Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help Needed "Urgent"
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Needed "Urgent" Post 80460 by vino on Monday 8th of August 2005 01:35:03 PM
Old 08-08-2005
Try incorporating the following also in madmat's script.

kill -STOP pid suspend the process and swap it out
kill -CONT pid resume a process previously stopped

You need to get the pid of the new script.

In short, it should be like this.

Code:
Run the new-script.
Get the pid of the new-script.
kill -STOP on pid
sleep for n seconds.
kill -CONT pid

Vino

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Needed "Urgent"

Im a newbie to Unix Shell Scripting and im trying to solve the problem. can any one plz help. This is the problem. Im trying to write a WW script which takes 2 arguments: 1) the name of some script ($1) and (2) an integer value ($2) WW should execute the specified script for the specified... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: warangalboy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
explain_kill_or_die(3)					     Library Functions Manual					    explain_kill_or_die(3)

NAME
explain_kill_or_die - send signal to a process and report errors SYNOPSIS
#include <libexplain/kill.h> void explain_kill_or_die(pid_t pid, int sig); int explain_kill_on_error(pid_t pid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
The explain_kill_or_die function is used to call the kill(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_kill(3) function, and then the process terminates by calling exit(EXIT_FAILURE). The explain_kill_on_error function is used to call the kill(2) system call. On failure an explanation will be printed to stderr, obtained from the explain_kill(3) function, but still returns to the caller. pid The pid, exactly as to be passed to the kill(2) system call. sig The sig, exactly as to be passed to the kill(2) system call. RETURN VALUE
The explain_kill_or_die function only returns on success, see kill(2) for more information. On failure, prints an explanation and exits, it does not return. The explain_kill_on_error function always returns the value return by the wrapped kill(2) system call. EXAMPLE
The explain_kill_or_die function is intended to be used in a fashion similar to the following example: explain_kill_or_die(pid, sig); SEE ALSO
kill(2) send signal to a process explain_kill(3) explain kill(2) errors exit(2) terminate the calling process COPYRIGHT
libexplain version 0.52 Copyright (C) 2009 Peter Miller explain_kill_or_die(3)