Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: #include?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers #include? Post 79857 by dangral on Monday 1st of August 2005 02:55:57 PM
Old 08-01-2005
In shell scripts, anything code the follows the # sign will be ignored until the end of the line (with the exception of the first line...see Perderabo's excellent write-up in the FAQ).

So what you want to do is "source-in" the file that contains the variables. Lets say that file is filea. In your script, put a line like this.

Code:
. /path/to/filea

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Include files

Hi, I am new to the unix networking. I have written one client and server for UDP sockets.. I got the following errors while conpilation I have include all include files. Could some one help ...is there any other file to be included.....? will the include files change on different unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyb
3 Replies

2. Programming

About $include

Hi, In my code,I come across include statements with $ sign what it represents... $include "getsum.h" /* This how I seen in my code */ Sarwan (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarwan
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

dhcp include

I want to include all the subnet files under /etc/dhcpd/ to /etc/dhcpd.conf so here is my content of dhcpd.conf ... include "/etc/dhcpd/*"; however, the check-syntax reports syntax error, as they do not recognize the wildcard *, and display that " file /etc/dhcpd/* could not be found. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fredao
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to include code

Hi, I have an easy question... My ksh script has a section with non ksh script in it - let's pretent it is VBA code. I need to include this vba script in my ksh script into so that my VBA script can be reused elsewhere by other ksh script by "$include" into other ksh scripts. What is the syntax... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ihot
3 Replies

5. Programming

Include directive

Hi there, I'm working on a c++ project and I need to use some libraries which are part of a framework. I installed it on my home directory, and alle the .hh are located in subdirs of my home. I'd like to include the files I need just as if they where std c header, that is: #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: clalfa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

include in script

Hello, I have a script and a second file that contains all parameters needed for the script. How can I include this file in the script ? I tried source but I have a "no such file or directory" error. :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pppswing
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

scripting help: to include r in between / :

Hi Experts, Greetings! , I have a list of lvs that is having 3 column separated by / . Want to add "r" after the 3rd / : /dev/vgdbnhpu/u01 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u02 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u03 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u04 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u05 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u06 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u07 /dev/vgdbnhpu/u08... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
4 Replies

8. Programming

help with C #include

i have three files a.h t.c and p.c a.h has 3 functions only and does not include anything p.c has one function i made called go t.c has a main function and calls the go function, it includes a.h only i run the program using gcc -Wall -g -o t p.c t.c but i get a warning, implicet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega666
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

%include in kickstart

RHEL 5.4 I'm trying to use %include statements in my kickstarts, and am running into some problems. In %pre, I can %include /mnt/source/isolinux/setup-questions and that works just fine. One of the things it does is echo out several variables to /tmp/vars In %post --nochroot, I copy... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnojr
2 Replies

10. Programming

Include files

I have an implementation file tomog.cpp that implements a class called Tomog where I need to include its header file which resides in another place. How can I best specify the include file? I would not like to do #include "../../tomso/tomography/tomog.hpp" I wish to do instead ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::Script(3pm)