Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help Needed "Urgent"
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help Needed "Urgent" Post 80455 by warangalboy on Monday 8th of August 2005 01:16:04 PM
Old 08-08-2005
Hello ,
Im not from any school , im just learing unix and this an excercise problem from a book, which i was trying for a long time and was unable to get a answer and thought of posting so i may get a solution.

Last edited by warangalboy; 08-11-2005 at 04:17 PM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help Needed "Urgent"

Im a newbie to Unix Shell Scripting and im trying to solve the problem. can any one plz help. This is the problem. Im trying to write a WW script which takes 2 arguments: 1) the name of some script ($1) and (2) an integer value ($2) WW should execute the specified script for the specified... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: warangalboy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Explain the line "mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'`"

Hi Friends, Can any of you explain me about the below line of code? mn_code=`env|grep "..mn"|awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` Im not able to understand, what exactly it is doing :confused: Any help would be useful for me. Lokesha (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lokesha
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat $como_file | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g'

hi All, cat file_name | awk /^~/'{print $1","$2","$3","$4}' | sed -e 's/~//g' Can this be done by using sed or awk alone (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harshakusam
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to remove a string

logs: "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/abc/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" "/home/xyz/public_html/index.php" how to use "cut" or "awk" or "sed" to get the following result: abc abc xyz xyz xyz (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: timmywong
8 Replies

6. Solaris

The slices "usr", "opt", "tmp" disappeared!!! Help please.

The system don't boot. on the screen appears following: press enter to maintenance (or type CTRL-D to continue)...I checked with format command. ... the slices "0-root","1-swap","2-backup" exist. ...the slises "3-var","6-usr" -unassigned. :( (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolfgang
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using "mailx" command to read "to" and "cc" email addreses from input file

How to use "mailx" command to do e-mail reading the input file containing email address, where column 1 has name and column 2 containing “To” e-mail address and column 3 contains “cc” e-mail address to include with same email. Sample input file, email.txt Below is an sample code where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: asjaiswal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

9. AIX

Apache 2.4 directory cannot display "Last modified" "Size" "Description"

Hi 2 all, i have had AIX 7.2 :/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -v Server version: Apache/2.4.12 (Unix) Server built: May 25 2015 04:58:27 :/#:/# /usr/IBMAHS/bin/apachectl -M Loaded Modules: core_module (static) so_module (static) http_module (static) mpm_worker_module (static) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
3 Replies
Text::vCard::Addressbook(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Text::vCard::Addressbook(3pm)

NAME
Text::vCard::Addressbook - a package to parse, edit and create multiple vCards (RFC 2426) SYNOPSIS
use Text::vCard::Addressbook; my $address_book = Text::vCard::Addressbook->new({ 'source_file' => '/path/to/address.vcf', }); foreach my $vcard ($address_book->vcards()) { print "Got card for " . $vcard->fullname() . " "; } DESCRIPTION
This package provides an API to reading / editing and creating multiple vCards. A vCard is an electronic business card. This package has been developed based on rfc2426. You will find that many applications (Apple Address book, MS Outlook, Evolution etc) can export and import vCards. READING IN VCARDS
load() use Text::vCard::Addressbook; # Read in from a list of files my $address_book = Text::vCard::Addressbook->load( ['foo.vCard', 'Addresses.vcf']); This method will croak if it is unable to read in any of the files. import_data() $address_book->import_data($value); This method imports data directly from a string. new() # Read in from just one file my $address_book = Text::vCard::Addressbook->new({ 'source_file' => '/path/to/address.vcf', }); This method will croak if it is unable to read in the source_file. # File already in a string my $address_book = Text::vCard::Addressbook->new({ 'source_text' => $source_text, }); # Create a new address book my $address_book = Text::vCard::Addressbook->new(); Looping through all vcards in an address book. foreach my $vcard ($address_book->vcards()) { $vcard->...; } METHODS
add_vcard() my $vcard = $address_book->add_vcard(); This method creates a new empty Text::vCard object, stores it in the address book and return it so you can add data to it. vcards() my $vcards = $address_book->vcards(); my @vcards = $address_book->vcards(); This method returns a reference to an array or an array of vcards in this address book. This could be an empty list if there are no entries in the address book. set_encoding() $address_book->add_vcard('utf-8'); This method will add the string ';charset=utf-8' to each and every vCard entry. That does help in connection with e.g. an iPhone... export() my $vcf_file = $address_book->export() This method returns the vcard data in the vcf file format. Please note there is no validation, you must ensure that the correct nodes (FN,N,VERSION) are already added to each vcard if you want to comply with RFC 2426. This might not escape the results correctly at the moment. AUTHOR
Leo Lapworth, LLAP@cuckoo.org COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003 Leo Lapworth. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
The authors of Text::vFile::asData for making my life so much easier. SEE ALSO
Text::vCard, Text::vCard::Node perl v5.10.1 2011-01-11 Text::vCard::Addressbook(3pm)