Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX Post 8074 by jyotipg on Friday 5th of October 2001 06:38:09 AM
Old 10-05-2001
Network Unable to compile ANSI compatible code on HP-UX

Hi!!,
my HP-UX - 10.2 compiler doesnt appear to support ANSI style of coding. On compiling my C code, it flags error messages like

error 1705: Function prototypes are an ANSI Feature

Is it a generic problem with the HP compiler or do I need to use some special switches on the command line for compling my code??

Thanx in advance,

JP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compile a code for running on boot

How can I compile a code that can be runned on boot:?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d4n1l0d
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile the c programme in unix

Hi, My name is vreddy and I am learning c language now and written one programme on vi editor. how do I compile the programme please give me some advice and that would be helpfull for me. thanks vre (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasudeva
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert file from Unix - ANSI to PC - ANSI

Hi, I am creating a file in Unix using a shell script. The file is getting created in the Unix - ANSI format. My requirement is to convert it to the PC - ANSI format. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks, Sunil (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssmallya
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Still unable to compile pro*c program

I am unable to compile the programs, I am able to compile .pc to .c but later part of the compilation from .c to executalbe i am unable to do. Here is the way i am doing make -f $LIB_LIB/makefile.templ sample I am getting the following errors, which environment and where to set to point... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satvd
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

How to compile from source code?

Hi all, I downloaded the source code for a pkg. But i dont know how to build from it? I have no prior experience in building from source,so could you pls help me? I tried ./configure(after entering into the dir containing the src codes) but it generated some errors!!!!! Some files... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wrapster
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to compile Shell Script

Hi there, I have written the shell script to illustrate arithmetic operations using case command as shown below: #!/bin/bash echo -n "Enter any two numbers :" read a read b MENU=" Select any one option 1) Addition 2) Substraction 3) Multiplication 4) Division 5) Quit" clear $x=0;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grc
5 Replies

7. Programming

why the implementatoin of Bakery algorithm in ANSI C does not work in ANSI C

I follow the description of wiki (Lamport's bakery algorithm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), then implement that algorithm in C, but it doesn't work, Starving is still here, is the implementation worry? Only print out: Thread ID: 0 START! Thread ID: 0 END! Thread ID: 0 START!... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sehang
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

making code compatible to previous bash versions

First let me explain the scenario I have tywo files as usual file1.txt (it has n rows and 8 columns) $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 Code: 1234567|iufgt|iuoy|iout|white |black |red |90879 1234567|iufgt|iuoy|iout|green |pink |blue |90879... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: s.deepak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert decimal notation to ANSI point code notation

wondering if anyone has any thoughts to convert the below thru a shell script Convert decimal signalling point notation to ANSI point code notation There is a site that does that conversion but i need to implement the solution in a shell script.....Thoughts.... OS: Solaris 9 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aavam
4 Replies

10. Programming

C++ for dummies: how to compile a code.

Hi. I wrote a small programm which shows me display's refresh rate #include "stdafx.h" #include "windows.h" #include "iostream" using namespace std; int _tmain(int cout) { HDC hDCScreen = GetDC(NULL); int RefreshFrequency = GetDeviceCaps(hDCScreen, VREFRESH); ReleaseDC(NULL, hDCScreen);... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: urello
1 Replies
XSUBPP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						 XSUBPP(1)

NAME
xsubpp - compiler to convert Perl XS code into C code SYNOPSIS
xsubpp [-v] [-C++] [-except] [-s pattern] [-prototypes] [-noversioncheck] [-nolinenumbers] [-nooptimize] [-typemap typemap] ... file.xs DESCRIPTION
This compiler is typically run by the makefiles created by ExtUtils::MakeMaker. xsubpp will compile XS code into C code by embedding the constructs necessary to let C functions manipulate Perl values and creates the glue necessary to let Perl access those functions. The compiler uses typemaps to determine how to map C function parameters and variables to Perl values. The compiler will search for typemap files called typemap. It will use the following search path to find default typemaps, with the right- most typemap taking precedence. ../../../typemap:../../typemap:../typemap:typemap OPTIONS
Note that the "XSOPT" MakeMaker option may be used to add these options to any makefiles generated by MakeMaker. -C++ Adds ``extern "C"'' to the C code. -hiertype Retains '::' in type names so that C++ hierachical types can be mapped. -except Adds exception handling stubs to the C code. -typemap typemap Indicates that a user-supplied typemap should take precedence over the default typemaps. This option may be used multiple times, with the last typemap having the highest precedence. -v Prints the xsubpp version number to standard output, then exits. -prototypes By default xsubpp will not automatically generate prototype code for all xsubs. This flag will enable prototypes. -noversioncheck Disables the run time test that determines if the object file (derived from the ".xs" file) and the ".pm" files have the same version number. -nolinenumbers Prevents the inclusion of `#line' directives in the output. -nooptimize Disables certain optimizations. The only optimization that is currently affected is the use of targets by the output C code (see perlguts). This may significantly slow down the generated code, but this is the way xsubpp of 5.005 and earlier operated. -noinout Disable recognition of "IN", "OUT_LIST" and "INOUT_LIST" declarations. -noargtypes Disable recognition of ANSI-like descriptions of function signature. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables are used. AUTHOR
Larry Wall MODIFICATION HISTORY
See the file changes.pod. SEE ALSO
perl(1), perlxs(1), perlxstut(1) perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 XSUBPP(1)