Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: run commands before login
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers run commands before login Post 81261 by woofie on Wednesday 17th of August 2005 07:38:57 PM
Old 08-17-2005
run commands before login

What would be the best way to setup for a Linux box to run a few commands before the user logs in?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run commands

It would be helpful if someone could help me out here. The problem I have been having is that I cannot run some commands which are valid - whenever I try to run the command I get the message "command not found". Now, if I run the same command as root it executes. These commands do not have to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
5 Replies

2. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Can't login to Unix using ftp commands

Hi. I have this issue with an ftp command that I can run successfully using command prompt in Windows but when using a file to run the script unix will always return log in error messages. Here is what I'm doing: In command prompt I'm running this: > ftp -s:c:\load_test_file.scr And my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: teposelo
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Run multiple commands

Hi All, Is it possible to run second/multiple commands at a time in script before the completion/return of first command? Pls reply. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cns1710
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp login commands

Hello, I am using ftp on command line. The problem is getting bumped off after 15 minutes of no activity.. I have two options: quit ftp and use the command history of my shell, or stay in ftp and use 'open' command, where I can use the command history saved in the ftp program. Either option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Allasso
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Login to remote host and execute commands

Hi, i want to write script where it will login into 50 hosts and if login is successful it print message "login to host1 is successful" if not it should print message "Not able to login to host1". once connection to the host is succesful it should fire df command to check filesystem if df is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amru8810
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commands not working with ssh remote login

Hi Friends, I am unable to run our application commands on remote server using ssh (passwordless login enabled). But the same command running with telent perl script. please suggest. SSH: C:/bin>ssh -l monitor tl04cp01 exec "/home/monitor/123" /home/monitor/123: viewlog: not found. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: suresh3566
7 Replies

8. Solaris

Run automated bash commands from sh login shell

I use plink.exe to automate remote commands that return data to Windows machines. This works well on newer servers running Red Hat since the commands were developed for bash and the designated user's login shell is bash. I need to also support older servers which are running Solaris 10 but the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: randman1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to track what Commands run in a login session

Hi I need to track what commands run in login session in solaris whether it is root or any normal users in bash shell. My actual requirement is that when a user (nomal/root) login into the system, whatever commands he run, it should log into file on specified path . I don't require command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hb00
4 Replies
acctprc(1M)															       acctprc(1M)

NAME
acctprc, acctprc1, acctprc2 - process accounting SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
reads input in the form described by acct(4), adds login names corresponding to user IDs, then writes for each process an ASCII line giving user ID, login name, prime CPU time (tics), non-prime CPU time (tics), and mean memory size (in memory segment units). If is given, it is expected to contain a list of login sessions in the form described in acctcon(1M), sorted by user ID and login name. If this file is not supplied, it obtains login names from the password file. The information in helps it distinguish among different login names that share the same user ID. reads records in the form written by summarizes them by user ID and name, then writes the sorted summaries to the standard output as total accounting records. combines the functionality of and into one program. It takes the same input format as (but does not accept the ctmp argument) and writes the same output as These commands are typically used as shown below: or EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables For the output of if the user IDs are identical, determines the order in which the user names are sorted. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of ``C'' (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to ``C'' (see environ(5)). WARNINGS
Although it is possible to distinguish among login names that share user IDs for commands run normally, it is difficult to do this for those commands run from for example (see cron(1M)). More precise conversion can be done by faking login sessions on the console via the program in acct(1M). A memory segment of the mean memory size is a unit of measure for the number of bytes in a logical memory segment on a particular proces- sor. The mean memory size may overflow for values greater than FILES
SEE ALSO
acct(1M), acctcms(1M), acctcom(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctsh(1M), cron(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct(4), utmp(4). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
acctprc(1M)