Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris question about JAVA compiling .. Post 80462 by ANAMIKA56 on Monday 8th of August 2005 02:02:45 PM
Old 08-08-2005
question about JAVA compiling..

Thanks Vino.

I have installed jdk in c:/Program Files directory. Won't I be able to use from this location.
If you don't mind could u walk me through the steps after installation .

thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Question about compiling (noob)

I'm just getting started to lean C and I'm using Ubuntu today I found a tutorial at this site: http://einstein.drexel.edu/courses/CompPhys/General/C_basics/c_tutorial.html and I got an error after compiling the fist code: #include < stdio.h> void main() { printf("\nHello World\n"); } ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: arya6000
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie Question: passing a variable into java from script?

I'm currently working on my second ever ksh script! So I apologize if this is a stupid question - I've searched the forum and on google and haven't seen anything :confused: I'm running my script with an input at startup that variable determines a couple of other values(int) that I store into... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cailet
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Java compiling error

I need Help folks; I'm very new to Java & i was trying to compile some java files & i got a lot of errors (see below), could some one tell me what am i doing wrong? These are the files i need to compile: AddCommentActionLogging.java EditPageActionLogging.java When i run:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Katkota
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Shell Script Question.... [java related]

Hey guys! This is my first post, as im new here :S I have a simple problem for a big program. We have a .sh to install it, but when I run the .sh in terminal like i should, It says the class is not found. I believe it has to do with the syntax, as the person who made it is not a linux pro. I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Drags111
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Java / SunOS Security question

Hi, I have a question about the Java that comes with the Solaris 9/10 OS. All my boxes are servers, only ssh allowed, no x windows, hardened, firewaled, etc... Their purpose is Oracle DB's and Sun One Dir servers. None of which use the OS version of Java as far as know. Question IS, can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

6. Programming

Java Compiling Help**URgent**

I am compling simple java program HelloWorld.java although /usr/bin @ this path javac is present, is there any command line wherein i can pass the this option as well lik javac -opttion(javac path) filename.java as i do not have permissions to set path. Also wht does this error, means...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: niceboykunal123
0 Replies

7. Linux

running java program question

hi, i have just written a simple hello world java program in my linux server, installed jdk ... and tried to compile and run it and it gave me some errors. please details below: # cat HelloWorld.java import java.util.*; import java.io.*; public class HelloWorld { public static void... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: k2k
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compiling UNIX software packages Question

I am trying to learn how compile programs using this lesson. UNIX Tutorial Seven I am stuck at 7.4 Configuring and creating the Makefile. It stats that I need to configure the utility with my home directory. After doing the echo $HOME command I get /home/Bill_Gates. It then says to insert... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jae99
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling all modified Java files in a folder on Unix

Hi all, I have a Unix script that will compile all Java files in a sub folder as follows: find . -name "*.java" -print -exec $JAVA_HOME/bin/javac -cp .:$CLASSPATH '{}' \; I would like to enhance it to only compile those Java files who: 1.) Have no class file 2.) Have a class file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Annorax
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compiling and Executing a Java File With a Shell Script

I'm trying to use a shell script to compile and execute a java file. The java classes are using sockets, so there is a client.java file and a server.java file, each with their own shell script. I also want to handle the command line arguments within the shell script, not the java classes. The... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: britty4
1 Replies
DACS.JAVA(7)						  DACS Miscellaneous Information					      DACS.JAVA(7)

NAME
dacs.java - DACS Java support DESCRIPTION
This document describes support for Java provided by DACS. To enable Java support, DACS must be configured using the --enable-java flag. It may also be necessary to specify the location of the Java commands and include files. See dacs.install(7)[1]. Note Java support is currently very limited and should be considered experimental. It is currently only possible to call dacsauth(1)[2] and dacscheck(1)[3] using the Java Native Interface (JNI) provided. The command line arguments to both of these commands are exactly as documented in their manual pages. Each argument is passed as a String. The code is not thread-safe and is probably not suitable for being called many times within a particular process due to assumptions it makes about dynamic memory allocation. There are no immediate plans to improve or extend Java support. Using the existing capability to build the JNI layer, however, it should not be difficult for an experienced Java programmer to build upon the example Java code provided. With Java support enabled, building DACS will copy the JNI shared library and a .jar file to the library directory (default: /usr/local/dacs/lib), and the JNI include files to the include directory (default: /usr/local/dacs/include). The tools/java/jni distribution directory contains a simple script called javarun that demonstrates how to run dacsauth or dacscheck as a Java application. For example, to validate the Unix password for user somebody, run (as root): ./javarun dacsauth -m unix suff -user somebody -prompt DIAGNOSTICS
The return codes are as documented in the command's manual page. AUTHOR
Distributed Systems Software (www.dss.ca[4]) COPYING
Copyright2003-2012 Distributed Systems Software. See the LICENSE[5] file that accompanies the distribution for licensing information. NOTES
1. dacs.install(7) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacs.install.7.html 2. dacsauth(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacsauth.1.html 3. dacscheck(1) http://dacs.dss.ca/man/dacscheck.1.html 4. www.dss.ca http://www.dss.ca 5. LICENSE http://dacs.dss.ca/man/../misc/LICENSE DACS 1.4.27b 10/22/2012 DACS.JAVA(7)