Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: View Files In Linux/Windows
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers View Files In Linux/Windows Post 80478 by jim mcnamara on Monday 8th of August 2005 05:00:21 PM
Old 08-08-2005
Winzip 8.0 on XP can read .gz files from unix just fine.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I view a Windows 2003 folder in Unix?

Is it possible to do something like this? Have a folder shared on a Windows machine and then be able to view it under a Unix server? Sort of like a reverse Samaba share? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LordJezo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

converting txt files in linux to windows

HI.. i have this problem..i want to copy a text file from linux and import it into an access file..but so many junk characters are coming in between..what i have to do.. plz help.. thanx in advance, (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbuddy
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

view remote linux desktop on my windows machine

Hi, is there anyway i can view a remote linux desktop on my windows desktop? i am aware that X11 can see 'certain screens'. For eg if i type 'xclock &' and i have a client running on my windows, i can see the clock. If i am interested to see the entire desktop of my linux, how can i do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to view the unix logs in windows ??

Hi ! I have a FTP site, where I softlinked my server log file. Now I want to view the logs in IE as I do in unix Some kind of free tool should be there, Can somebody provide me a pointer. Thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
0 Replies

5. Linux

Trying to FTP files from Windows to Linux

I am trying to FTP some files from a box running Windows XP to a Linux box and cannot get the right syntax for the file path. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brian Miller
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Windows to Linux Files Transfer

Hi, I have to write a batch script in windows and transfer files from windows ro linux. But I am not able to connect to the Linux machine. The script to transfer files from windows to unix is not working. Please let me know how to transfer files using script. P.S.- I have to put files from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vsachan
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy files from linux to windows

is there any way to copy files from linux to windoes with out mounting ideally using a script in linux or windows which ever possible (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
4 Replies
ZIPMERGE(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ZIPMERGE(1)

NAME
zipmerge - merge zip archives SYNOPSIS
zipmerge [-DhIiSsV] target-zip source-zip Op source-zip ... DESCRIPTION
zipmerge merges the source zip archives source-zip into the target zip archive target-zip. By default, files in the source zip archives overwrite existing files of the same name in the target zip archive. Supported options: -D Ignore directory components in file name comparisons. -h Display a short help message and exit. -I Ignore case in file name comparisons -i Ask before overwriting files. See also -s. -S Do not overwrite files that have the same size and CRC32 in both the source and target archives. -s When -i is given, do not before overwriting files that have the same size and CRC32. -V Display version information and exit. EXIT STATUS
zipmerge exits 0 on success and 1 if an error occurred. SEE ALSO
zipcmp(1), ziptorrent(1), libzip(3) AUTHORS
Dieter Baron <dillo@giga.or.at> and Thomas Klausner <tk@giga.or.at> NiH June 4, 2008 ZIPMERGE(1)