, listlib.txt where the content: lib1_23 lib34_a ab_li_lab I need to generate a file (.log) of each cell. I am planning to create a (.csh) script that will have for loop with variable taken from listlib.txt. As for now, i have no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mmaz
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed not taking variable value

Hi All, Could you please help me, why sed is not able to take variable value when I try to replace using sed. I want to replace 2nd column (time) and keeping intact others. cur="09:30" CODE="VL" new="09:35" sed s/'\(.*def.monitor."${CODE}".qStart.*\)"${cur}"\(.*read\)/\1"${new}"\2'/g... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdosanjh
3 Replies
UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)						 Debian GNU/Linux					    UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)

NAME
update-rcconf-guide - Create default guide file for rcconf SYNOPSIS
update-rcconf-guide DESCRIPTION
Update-rcconf-guide creates the default guide file which rcconf uses. Update-rcconf-guide searches the package names corresponding to each service file in /etc/init.d directory from dpkg info files(/var/lib/dpkg/info/*.list) and get the description of these packages using apt-cache. Update-rcconf-guide uses Short-Description in priority to the description if service files has Short-Description field. Update-rcconf-guide writes those results to /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default file. You can write your own guide in user guide file(/var/lib/rcconf/guide) by hand. Rcconf refers Guides in /var/lib/rcconf/guide before those in /var/lib/rcconf/guide.default. If you install some packages after executed update-rcconf-guide, you need to re-create this file using update-rcconf-guide so as to refresh guide.default that includes new guides for installed new services. Notice: update-rcconf-guide was not executed when you installed rcconf package. FILE
/var/lib/rcconf/guide.default Guide File update-rcconf-guide generates. /var/lib/rcconf/guide Guide File user(Administrator) can define. SEE ALSO
rcconf(8) AUTHOR
Atsushi KAMOSHIDA <kamop@debian.org> perl v5.10.1 2009-01-21 UPDATE-RCCONF-GUIDE(8)