Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assigning nawk output to variables Post 81442 by hadarot on Friday 19th of August 2005 03:20:02 PM
Old 08-19-2005
...and by the way, if you do want to set a variable with a value from a subprocess, check out the thread at https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-and-scripting/20755-getting-value-variable-set-subprocess-script.html

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables

Before I even attempt this, is it possible to grep for a pattern, maybe a partial sentence like "go to page 3", assign that to a variable and then use awk or something to pull out the 3 and assign it to a variable? So first I would have Gotopg = "go to page 3" then page = 3 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: k@ssidy
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assigning nawk output to shell variable

Hello friends, I doing the follwing script , but found problem to store it to a shell variable. #! /bin/sh for temp in `find ./dat/vector/ -name '*.file'` do echo $temp nawk -v temp=$temp 'BEGIN{ split(temp, a,"\/"); print a}' done output: ./dat/vector/drf_all_002.file... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

assigning variables from standard output

What am I doing wrong? I was searching for the answer to assigning variables from output. I found this simple response ls -l apply_want.m | read perms links owner group size mtime1 mtime2 mtime3 file this should allow me to echo the variables echo "$perms | $links | $owner | $group |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: whamchaxed
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to access values of awk/nawk variables outside the awk/nawk block?

i'm new to shell scripting and have a problem please help me in the script i have a nawk block which has a variable count nawk{ . . . count=count+1 print count } now i want to access the value of the count variable outside the awk block,like.. s=`expr count / m` (m is... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saniya
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

assigning variables to their defaults

Hi, Is there any way to assign defaults values to the shell variables without reassigning them ( restarting the session) for example after login the value of ORACLE_HOME=/a/b/c i have changed this value from the console export ORACLE_HOME=/c/d now what if i want the value exported to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clx
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Assigning variables using awk

Hi, I am having a line which is separated by - I need to extract each field and put into some variable. a=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $1}' ` b=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $2}' ` c=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk -F- '{print $3}' ` d=`echo "this-is-the-case" | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in assigning output of n commands to n variables automatically inside a for loop

Please help me to automatically assign the output of awk command to the variables cs3, cs4, cs5 and cs6 using a for loop. The below code is not working. for i in 3 4 5 6 do cs$i=`awk -F"|" 'BEGIN{sum=0}{sum=sum+$'$i'}END{printf("%d\n", sum)}' css` done echo $cs3 $cs4 $cs5 $cs6 (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting phone number, its message and assigning them into 2 variables then screen output.

Hi Everyone, I have a flatfile "inbox.txt" which contains some information: Location 0, folder "Inbox", SIM memory, Inbox folder SMS message SMSC number : "+24800000023" Sent : Sat 04 Aug 2012 09:01:00 PM +0700 Coding : Default GSM alphabet... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: testcase
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning variables

i have variables RECIPIENTS_DEVL,RECIPIENTS_UACC,RECIPIENTS_PROD i have a case statement to get the phase variable: case ${WMD_UPHASE1} in u) WMD_UPHASE4=UACC;; i) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; p) WMD_UPHASE4=PROD;; d) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; *) WMD_UPHASE4=DEVL;; esac I am unable to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning Variables

Hi, Can the below be clarified please. i just want to know what is the difference between the two ways of assigning variables as mentioned below. export SRC_TBL=${SRC_TBL-"MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG"} export SRC_TBL="MMA_COPAY_PLN_FACT_STG" thanks in advance :) Arun (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arun Mishra
1 Replies
VEUSZ_LISTEN(1) 						       Veusz							   VEUSZ_LISTEN(1)

NAME
veusz_listen - command-line interface to the Veusz plotting application. SYNOPSIS
veusz_listen [WindowTitle]... DESCRIPTION
Veusz is a scientific plotting and graphing package. veusz_listen provides a command line interface to its scripting interface. veusz_listen opens a new window (with an optional window title) and listens to stdin. It executes Veusz scripting commands, writing any output to stdout. veusz_listen is now deprecated. Please use veusz --listen instead. SEE ALSO
veusz(1) BUGS
Please report bugs at https://gna.org/bugs/?group=veusz AUTHORS
Veusz was written by Jeremy Sanders <jeremy@jeremysanders.net>. This manual page was written by Jeremy Sanders <jeremy@jeremysanders.net>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Jeremy Sanders <jeremy@jeremysanders.net>. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later version. On Debian GNU/Linux systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in `/usr/share/common-licenses/GPL'. 1.15 2012-03-28 VEUSZ_LISTEN(1)