Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Updating GCC in Linux
Top Forums Programming Updating GCC in Linux Post 81760 by blowtorch on Tuesday 23rd of August 2005 11:31:03 PM
Old 08-24-2005
I think that you should uninstall the old version before installing any new ones. Especially since you are saying that the current installation is possibly incomplete.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Linux GCC

Ok, i got a problem... I am trying to get the preinstalled Gcc running on my redhat linux 9 from linuxiso.org The problem is, gcc wont load or sumthin I cannot seem to get it running from "run program" in the menu. I also tried to check /usr/bin to see if it was even there.... Seems like it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gearshifter
7 Replies

2. SuSE

Linux gcc

Hi all, I am trying to create 64-bit shared libraries on Power PC "ppc64" architecture SuSe Linux 10 machine using gcc compiler. I am using "-m64" as an option for gcc to create 64-bit libraries which needs pam module. As we specify -m64 the compiler should look for all 64-bit... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vyshu2112
0 Replies

3. Linux

gcc updation on Linux machine

Hi All, I already have gcc complier installed in my machine. Its version is : gcc version 3.2.2 20030222 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.2-5) I am not sure whethere it's is latest gcc version available. I want to update my gcc version. Can anyone please suggest me what is the latest and stable gcc... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bisla.yogender
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for updating the comments field on /etc/passwd on redhat linux

Hi there, I have more that 300 servers that I need to updated the comments field on /etc/passwd for users that have a blank comments fields. The users have accounts on different servers. I have created a list of these users on a text file called update_passwd.txt. I need a script that will... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Duke
6 Replies

5. Red Hat

GCC compiler on linux box

Hi All, My main aim is to find the version of GCC compiler installed on linux box. Case 1: When i use gcc -v i get the foll. O/P Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-redhat-linux7/2.96/specs gcc version 2.96 20000731 (Red Hat Linux 7.3 2.96-128) case 2: when i use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashok_oct22
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Updating Software on Linux Servers

If I want to install a newer version of a software that comes with the linux distribution (like python for example), can I do it or only the system admin can? I don't have root access. Thanks! R (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rachel Ross
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing gcc on RHEL4 Linux

Hi, I'm a newbie in this forum and a newbie with administering Linux. I need to install gcc 3.4.6-10 and I've downloaded and installed the rpm, but it seems that it did not do anything. # rpm -ivh gcc-3.4.6-10.src.rpm 1:gcc ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarrk
3 Replies

8. Programming

Porting ofstream attach() in linux gcc

Hi We have a huge codebase in HP-UX and we are porting them in RH-Linux. I am facing the problem of making the following code work in gcc - ofstream ofs; int fd = open(fileName, openState, openMode)); func(fd); ...... ...... const Boolean func(const int fileDescriptor) { ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsinha
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux server not showing the GCC

Hi How can gcc is missing in linux ?i think we dont need to install it separately , can anyone please clarify when i issue a gcc command my terminal displays "If 'gcc' is not a typo you can run the following command to lookup the package that contains the binary: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

GCC compiler installation on Linux OS

Need assistance in getting a GCC compiler on linux server . I wanted to install GCC compiler under local user . System doesnt have any compiler . Is there a way to get a compiler installed without a root user, cant install using (rpm, yum ) When I try to compile the gcc source i get the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
7 Replies
PERLDGUX(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					       PERLDGUX(1)

NAME
perldgux - Perl under DG/UX. SYNOPSIS
One can read this document in the following formats: man perldgux view perl perldgux explorer perldgux.html info perldgux to list some (not all may be available simultaneously), or it may be read as is: as README.dgux. DESCRIPTION
Perl 5.7/8.x for DG/UX ix86 R4.20MU0x BUILDING PERL ON DG
/UX Non-threaded Perl on DG/UX Just run ./Configure script from the top directory. Then give "make" to compile. Threaded Perl on DG/UX If you are using as compiler GCC-2.95.x rev(DG/UX) an easy solution for configuring perl in your DG/UX machine is to run the command: ./Configure -Dusethreads -Duseithreads -Dusedevel -des This will automatically accept all the defaults and in particular /usr/local/ as installation directory. Note that GCC-2.95.x rev(DG/UX) knows the switch -pthread which allows it to link correctly DG/UX's -lthread library. If you want to change the installation directory or have a standard DG/UX with C compiler GCC-2.7.2.x then you have no choice than to do an interactive build by issuing the command: ./Configure -Dusethreads -Duseithreads In particular with GCC-2.7.2.x accept all the defaults and *watch* out for the message: Any additional ld flags (NOT including libraries)? [ -pthread] Instead of -pthread put here -lthread. CGCC-2.7.2.x that comes with the DG/UX OS does NOT know the -pthread switch. So your build will fail if you choose the defaults. After configuration is done correctly give "make" to compile. Testing Perl on DG/UX Issuing a "make test" will run all the tests. If the test lib/ftmp-security gives you as a result something like lib/ftmp-security....File::Temp::_gettemp: Parent directory (/tmp/) is not safe (sticky bit not set when world writable?) at lib/ftmp-security.t line 100 don't panic and just set the sticky bit in your /tmp directory by doing the following as root: cd / chmod +t /tmp (=set the sticky bit to /tmp). Then rerun the tests. This time all must be OK. Installing the built perl on DG/UX Run the command "make install" AUTHOR
Takis Psarogiannakopoulos University of Cambridge Centre for Mathematical Sciences Department of Pure Mathematics Wilberforce road Cambridge CB3 0WB , UK email <takis@XFree86.Org> SEE ALSO
perl(1). perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 PERLDGUX(1)