Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: execute .ksh from windows
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users execute .ksh from windows Post 80110 by dangral on Wednesday 3rd of August 2005 09:45:03 AM
Old 08-03-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebianJ
hi all...

this is my question: i have two servers (sun and windows). In the Sun server i have solaris 5.7. The Windows Server is Win 2000.

in the unix machine (sun) i have a program ksh, and i would like execute it from my windows server (run the ksh program what is in the unix machine from my windows machine). how can i do that? is that possible?

please, i'll thank any idea that you can give me
thanks

DebianJ
I think the OP is saying he wants to initiate the ksh script on the Sun Server from the W2K box. You can use cygwin on windows. Just run the command (substitute for user,sunbox, and scriptname):

Code:
ssh user@sunbox "scriptname"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to execute a shell script from Windows

I like to start a korn job remotely, from windows. I tried REXEC and that is not what I want. Need help !!!! thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kyawlin
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute own ksh function in find -exec

Hi, I wrote a smiple ksh function send_notification() { ... } and want to execute it on each file, matched by the find command. I tried: find / -name "*.err" -mtime -8 -exec send_notification {} \; but it doesn't work. What should I do? I work in ksh on Hp-Ux. Regards, Pit (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh execute command containing double quotes

How do I execute a command containing a double quote ? I pass a variable to grep that contains spaces, so I need to quote it, but it does not work. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -x txt='"next to"' cmd="grep $txt ~dpearso5/file2" echo $cmd $cmd This is the error I get: + grep "next to"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pearson05
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time taken to execute a ksh

Hi, I am executing a ksh. I want to note the time taken to execute each command that are executed in the ksh and write it in a log file. Also I want to note the total time taken to execute the ksh. How can I do that?What is the command to do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kishore_1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute another shell from my ksh script?

I am newbie in UNIX, so please excuse me for the stupid question.:) Here is a problem: I created ksh script where the part of the functionality include an opening of a second session with another shell process "runrep"(runrep is a custom reporting shell designed by Advent Geneva). When I run my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexstar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

ksh scripts failing with cannot execute error

Hi, All the scripts placed in /home/bin had 755 permissions. Sometimes scripts are failing with cannot execute errors. Let me describe a simple scenario. MasterScript.sh had 755 permissions. It is success most of the times. But, sometimes failing with cannot execute error. Really... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sureng
1 Replies

7. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Windows remote to Solaris to execute ksh script

Hi all, I'm not sure if it is correct to post here. I am facing problem wanting to create a batch that run from my Windows XP pc to remote to multiple Solaris server to execute the server's ksh script. :wall: Can anyone give me a hints on how to do that? Thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute .sh file on Windows?

How to execute .sh file on Windows? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunaakella
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh script to execute 2 variabless in universe enviroment

Hello, Im trying to write a ksh script that will enter the universe environment as user kourier (switching to this specific user automatically launches to the TCL prompt). At the TCL " > " prompt i want to execute two variables. However, it wont recognize the second variable (user input Answer) due... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute a shell script in UNIX m/c from win 7 using ksh

I need to run a shell script on unix machine from windows 7. I used the "RSH" command in win XP successfully for this, But on win 7 it is not working. Can any body tell me how to run RSH on win 7 or any other command for similar use. I use the command as below rsh <unix m/c> -l <username>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arup1980
1 Replies
jconsole(1)						      General Commands Manual						       jconsole(1)

NAME
jconsole - J2SE Monitoring and Management Console SYNOPSIS
jconsole [ options ] [ pid | [ host:port ... ] ] PARAMETERS
pid Process ID of a Java VM that was started with -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote option on the same machine. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. host:port Host name on which the Java VM is running and the port number through which the Java VM's JMX Connector is published. See JMX Monitoring and Management for details at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/agent.html. DESCRIPTION
The jconsole command launches a graphical console tool that enables you to monitor and manage Java applications and virtual machines on a local or remote machine. NOTE- This tool is experimental and may not be available in future versions of the JDK. OPTIONS
-interval=n Set the update interval to n seconds (default is 4 seconds) -notile Do not tile windows initially (for two or more connections) -version Output version information abd exit. -help Output help message and exit. SEE ALSO
Monitoring and Management for Java Platform at http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/management/index.html 06 Feb 2004 jconsole(1)